Injury Report: Vol. 3 (Updates in First Post) | Crosby to Miss ASG, Out "About A Week"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
PLAYER|TYPE OF INJURY|REPORTED|RECOVERY TIME|POSSIBLE RETURN|STATUS|UPDATED|SOURCE
Pascal Dupuis | N/A | 11.17.14 | 6 Months (minimum) | May 2015 (earliest) | Blood clot in lung | 11.18.14 | @penguins
Olii Määttä | Shoulder | 12.08.14 | Out Rest of Season | Next Season | Surgery completed with no complications | 01.14.15 | @MolinariPG
Blake Comeau | Upper Body | 12.23.14 | Estimated 3 More Weeks | 2.2.15 (earliest) | Should resume skating after ASB | 01.20.15 | @penguins
Patric Hörnqvist | Lower Body | 12.28.14 | Estimated 3 More Weeks | 2.2.15 (earliest) | Should resume skating after ASB | 01.20.15 | @penguins
Evgeni Malkin | Lower Body | 01.22.15 | Unknown | Unknown | Will miss ASG + unknown amount of time | 01.22.15 | @penguins
Sidney Crosby | Lower Body | 01.22.15 | About A Week | 01.29.15 | Will miss game 1.27.15 due to missing ASG | 01.22.15 | @penguins
« 'Possible Return' calculated by calendar week, i.e. Friday to Friday, from the date reported unless otherwise noted »
« Previous injury thread can be found here »

« 01.22.15 »

Last edited:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
It's not even surprising. Next up should be WBS, Despres, Martin, Malkin and Hornqvist. Letang will get super mumps. Crosby being so predictable is a god damn blessing here though, well, not for the ones who got extra exposure but overall.

Maybe it's time to step up the hygiene. No sharing things anymore, the spitting and the mouthguards need to be thought about. The make out parties are over, too.

They should be worried about the older players, coaches and trainers. Seriously. No Adams joke, he's indestructible but he's closing in on 40 although he may have already played through it.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins
Jim Rutherford: “We have been sanitizing the rooms and everything here for the last week."

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Katie Strang @KatieStrangESPN
Dr. Michael Green of Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh said no children have been placed in isolation yet re: Pens hospital visit.

Green said, of the children who were exposed to Beau Bennett, only 2-3 were not fully immunized. Doubts that Bennett was infectious at time

Asked about 3 additional Pens players that have since undergone testing for mumps, Dr. Green also does not believe they were infectious

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
They tested Ozzy's DNA after he survived decades of drug use to figure out how he did it. They should do something similar with Adams when he retires. His genetics could breed a race of injury-immune AHLers.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
They tested Ozzy's DNA after he survived decades of drug use to figure out how he did it. They should do something similar with Adams when he retires. His genetics could breed a race of injury-immune AHLers.

As a huge Black Sabbath/Ozzy fan, that gave me much lulz man. well done lol

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
the good news is, it looks like Bennett et al failed to infect any of the poor children.

****, this team is a mess sometimes.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
what a mess. there is more uncertainty when it comes to the Pittsburgh Penguins' medical condition than in an entire season of The Walking Dead.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
the good news is, it looks like Bennett et al failed to infect any of the poor children.

****, this team is a mess sometimes.

I don't know if this is true, but I'm from Europe, and here the mindset is that it would be better to get these "childhood" illnesses when one's a kid. they are way more dangerous to get when you're an adult. plus if you have them as kid you become immune at them for later in life...

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
so mumps is like the chicken pocks right? like you can only ever get it once?

are there any major side effects of having it? other than being sick for like a week?

Apparently in rare cases people can get it more than once. In steps the Pens. :laugh:

It's not common, but meningitis, orchitis and once in a blue moon deafness can result from the mumps. Again, the Pens...

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I don't know if this is true, but I'm from Europe, and here the mindset is that it would be better to get these "childhood" illnesses when one's a kid. they are way more dangerous to get when you're an adult. plus if you have them as kid you become immune at them for later in life...

The larger issue here is that they were visiting a children's hospital where the kids are, presumably, already dealing with a serious illness.

In a vacuum (or a bubble, if you will), the mumps aren't a big deal over here. But walking into a room full of kids with pre or post-cancer treatment kids while infectious?

Kind of a faux pas.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

They're sick children in a hospital.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

Issue is that these were sick kids with depressed immune systems. Kind of like how old people can die from the common cold, you don't want people with immune problems (or on immuno-suppressants) to contract any further diseases.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
I'm convinced that Adams is immune to every disease known to mankind.

Maybe Adams himself engineered the new virus strain and initially spread it (outside of Pittsburgh of course, to avoid suspicion) to secure his spot in the lineup? What did he major in again?

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Issue is that these were sick kids with depressed immune systems. Kind of like how old people can die from the common cold, you don't want people with immune problems (or on immuno-suppressants) to contract any further diseases.

except they already said none of the kids they met with were immuno-compromised?

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
If Adams was bitten by a Zombie, he'd shrug it off and a day later his blood would be what cured the world.

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen

Do they say this about measles and mumps and just outright every children's disease though where you are from?
In Germany the measles/mumps vaccine is very much on the standard vaccination schedule for infants (at 18-24 months I believe).

The whole bring your children over to get it over with mostly applies to chicken pox here, but we had whopping cough play dates when I was around 5 too.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I hope everybody on the team that hasn't got the mumps gets them soon, i don't want to see players get the mumps when the real games start, its better for them to get the mumps now so you get them out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad