Prospect Info: Vitaly Abramov - RW/LW

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
he never looked the same after the dumb benching against the wild. I mean remember how good he looked when he first came up. now all i see is a player scared to make plays lest he get benched.

im not even saying Brown is ready or deserves to be up. but he was poorly handled by Smith.

Of course you're saying that

Whatever the Sens do = the wrong thing to do

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Definitely trending the right way as are many of our kids...the more chances for someone to become a legit scoring threat in the NHL the better!

Reactions: Ice-Tray

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Scott Wheeler from the Athletic said Abramov is his favourite prospect in Senator's оrganisation.
Well, he said it before Tim Stützle came along. I tend to agree. Abramov is the epitome of the player, Sens should draft every year. Highly charged energy player, who does not take a shift off, with a speed to burn, great hands, nice edge work and a shot.
Outside of Stützle, who was delivered to Dorion on a silver platter, Sens did not draft anybody like this in any rounds for the last 5 years. Abramov can easy support a cycling game in the offensive zone, to extend puck possession time, which makes him absolutely and incredibly valuable to the team.
Can not wait what he can do playing on the same line with the same high energy charged player like Tim who has even a better skillset. Too bad Sokolov can not skate like Abramov or Stützle.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Scott Wheeler from the Athletic said Abramov is his favourite prospect in Senator's оrganisation.
Well, he said it before Tim Stützle came along. I tend to agree. Abramov is the epitome of the player, Sens should draft every year. Highly charged energy player, who does not take a shift off, with a speed to burn, great hands, nice edge work and a shot.
Outside of Stützle, who was delivered to Dorion on a silver platter, Sens did not draft anybody like this in any rounds for the last 5 years. Abramov can easy support a cycling game in the offensive zone, to extend puck possession time, which makes him absolutely and incredibly valuable to the team.
Can not wait what he can do playing on the same line with the same high energy charged player like Tim who has even a better skillset. Too bad Sokolov can not skate like Abramov or Stützle.
Silver platter being a pick he traded for...

Reactions: aragorn

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016

I'm a big fan of Abramov as well. I really hope he doesn't get lost in the mix, and that he was 2-3 inches taller.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

I doubt VA ever gets a chance unless me move someone like White or Batherson.

RW has Dadonov, Brown, Bath, Watson , and White for the next two years unless someone gets injured/moved etc.

Reactions: aragorn

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I doubt VA ever gets a chance unless me move someone like White or Batherson.

RW has Dadonov, Brown, Bath, Watson , and White for the next two years unless someone gets injured/moved etc.

He can play on the off-wing; the left side has much less depth. Chucky takes one spot on the top-6; Stuetzle looks like will be playing C; so there is an opportunity for Balcers or Abramov to step up.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
He can play on the off-wing; the left side has much less depth. Chucky takes one spot on the top-6; Stuetzle looks like will be playing C; so there is an opportunity for Balcers or Abramov to step up.

Yes - thats a good point. However with Brown, Stutzle, Norris, and Pinto (and CT) competing for 1-2C tolls some of them will move to LW with Formenton.

I see Lw as 1. Brady 2. Displaced Center 3. Formenton.

Maybe Brown never sticks and White is lost in expansion and spots open for VA ?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think it will be hard for him to crack the Sens line up, too much competition incoming. Guys like Pinto, Formenton, Batherson, Norris, Stuetzle will be hard to beat for a spot

And I don't think "Abramov has speed to burn". If it was the case, I would be much higher on him. He's elusive and shifty but not a burner

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Off wing? He's a left hand shot . He already plays his off wing on the Right side. I'm sure he could play the left side with no issue. He will have to knock the door down lighting up the AHL to get a good look imo. His size will work against him with what the team makeup is looking like

Reactions: Frank8

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Bumping Belleville hasnt had as good numbers this year. Abramov has 7pts in 14 games. And where do you project him with.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
If Tierney comes out, one of Amadio or Bishop goes in for sure. I could see Abramov getting a look if Dzingel sits. I hope they don't take Pinto out after that first game.

I could see him not playing at all and I wouldn't complain. Team has been playing well and he's behind Pinto and Formenton for the "young roster players that get rotated in and out of the lineup" spot. Amadio and Bishop have played well when in the lineup. I'm more excited to see what he can do at camp to start next season.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think their is just to much competition for Abramov on both wings. If he continues to play well & his value continues to rise that's good for the org too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad