Prospect Info: Vitaly Abramov - RW/LW

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The box score says it all in his case over the past month.

but keep clinging to the opinion that the sens let some great player get away
I watch hockey not spreadsheets but hey if the box score says all you need you can probably save some money on cable bills, lol.

It's fine, you don't like him. Others do, including his coach.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I watch hockey not spreadsheets but hey if the box score says all you need you can probably save some money on cable bills, lol.

It's fine, you don't like him. Others do, including his coach.
I’ve done both for Balcers. Nice try. He’s a marginal talent.

Funny when our coach says he likes certain guys the fan base doesn’t seem to care and says he’s an idiot.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I’ve done both for Balcers. Nice try. He’s a marginal talent.

Funny when our coach says he likes certain guys the fan base doesn’t seem to care and says he’s an idiot.
Hey, if you've watched him and not liked what you saw, more power to you, maybe lead with you observations about him when discusing his play with someone who sees him in a more positive light rather than telling them to check out his gamelogs and that box scores show all you need to know. Otherwise people might justifyably assume you aren't watching him.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Last night was the Abramov I was hoping to see. Compete level is high, skills are good and showed signs of being able to become a more complete player. Nice depth forward that has enough to be a top 6 injury fill in for short periods. Better prospect for the way DJ likes his team to play than Balcers. Neither player is more than a depth forward for what we have now and in the pipeline. Having both would be nice but alas we can’t keep everyone.

Reactions: Icelevel and NB613

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Abramov will be great. Will be a playoff warrior for this team and a clutch player, who likes to cycle the puck in the o-zone and give 110% every shift.
During the regular season 30-40 points player with a plateau of 20 goals.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
He has been re-assigned to the taxi squad. I am pretty sure he is waiver eligible next season. My guess is that he will be traded this offseason.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He has been re-assigned to the taxi squad. I am pretty sure he is waiver eligible next season. My guess is that he will be traded this offseason.

I guess this means Formenton is healthy and ready to go? I thought Abramov played really well last game.

Reactions: DrEasy

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I guess this means Formenton is healthy and ready to go? I thought Abramov played really well last game.
Yeah Formenton is most likely ready to go. With regards to Abramov, I am not seeing it. There are a lot of prospects coming up and at 23 and being waiver eligible next season I am not sure he will be in the organization's plans. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets dealt this offseason.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I would like to keep him on the team, somehow. I think he has tremendous upside

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
He's the next Balcers.
What's to stop us from signing him to 1-2 years, then loaning him to KHL if he still needs more development time?

He won't have much internal competition the way Balcers did with all the rooks coming in at once.

At least two of Anisimov, Tierney, and Amadio will be gone by next training camp and his main competition will be Brown and Sokolov, with dark horses being Crookshank, Greig and Jarventie to fill those 2-3 spots.
He's ahead of guys like Kastelic, Kelly, Reinhardt, and Bishop.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I thought he looked pretty good with the puck but I can't say with confidence how he was without the puck which is what sinks players like him.

I can't décide if he's worth holding on to (since that probably means we lose someone else if we do).

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
What's to stop us from signing him to 1-2 years, then loaning him to KHL if he still needs more development time?

He won't have much internal competition the way Balcers did with all the rooks coming in at once.

At least two of Anisimov, Tierney, and Amadio will be gone by next training camp and his main competition will be Brown and Sokolov, with dark horses being Crookshank, Greig and Jarventie to fill those 2-3 spots.
He's ahead of guys like Kastelic, Kelly, Reinhardt, and Bishop.
Anidimov is most likely gone as his contract expires and he has been a healthy scratch many times this past season.
Amadio also is likely gone as he too does not have a signed contract. Might get a two-way contract and wind up in Belleville.
Tierney has a contract for next season and I suspect he will be traded if there is any interest.

L. Brown might get a new contract but he may not want one from the Senators.
Grieg will likely need more time to develop.

Reactions: playasRus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad