Prospect Info: Vitaly Abramov - RW/LW

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would much rather have Norris move over to LW & keep Chlapik as the 3rd line centre until they draft someone better like Byfield. Then along with Norris at LW they could have Tkachuk, Formenton & Paul who I would prefer on the team over Abramov. Does anyone think Abramov could beat out Norris, Tkachuk or Formenton at LW?

IMO RW is the big concern for this team & where they are thin & need to find at least a couple of very good players. They may have some in the system, but it's not certain at this point.

Norris - Brown - Batherson
Tkachuk - White - Pinto ???
Formenton - Chlapik/Byfield - Davidsson/Veronneau ???
Paul - Kastelic - C. Brown ???

Reactions: NB613

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
We have big forwards coming

White - 6"(I know but I'm 5"8.5)
Batherson - 6"1
Forementon - 6"2
Tkachuk 6"3
Brown - 6"6

I tend to forget that Brown is that big. He has the opportunity to be a dominant NHL center with that frame, if he learns to use his size to his advantage. It's rare you come across a centre that tall with decent speed and soft hands, but when you do, you end up with an Evgeni Malkin.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
We have big forwards coming

White - 6"(I know but I'm 5"8.5)
Batherson - 6"1
Forementon - 6"2
Tkachuk 6"3
Brown - 6"6
Got to be the smallest group in nhl history. Not even going to look it up.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
567 players have put up 104 pts in a single season in the Q.. Not saying they all compare evenly across the years or age. I have no idea how many of them turned into legit NHL players. Quite a few less. I played against a kid who put up 157 and 160 in the Q.. back to back years .. he was about the same size as Abramov.. He seemed pretty good to me when I was playing against him.. he never got a sniff.
In fairness (I'm not sure how long ago that was) but this new era of hockey allows for the small guys to be successful. They just have to be good skaters.

Grummbles

Nov 11, 2016
Near Napanee Ontario
I have seen a few postings talking about him considering his good start at the rookie camps, so I thought I would bump this up.

The kid is buzzzziing. I was at the game last night and he was in good position on every shift, capitalizing on turnovers. His zone entry wasnt bad but his size definitely made it easy to bump him off the puck. I noticed a few people saying hes a new front runner for a spot this year but its still Bath and Browns to lose. They were dominant on the PP last night and were matched up against Mtls tops prospects who are no slouches. Though they didnt post goals, they were still controlling a ton of play. If players start moving into permanent positions in the NHL, they will need people to fill those gaps and I believe Abramov is going to be the guy scoring a lot of goals this year in Belleville.

p.s. those refs were garbage last night lol

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I understand the tank and the org wanting a guy like Abramov to contribute and develop in Belleville but the guy at least deserves at least a cup of coffee in the NHL. He has earned the right to play a few games with the big club. Give him 5-6 games then send him back. Gotta show your young players that hard work and strong play gets you rewarded. Watching Beaudin go up and down must drive guys who are succeding like Abramov and Backers bonkers.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
How are they similar besides stature? One is a C , one is a W. One is a defense 1st forward. One is an offense 1st forward.
Abramov could be more like a Marchand lite (if we’re sticking with similar stature)

Looking great so far whatever the case.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I understand the tank and the org wanting a guy like Abramov to contribute and develop in Belleville but the guy at least deserves at least a cup of coffee in the NHL. He has earned the right to play a few games with the big club. Give him 5-6 games then send him back. Gotta show your young players that hard work and strong play gets you rewarded. Watching Beaudin go up and down must drive guys who are succeding like Abramov and Backers bonkers.
I have to say. They look like they’re having a lot of fun down there. Maybe that’s part of keeping them there. Letting them grow together.

Reactions: NB613 and Que

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I have to say. They look like they’re having a lot of fun down there. Maybe that’s part of keeping them there. Letting them grow together.
Yes and they probably know the exact plan that the team wants for NHL and AHL. The deadline and next season is when these guys will get their time

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
How are they similar besides stature? One is a C , one is a W. One is a defense 1st forward. One is an offense 1st forward.

They are almost polar opposite in styles haha. But I do hope that Abramov can be a player at the NHL level, he will have to be a top 6 forward with his skillset but the production is encouraging and the highlight real goals show he has the skill.

They are 100 percent communicating the plan with each player, there is likely very little confusion. Beaudin is coming up and going down because he has no real long term future with this organization, they are trying to develop these players properly in a secure structured environment. Beaudin is easy to bring up and down because he is responsible defensively and they dont risk hurting his development because it doesnt matter.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

I hope these players are smarter than that. Why would the organization send down Brown to "play more minutes" only to bring up one of the top prospects to fill in a 4th line role too? They will get their chance, I am confident that players like Batherson, Balcers, Abramov and Formenton could all get some NHL time this year, especially after the deadline. What is the rush with getting them NHL playing time? Are we desperate for more wins? No, because we are winning more games than we expect this season, so what purpose does bringing up players, who are not quite ready, to the NHL do for us?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad