Prospect Info: Vitaly Abramov - RW/LW

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Then move the whole line up one and call it the third, the premise was having two equally used lines in the bottom 6. People get to hung up on numbering lines. Pageau and Hoffman were on our "3rd" line with Hoffman being clearly our best LW at the time, but the reality was the distinction between 1st line and 3rd line can be one or two shifts a game at even strength.

Anyway, when it comes down to it I just don’t like those line combos and I doubt we see them. Who knows... but I don’t think Brown is getting passed anytime soon... I hate that second line, missing Watson etc.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Anyway, when it comes down to it I just don’t like those line combos and I doubt we see them. Who knows.
Totally fair, not how I'd line them up myself, personally if we are sitting Tierney I'd like to try and slot Stützle in at center rather than Paul, I also like Pinto with Brown and Formenton, I think they'll become a killer shutdown line that can fill nets too.

Reactions: Sweatred

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Then move the whole line up one and call it the third, the premise was having two equally used lines in the bottom 6. People get to hung up on numbering lines. Pageau and Hoffman were on our "3rd" line with Hoffman being clearly our best LW at the time, but the reality was the distinction between 1st line and 3rd line can be one or two shifts a game at even strength.

I generally agree with this. It's all about building cohesive lines with players that complement eachother well.
I don't know if Hoffman on the third line is a great example, considering Hoffman was pretty much the only good thing about that line, but that has a lot to do with the fact that Hoffman (on 5v5 play) was a "selfish" player.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Thats what we thought last year... In comes Stepan, Watson, Paquette, Galchenyuk and Anisimov "lookin' good" in TC.. up front ; And Coburn, Gudbranson, Brown on D.

Lets hope we don't see a repeat performance out of Dorion on that front

Kids are looking good .. The vets they bring in should have to earn their spots now.

This criticism would be valid if they hadn't moved or benched almost every guy you listed. And it all happened on the back of the young guys continuing to get more minutes and responsibility.

This fanbase just loves to throw shade on every single thing this team does. When Stutzle was really struggling and half this board was talking about sending him down to the AHL the coaching staff didn't think much of that idea and continued feeding him a steady diet of ice time and PP opportunity.

They've done a pretty bang up job with developing these players this year and it appears that they've used those veterans in the right capacity before telling them to take a hike.

I just can't understand these criticisms when they've recouped the all-consuming "assets" in exchange for a lot of these guys.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Totally fair, not how I'd line them up myself, personally if we are sitting Tierney I'd like to try and slot Stützle in at center rather than Paul, I also like Pinto with Brown and Formenton, I think they'll become a killer shutdown line that can fill nets too.

I really like that third line I hope the team can afford for him to play 3C vs 2C or 1-2RW.

Oral64

Aug 17, 2020
Didn't anybody notice that Abramov has been called up from Belleville?

Is he getting an audition to determine if he's worth protecting?

Or is he being showcased for a possible trade?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
They have to do something to give the player an opportunity and reward his players of the week recognition etc.

If not they should release him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Didn't anybody notice that Abramov has been called up from Belleville?

Is he getting an audition to determine if he's worth protecting?

Or is he being showcased for a possible trade?

He's called up. That's it. No timetable to have him actually play in a game.
Belleville could have used him last night.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He’s better than Dadonov at this point so gets a thumbs up from me.

Is he? I would be surprised if Abramov, had half the career Dadonov has had. Dadonov hasn't been a good fit to date but the ability to play in the NHL is clear. We haven't seen that from Abramov, he has been good in the AHL but his 200 foot game still leaves a lot to be desired.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Anyone else get the feeling we are showcasing Abramov for Seattle or a summer trade?

I think this team should capture the motivation of players trying to secure their position in the league and financial future.

I suspect Abramov will run through more walls than say DZingle will in the next few years .

If VA can play I’d prefer to keep him than add another $2.5 into a Dzingle type vet.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think this team should capture the motivation of players trying to secure their position in the league and financial future.

I suspect Abramov will run through more walls than say DZingle will in the next few years .

If VA can play I’d prefer to keep him than add another $2.5 into a Dzingle type vet.
Dzingel hasn’t really played very well lately. I’d let him walk this off season.

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
I like Abramov, but just hasn’t seemed that he was in Ottawa’s future. Neither Mann or Dorion have talked much about him for over 1 year, just strange that he would now be called up.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't mind what the Sens are doing with the lineup...I think the players that give the team the best chance to win are playing. I think being in close games and winning games down the stretch when other teams are fighting for playoff positions is good for the young core that is expected to be here moving forward. It keeps them motivated and forces them to compete in tougher games. I'd like to see JBD in but .. Josh Brown fills a specific role and he has been adequate. Paul not being able to go will leave a bit of a hole on some Dzone starts and the PK.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
If that line sticks together, dzingel tierney abramov, then abramov will make it better. He will creat chances by himself making the line an offensive threat.

If Watson was around then a line of Abramov Paul Watson would make a good bottom 6 line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad