OT: Visiting Boston? We are here to help.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Where EXACTLY on Atlantic Ave?

The subway or ferry might be a better option.

Fenway's right - I'm a fan and user of the T (mainly due to the ridiculous parking situation in Boston). You can take a "Silver Line" bus from Logan right to the South Station stop:

Google Maps

After that, it's about 1/5 of a mile to the hotel. Not exactly great if you're lugging tons of luggage, but it's $2.75 to get a paper one-way ticket.

meliz112

Feb 6, 2018
Boston, MA
Fenway's right - I'm a fan and user of the T (mainly due to the ridiculous parking situation in Boston). You can take a "Silver Line" bus from Logan right to the South Station stop:

Google Maps

After that, it's about 1/5 of a mile to the hotel. Not exactly great if you're lugging tons of luggage, but it's $2.75 to get a paper one-way ticket.

The silver line is free from Logan to south station. You don't need to purchase a ticket, and it picks up right from the curb at baggage claim. It's probably even easier than a cab in my opinion.

Reactions: talkinaway

C0ach B0mbay

Sep 14, 2009
Boston
I know this is a Boston visitors thread, but I'll be in Portsmouth NH for game 1 Thursday night. Anybody have a good sports bar rec? For me, that means they're preferably piping in the game audio - not generic dance tracks.

Thanks!

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Went to Boston lately. The North Station area changed alot since 2013. It is beautiful.

Thanks to a continuing strong economy Boston has seen a lot of investment in what used to be undeveloped areas. The Seaport area in South Boston is booming too, bringing lots of construction and permanent jobs as well.

I’m impressed by what they’ve done to Toronto Dominion Garden with escalator entrances from Causeway Street and North Station access.

C0ach B0mbay

Sep 14, 2009
Boston
I'm headed to the game tonight and will be needing to drive north (Maine) right after the game. Was thinking of parking somewhere along the orange line for an easier getaway. Was curious if anyone had any tips? Thanks!

Bruinsfan88

Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
I'm headed to the game tonight and will be needing to drive north (Maine) right after the game. Was thinking of parking somewhere along the orange line for an easier getaway. Was curious if anyone had any tips? Thanks!

I always park at Sullivan Square. It's 2 stops from the Garden. It's I think $6.50 to park there. It's just far enough away where you shouldn't hit much traffic getting in or out. Great way to avoid the crowds and trying to park near the Garden.

Reactions: C0ach B0mbay and TP

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Thanks to a continuing strong economy Boston has seen a lot of investment in what used to be undeveloped areas. The Seaport area in South Boston is booming too, bringing lots of construction and permanent jobs as well.

I’m impressed by what they’ve done to Toronto Dominion Garden with escalator entrances from Causeway Street and North Station access.
Too bad it costs an arm and a leg to live here but I digress.

I really do like that they have built up the Seaport

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
That’s where I work when I’m in Boston. I really like it.

It's impossible to imagine what it used to look like. I worked in the area from 2005 - 2012 and there was one cafeteria-style place to get lunch on Congress St, one pizza shop, one bar, and a Dunks. Over along the water it was all parking lots, a Chinese food place (Eastern Pier II - dangerous mai tais and scorpion bowls), and a dive bar called The Seaport. A 7-11, a dunks, the WTC, and the hotel. That was it.

Reactions: sooshii and Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It's impossible to imagine what it used to look like. I worked in the area from 2005 - 2012 and there was one cafeteria-style place to get lunch on Congress St, one pizza shop, one bar, and a Dunks. Over along the water it was all parking lots, a Chinese food place (Eastern Pier II - dangerous mai tais and scorpion bowls), and a dive bar called The Seaport. A 7-11, a dunks, the WTC, and the hotel. That was it.

@Kate08 The area around the courthouse had nothing around it 4 years ago - not anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad