OT: Visiting Boston? We are here to help.

aguineapig

Writing a thank you for help getting to Mass General today. Kiosk tip a lifesaver, as well as T directions. Just waiting for results all that are left. Jumped in van to head home here in Maine and turned on radio and Little Stevie Winwood is on "Gimme Some Lovin" wailing 'So glad we made it, heh heh so glad we made it' couldn't make it up

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Heading back to Boston this weekend with my wife! Staying at the renaissance boston waterfront! What are some good restaurant options? Last time hit up a few in faneuil hall, mr dooleys, fours and the spot beside the fours! Any other good ones?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Heading back to Boston this weekend with my wife! Staying at the renaissance boston waterfront! What are some good restaurant options? Last time hit up a few in faneuil hall, mr dooleys, fours and the spot beside the fours! Any other good ones?

Tony C's Sportsbar is a block away.

Legal Seafood Test Kitchen, No Name Seafood are a slap shot away as well.

Reactions: Dizzay

JohnnyInThe6

Jul 1, 2018
Hey guys, trying to plan out a roadie to visit your beautiful city... and top it off with a leafs bruins playoff game if possible. Are playoff tix hard to get in the city? How much should i be looking to pony up

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Hey guys, trying to plan out a roadie to visit your beautiful city... and top it off with a leafs bruins playoff game if possible. Are playoff tix hard to get in the city? How much should i be looking to pony up

It’ll depend on a lot of things: When you buy it, what day of the week, which game it is, and even the series score. And, of course, where the seat is located. Ace Ticket has had decent prices for the regular season up until the last month or so...I’d check StubHub, Ace, and TicketsNow/TicketMaster when the time rolls on. Usually buying directly from TicketMaster is a losing proposition.

STHs will be paying a minimum of about $80-90 per seat per game for a high balcony seat on the end in the first round, IIRC. That’s an average, and was determined a month or so ago - and people should be able to sell tickets on the secondary market for more than they pay. Unfortunately, the Leafs make it more expensive, since Leafs fans travel pretty well.

They’re not hard to get, especially if you go the secondary market route....but you will pay a price. For a weekend game, $130-$140 including all fees wouldn’t surprise me as a get-in price, but you never know.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I hope everyone is keeping in mind that I will be at the Florida game on the 30th. Let me know if you want to meet up. This also includes the many of you who don't like me. :laugh:

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Hi all. Just wanted to introduce myself:

I'm a loooonnng-time Bruins fan living in TO (yup, and lovin' every minute of it lol!) Been lurking for a while but thought I'd start posting for the playoff run this year.

I've had family in Boston recently, but they're moving to St. L., unfortunately (well, it's their life so!) Anyway, will likely be in Boston in May and would like to catch a game (flew down last year for Game 2 of the Bos-TO series, the 7-3 game, and it was great. So want to catch a 2nd, or 3rd, (or 4th) round game this year).

So that's me. Go B's! And oh yeah, **** the habs (and the laffs)!!

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Hi all. Just wanted to introduce myself:

I'm a loooonnng-time Bruins fan living in TO (yup, and lovin' every minute of it lol!) Been lurking for a while but thought I'd start posting for the playoff run this year.

I've had family in Boston recently, but they're moving to St. L., unfortunately (well, it's their life so!) Anyway, will likely be in Boston in May and would like to catch a game (flew down last year for Game 2 of the Bos-TO series, the 7-3 game, and it was great. So want to catch a 2nd, or 3rd, (or 4th) round game this year).

So that's me. Go B's! And oh yeah, **** the habs (and the laffs)!!
:welcome:

ukmobbi

Nov 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Flyers fan here :laugh: Having saved up to go out to watch Philly, then our lot not making the playoffs decided to fly out to Boston to (hopefully) catch the first / second round of the playoffs Just a few questions:help::
[1] Best pizza joint?
[2] Best hockey bar?
[3] Chances / cost of playoff tickets?
[4] Do they do tours of the TD garden?
[5] Any good breweries to visit (I'm not a sam adams fan!)?

Thanks in advance, and good luck in the playoffs :thumbu:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
1) Across the street from the Garden is Halftime Pizza. Not the best by any means, but it's good for a beer and a slice before a game, and they play fight videos on the TVs. Pizzeria Regina in the North End is an institution, but I'm sure there are many others, the North End is our Little Italy.

2) Upscale? The Fours is a sports bar near the Garden. Less than upscale? Sullivan's Tap, also near the Garden. But this is Boston, aka Title Town. Throw a rock and you will hit a bar that has sports fans.

3) Chances? Good. There are ticket brokers right by the Garden and online. Cost? See posts above.

4) Yes. But they are ending them June 1 due to construction. See this link: Visiting the Museum | The Sports Museum

Edit: Garden Tours are not being done right now, Sports Museum Tours are. All tours end June 1st.

5) Harpoon. Trillium.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ratty and ukmobbi

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I hope everyone is keeping in mind that I will be at the Florida game on the 30th. Let me know if you want to meet up. This also includes the many of you who don't like me. :laugh:
Well, despite the terrible game, my wife and I had a good time in Boston yesterday. I was disappointed that those of you who have differences of opinions with me didn't seem to want to meet to discuss them. Maybe next time. ;)

ukmobbi

Nov 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Sorry just one last question, how much is a taxi from Logan into the centre? Just wanting to know how many $$'s to have ready when I land

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
A cab from Logan to TD Garden should not be more than $30-40. Our cabs also have credit card readers.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Sorry just one last question, how much is a taxi from Logan into the centre? Just wanting to know how many $$'s to have ready when I land

Centre of what? From Logan Airport to TD Garden is about 2.6 miles. Hackney taxi rates according to BPD are $2.60 for the first 1/7th mile, and $0.40 cents per 1/7th mile thereafter - plus $2.75 Logan Airport fee. So, rounding up, and adding tip (15-20%, higher if you're carrying tons of luggage that they help you win), $20 is probably enough for that trip, but you might want $40 just in case. I have no idea if the BPD site is up to date, but...it seems reasonable.

Taxi Rates — bpdnews.com

By the way, all Boston taxis are required by law to accept credit cards. If a credit card machine is "broken", then the taxi is unfit for service. I don't know if that's better or worse with foreign exchange rates, but...if you have Visa or Mastercard, you should be good to go.

https://www.americaninno.com/boston/boston-taxi-credit-card-machine-broken/

Booking an Uber right now (late at night on a weekday) for the same trip in an UberX (single car, no sharing) is $18.39.

Reactions: ukmobbi

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

A cab from Logan to TD Garden should not be more than $30-40. Our cabs also have credit card readers.

Need to be careful in a cab as if they think you don't know the city they will try to increase the fare

Depending on where downtown or the Back Bay you are going in MOST cases you want the driver to go into the SUMNER TUNNEL and NOT the TED WILLIAMS. BUT if going to the SEAPORT then you want to take the Williams Tunnel.
upload_2019-4-3_20-48-32.png

From Logan, I would recommend Uber or Lyft

Uber & Lyft at Boston Logan International Airport

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Need to be careful in a cab as if they think you don't know the city they will try to increase the fare

Depending on where downtown or the Back Bay you are going in MOST cases you want the driver to go into the SUMNER TUNNEL and NOT the TED WILLIAMS. BUT if going to the SEAPORT then you want to take the Williams Tunnel.
View attachment 208503

From Logan, I would recommend Uber or Lyft

Uber & Lyft at Boston Logan International Airport

Chastity belt well secured.

ukmobbi

Nov 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Thanks for the info, I'll be heading to Atlantic Ave. I'll make sure I have at least $40, good to hear they'll accept cards though!

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
FWIW from Logan or South Station I always take the rail service to get to city center. Never had an issue, and it’s like $2 a ride.

Reactions: ukmobbi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad