OT: Visiting Boston? We are here to help.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
lol lol!!!!

Wow. Well, she said March 14th lol, I wonder if she got the date wrong or the people giving her the corporate tickets are maroons. Well. That takes care of my problem ! 😅😂

@KnightofBoston - We don't play Poutineville again this year after Thursday.

IF the tickets are indeed in Montreal it's a 4 1/2 drive on I-91 each way........

Ignore what Google Maps says - stay on I-91 to the border which becomes A-55 in Quebec. Taking I-91 to I-89 is a few miles shorter BUT you have to deal with Quebec 133 which is downright dangerous.

Quebec was SUPPOSED to build A-35 to the Vermont border in time for Expo 67 but they promise it will be finished in 2026.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
@KnightofBoston - We don't play Poutineville again this year after Thursday.

IF the tickets are indeed in Montreal it's a 4 1/2 drive on I-91 each way........

Ignore what Google Maps says - stay on I-91 to the border which becomes A-55 in Quebec. Taking I-91 to I-89 is a few miles shorter BUT you have to deal with Quebec 133 which is downright dangerous.

Quebec was SUPPOSED to build A-35 to the Vermont border in time for Expo 67 but they promise it will be finished in 2026.

Amanda and I did this trip for the last regular season game last April.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Lol yea, thanks @Fenway - you saved me some grief, 50/50 I would have realized the game was away before I had left

Definitely not heading to montreal as I have work and would have to miss it either on the front end or back end, but some day I’ll head up to montreal.

Spjutmuren

Aug 9, 2021
Hi

I am seriously contemplating going to Boston w my 15 yr old son for the Florida game on Saturday 6/4. It is going to be a little crazy run, because he has school to attend on monday and we’ll be coming in from Norway (I know, but we weren’t able to travel last year and the I am dying to do something good for him this spring). So, I need some advice on some practicalities

How long time would you need to get from TD Garden to Logan?
Which travel option is the smoothest on a Saturday evening?
Is the AirPort normally busy these hours? (I’d have no problem getting our local AirPort 1,5 hours before departure, but would hate to travel around the world just to be stressed out in OT 🤣)

I read that Boston is great for walking, so we’ll probably try to stay close to TD Garden and walk there.

Thanks for a great sub on a great forum! Lurking around here makes you feel connected to the rest of you fans 😀

Edit: I both came to my senses about traveling back home straight from the game, and got the tickets. We are both super-excited to finally get to see the Bs 🏒

Last edited:
Reactions: sooshii

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Hi

I am seriously contemplating going to Boston w my 15 yr old son for the Florida game on Saturday 6/4. It is going to be a little crazy run, because he has school to attend on monday and we’ll be coming in from Norway (I know, but we weren’t able to travel last year and the I am dying to do something good for him this spring). So, I need some advice on some practicalities

How long time would you need to get from TD Garden to Logan?
Which travel option is the smoothest on a Saturday evening?
Is the AirPort normally busy these hours? (I’d have no problem getting our local AirPort 1,5 hours before departure, but would hate to travel around the world just to be stressed out in OT 🤣)

I read that Boston is great for walking, so we’ll probably try to stay close to TD Garden and walk there.

Thanks for a great sub on a great forum! Lurking around here makes you feel connected to the rest of you fans 😀

You can take the Blue Line inbound (4 stops) to Government Center and then switch to the Green Line Eastbound (2 stops) to the North Station stop. Enter TD Garden at either the East or West entrance. North Station is actually part of the Garden complex. About a 15 minute ride and trains come every 15 minutes or so. Depending on what terminal you land at, you may need to take the Silver Line to the Blue.

x800-subway-map-aug-2022.jpg.pagespeed.ic.0x5qo3P7Tx.jpg

Reactions: Spjutmuren

Hairz

Mar 22, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
My girlfriend and I are coming down for a playoff game. I haven't been to the stadium since the renovations.

1. Is there a spot we can see the players coming into the rink before game? Also what time would they leave after the morning skate?

2. What is the best Italian Restraunt in the North End?

Thanks for the help.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
My girlfriend and I are coming down for a playoff game. I haven't been to the stadium since the renovations.

1. Is there a spot we can see the players coming into the rink before game? Also what time would they leave after the morning skate?
The parking area for the players is private and guarded. The morning skate for the Bruins is usually held at Warrior.

Wars have been started over that question. The truth is, no restaurant survives in the North End if they serve lousy food. Pick a place, check out the menu, if it looks good, you can't really go wrong.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Thanks for the help.
I used to run into players all the time on Legends Way. Usually 3ish hours before puck drop. I’m assuming they’ve cut off access to that alley since the Renovations. I haven’t been down the alley in a few years

Hairz

Mar 22, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
I just know at most stadiums fans stand outside the lot looking for autographs. Wondering if their is a spot for that? I'm not looking for autographs, just like looking at the cars.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Hey everyone, I'm hoping to visit Boston and walk to 3 games at Fenway at the end of April. I'm looking at the Courtyard Marriott on Memorial Drive , it's about a 1.5 mile walk. What's the area like? Would it be safe to walk to/from the game at night? I'm traveling by myself

That's the Courtyard Cambridge. Cambridge is safe, as is the area across the bridge to Fenway. Should be no problem, other than the usual stay aware of your surroundings required in any city.

Reactions: Gee Wally and Otto

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Awesome thanks!

You will probably be taking the BU Bridge over the Charles. Noted for being the only only bridge in the world where a boat can sail under a train driving under a pedestrian/car walking/driving under an airplane and not be on the same span.
Bu-bridge.jpg

Last edited:

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
You will probably be taking the BU Bridge over the Charles. Noted for being the only only bridge in the world where a boat can sail under a train driving under a pedestrian/car walking/driving under an airplane and not be on the same span.
View attachment 849317
I actually changed my mind on hotels. I'll be about 3 1/2 miles away on Main Street in Cambridge.

I'm going to be taking the Fenway tour. I'm wondering people's thoughts on if I should drive there and do the 10am tour or walk down for the 3pm tour and hang around the area after for a 7:10pm game.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
View attachment 849317
I actually changed my mind on hotels. I'll be about 3 1/2 miles away on Main Street in Cambridge.

I'm going to be taking the Fenway tour. I'm wondering people's thoughts on if I should drive there and do the 10am tour or walk down for the 3pm tour.

I guess the other option is drive down in the morning and get tickets to the pre-game tour at 4pm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad