OT: Video Game Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Not a fan, huh? :laugh:
I want to like it (I dont play it just from the perspective of watching) but the gunplay seems stupid. I was intrigued by the strategy of it all, but yeah watching is just like okay guy sits behind a corner and then taps their head when they show up. Just seems....not fun

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I want to like it (I dont play it just from the perspective of watching) but the gunplay seems stupid. I was intrigued by the strategy of it all, but yeah watching is just like okay guy sits behind a corner and then taps their head when they show up. Just seems....not fun
I think it’s definitely the kind of game that’s more fun to play than watch. I personally don’t enjoy watching people play it at all but I enjoy playing it... usually.

What makes it interesting is how you use the various characters and abilities. There’s really a play style for everyone, which is pretty cool.

I’d recommend giving it a shot. The games free so there’s really nothing to lose.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I like when I’m playing the Show online, and I look at the bat tracker for the other guy.....and on a higher difficulty yet with a smaller bat zone.....and the dude is ALWAYS square to the ball whatever pitch or location. Like I’m f***ing lucky if I get the bat in the general vicinity. I can’t fathom how you’re that accurate short of modding or something. I played a dude who was top 15 in wins on both consoles. I beat him, but he was probably unlucky. As soon as I saw his bat replays, I knew and went to the leaderboards. :laugh:
Kontrol Freeks + a lot of Batting Practice on Legend.

;)

upload_2021-5-25_11-57-16.png

These quitters are ruining my runs per game.

Reactions: Magua

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
PS Now is an insane value. So many classic games to play so I don't have to bemoan there being nothing but FPSes and Souls clones out there to play. I just wish they had the original Ratchet and Clank games because they don't go back further than the ones that were on the Vita and Quest for Booty suuuuuucked.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I long for the day I see you in the battle royale lobby

I haven’t even played Warzone since I got my Series X last month. I have played once in like 10 weeks. Something clicked off for me. I will say I haven’t been so amenable to playing Fortnite again as in this very moment typing. Hmmmm.

You still need a new game, sir. For variety! :laugh:

Kontrol Freeks + a lot of Batting Practice on Legend.

;)

View attachment 438882

These quitters are ruining my runs per game.

I knew it. The stick sensitivity is way too high. It just flies through the zone with a tap. That will not solve my high and inside fastball issues though.....

Also, it’s pretty weird that your hitting K/9 matches Tainter Jainter’s K/9.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I haven’t even played Warzone since I got my Series X last month. I have played once in like 10 weeks. Something clicked off for me. I will say I haven’t been so amenable to playing Fortnite again as in this very moment typing. Hmmmm.

You still need a new game, sir. For variety! :laugh:
I honestly think I am more likely to stop playing video games before I play anything besides fortnite regularly. It is just such a unique game.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I knew it. The stick sensitivity is way too high. It just flies through the zone with a tap. That will not solve my high and inside fastball issues though.....

Also, it’s pretty weird that your hitting K/9 matches Tainter Jainter’s K/9.
High and inside fastballs are tough on the higher difficulties, especially if you play diamond dynasty and the high velocity reliever cards start getting released more frequently. As long as input lag isn't holding you back, it's a matter of getting in good counts and anticipating it. A lot of players' tendencies become pretty obvious over a 9 inning game. If you get 0-2, 1-2 too often you're kind of at their mercy.

One strategy I use when I'm struggling is I'll take until I get a strike (or at least take the first pitch one time through the order). 1) It'll force your opponent to throw strikes to beat you. If you're taking balls early in the game, they are less likely to expand the strikezone and they are more likely to make a mistake over the middle of the plate (also the pitcher's confidence meter won't get maxed out). 2) On the pitches you take, you can practice moving the PCI marker to the pitch. 3) Pitch counts.

Also use strikezone view if you aren't already.

I think that's actually my pitching K/9 all jacked up because of the DNFs. Sony's formula is screwy. I had a 22 K game the other day. Guy was literally swinging at everything and I didn't realize until like the 5th inning. :laugh:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
High and inside fastballs are tough on the higher difficulties, especially if you play diamond dynasty and the high velocity reliever cards start getting released more frequently. As long as input lag isn't holding you back, it's a matter of getting in good counts and anticipating it. A lot of players' tendencies become pretty obvious over a 9 inning game. If you get 0-2, 1-2 too often you're kind of at their mercy.

One strategy I use when I'm struggling is I'll take until I get a strike (or at least take the first pitch one time through the order). 1) It'll force your opponent to throw strikes to beat you. If you're taking balls early in the game, they are less likely to expand the strikezone and they are more likely to make a mistake over the middle of the plate (also the pitcher's confidence meter won't get maxed out). 2) On the pitches you take, you can practice moving the PCI marker to the pitch. 3) Pitch counts.

Also use strikezone view if you aren't already.

I think that's actually my pitching K/9 all jacked up because of the DNFs. Sony's formula is screwy. I had a 22 K game the other day. Guy was literally swinging at everything and I didn't realize until like the 5th inning. :laugh:

Oh, trust, I'm actually pretty good with working counts. I'm like 35-6 or something, so I'm not lost -- I have game sense. I just know I lag in my bat accuracy against the really good players. I'd do Chuck Fletcher proud with my low scoring games. I've been playing Strike Zone since I got the game. Lot of guys seem to use 2, but I feel too tunnel visioned with it and use 3. Moving my left stick on pitches I'm taking is a good idea though.

I've actually been raking of late, but the top 15 guy I played, the bat sweet spot was as small as can be. I'm not used to that difficulty setting. f*** him though, he lost. :laugh:

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Which stairwell did you camp? Promenade? Downtown? Or did you sit in a cozy nook in Farmland?
Magua, do I strike you as a patient person? I couldn’t camp all game if my life depended on it. I’m way too aggressive for that shit. :laugh:

I started off at the salt mine and ended up in the last circle at the opposite corner of the map. Ended with 11 kills and quite a bit of damage to people who got away. Nothing super impressive, but solid. :)

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
i've been playing the hell out of all things Dragon Quest Builders 2..an oddly enjoyable game..and i really..can't stand like..Minecraft

Reactions: Lord Defect

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So my cousin and I decided to sub FFXIV. We are enjoying it very much. First part is definitely is slow and abit boring. But we heard this before so we are pushing through.

I remember there were a few people on here that played. I’d be interested in friending up incase we have questions ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad