OT: Video Game Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Red Dead 2 is amazing. I really enjoyed the slower pace. Not a lot of games nowadays give you time to breathe like it does. I actually reinstalled it a few days ago and I’ve mostly been riding around admiring the landscape. Easily one of the most beautiful games I’ve ever played.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Red Dead 2 is amazing. I really enjoyed the slower pace. Not a lot of games nowadays give you time to breathe like it does. I actually reinstalled it a few days ago and I’ve mostly been riding around admiring the landscape. Easily one of the most beautiful games I’ve ever played.

Ive played a grand total of maybe 4 games in like the last decade.

AC Black Flag was just an awesome journey, and I’m a sucker for stories.

RD2 is up there with it. The landscape for Lemonye and that whole Valentine area is super nice.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
It's almost time for the next Ratchet and Clank and I haven't seen a bad review yet. I highly doubt they'd change things enough for me not to enjoy it and it just looks beautiful.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Signed up to PS Now for one reason only - i found that MGS4 is on there and my god i've wanted to play that again for a long damn time.

Reactions: Amorgus

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
Speaking of giving up too early on a game, I stopped playing Horizon Zero Dawn I’d say about 1/4 of the way through. No reason really, other than not really wanting to spend the time. But with the sequel coming up, I was thinking of giving the original another chance. Anyone play it and think it’s worthy of spending the time on?

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
i liked BF 2142..kinda interesting..would love to see that revived

also was that Kickstart My Heart at the end?
Kickstart my heart was playing most of the way through the video, just super low and broken up.
I had a low end computer and could barely play 2142. It was definitely interesting.

Reactions: trostol

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I've been really enjoying that game Control recently after it was free on PS+ a couple months ago. It's pretty tough since they kind of toss you in with minimal direction, but I picked it up just quick enough to stay interested. Would recommend if anyone needs a new time waster.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Speaking of giving up too early on a game, I stopped playing Horizon Zero Dawn I’d say about 1/4 of the way through. No reason really, other than not really wanting to spend the time. But with the sequel coming up, I was thinking of giving the original another chance. Anyone play it and think it’s worthy of spending the time on?
GOD yes, for the story alone. That's the one thing I'm fearing about in the sequel. We discovered the whole reason for the fall of mankind, the origin of the robot animals, and Aloi's attachment to it all, so I don't know of any grand mysteries left to reveal. But hey you'll have a grapple and glider now!

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I LOVED hzd. It’s one of the few games I bothered getting the platinum trophy.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
FFVII Remake bros: is the second part linear or more open world? I am slowly making my way through the first one but I am hoping the second is going to be essentially the rest of the original game with all the different places from the original, side quests, hidden characters, etc.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
FFVII Remake bros: is the second part linear or more open world? I am slowly making my way through the first one but I am hoping the second is going to be essentially the rest of the original game with all the different places from the original, side quests, hidden characters, etc.
I bailed on the first part probably 80-90% of the way through. I don’t remember why.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

One of the best games of the generation for me. The story, the world, the combat. All basically perfect.

I've been really enjoying that game Control recently after it was free on PS+ a couple months ago. It's pretty tough since they kind of toss you in with minimal direction, but I picked it up just quick enough to stay interested. Would recommend if anyone needs a new time waster.

And this is THE best game of the generation.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I bailed on the first part probably 80-90% of the way through. I don’t remember why.
Yeah I am not blown away by but I like it. I am really just waiting for the open world stuff to see how that compares. I am especially interested in how the weapon battles take place in the remake. I can't imagine how they could re-do them without the turn based fighting from the original.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Yeah I am not blown away by but I like it. I am really just waiting for the open world stuff to see how that compares. I am especially interested in how the weapon battles take place in the remake. I can't imagine how they could re-do them without the turn based fighting from the original.
Quick time events!!!!! But, yeah, no idea. It’ll be interesting to see.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Quick time events!!!!! But, yeah, no idea. It’ll be interesting to see.
The weapons battles was probably my favorite part of that game (still have never beaten Emerald Weapon). I just remember thinking how cool it was to have bosses like that just cruising the world map.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Its worth it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

It will be more open world from what I understand. Just like the original was after leaving Midgar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad