OT: Video Game Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
So my cousin and I decided to sub FFXIV. We are enjoying it very much. First part is definitely is slow and abit boring. But we heard this before so we are pushing through.

I remember there were a few people on here that played. I’d be interested in friending up incase we have questions ;).
I could not get past the sign up screen. A game that’s designed that poorly to sign up isn’t worth the headache to play it imo

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I could not get past the sign up screen. A game that’s designed that poorly to sign up isn’t worth the headache to play it imo
I found it easier to signup on their website by clicking the trial button. Sign up there then just sign in wherever you are playing.

It really is a fun time. They are definitely pushing more storyline and rpg feel then mmo which we are enjoying. Again it is slow but they said the first pre expansion bit is. They made it more unique the farther they went.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I found it easier to signup on their website by clicking the trial button. Sign up there then just sign in wherever you are playing.

It really is a fun time. They are definitely pushing more storyline and rpg feel then mmo which we are enjoying. Again it is slow but they said the first pre expansion bit is. They made it more unique the farther they went.
They claim I have an account, and my PlayStation automatically fills in the username tied to my PlayStation account. I don’t remember the password or even which game I might have signed up for in the past. There email address tied to it was a junk one and I no longer have access to it, so I can’t reset the password.
It will not let me make a new account because it’s tied to my PlayStation subscription and there is no way to unlink it.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
They claim I have an account, and my PlayStation automatically fills in the username tied to my PlayStation account. I don’t remember the password or even which game I might have signed up for in the past. There email address tied to it was a junk one and I no longer have access to it, so I can’t reset the password.
It will not let me make a new account because it’s tied to my PlayStation subscription and there is no way to unlink it.
Ahh sorry. I would try chat? But they weren’t helpful for me.

I had a similar issue with the account linkage. I made a extra PS account and linked a new service account for FFXIV to it. Pain the ass? Yep, but I didn’t want to sub or buy the expansions without testing it.

FWIW, the PS store has the “complete” bundle for more than half off (I think it was $25?). This includes:

upload_2021-5-28_15-47-47.png

We played for a few days and decided wth and got the expansions and 30 days.Let me know if you sign up! My cousin and I are always looking for people to dungeon and raid with (when we get to those haha)

Reactions: Lord Defect

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Ahh sorry. I would try chat? But they weren’t helpful for me.

I had a similar issue with the account linkage. I made a extra PS account and linked a new service account for FFXIV to it. Pain the ass? Yep, but I didn’t want to sub or buy the expansions without testing it.

FWIW, the PS store has the “complete” bundle for more than half off (I think it was $25?). This includes:

View attachment 440057

We played for a few days and decided wth and got the expansions and 30 days.Let me know if you sign up! My cousin and I are always looking for people to dungeon and raid with (when we get to those haha)
I’ll not be signing up. Hope you guys have fun tho bud.

I’ve been playing a new survival/building game, my heroin, Valheim. Based on Norse lore. I wish I had something better than a semi shitty laptop to play it on. First world problems.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ

I have an endgame character, although I took the last patch off. There is a large disconnect between Mogstation and the game itself. Mogstation sucks, the game is the best FF content ever created (storyline, game, etc.) The last DLC (Shadowbringers) defeats any FF game prior. And I mean it.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I recently enjoyed Subnautica and completed it. Phenomenal game. Top ten for me. I also started Subnautica: Below Zero, but it lacks the utter horror of dropping your Cyclops 1500m down in near absolute darkness while wearing VR and hearing wild screams around you, and knowing giant reapers are around. It's much friendlier, although gorgeous, but doesn't capture that survival horror correctly (Subnautica starts with dropping you into the middle of a water world and going--hey, survive. You need food/water immediately. We will tell you little. Gl. Also, you're sick.) I'm trying to tutor a friend of mine through Dark Souls 3's rather rowdy tussle with The Nameless King. I was able to get him to play Bloodborne and he's caught the FromSoftware bug.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I re-installed TLOU2 because i loved it more than anything when i played last year but it was too soon, too raw still. Decided to play Uncharted 4 again and boy, that game is superb. It's a little too long, but the mocapping and acting sets ND games apart from the rest.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
fortnite x rick & morty collab confirmed for next season @Magua

the butter robot back bling would look great on the moisty merman (which I have not since since I stopped playing with you)

Reactions: Magua

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I re-installed TLOU2 because i loved it more than anything when i played last year but it was too soon, too raw still. Decided to play Uncharted 4 again and boy, that game is superb. It's a little too long, but the mocapping and acting sets ND games apart from the rest.

Yes. I've played through uncharted 4 about 5 or 6 times now. The best game I've ever played. Absolutely love it. TLOU2 made me feel the most of any game I've ever played. I felt like a bad person after finishing it. I will play it again at some point. But not any time soon I don't think.

Currently doing a full play through of the Mass Effect series. Recently finished 1 for the first time since that came out in 2007, and what a phenomenal game. Working on 2 ATM which has always been my favorite in the series.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Not really a gamer, but finished Red Dead 2 the other day.

Holy shit what a ride. Just loved the experience, the story.
I couldn’t get past the first town. It just didn’t hold my interest. The first one I loved though.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
RDR2 was so well made, but so cripplingly slow that it lost me. Not the story pace or anything, but the literal movement of the character. It's like he'd had a stroke.

Reactions: Lord Defect
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad