OT: Video Game Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
The mortal Kombat movie gave me an itch to play a series that I haven’t touched since ultimate mk3 on the Super Nintendo. I thought I bought the latest release in an ultimate edition(aka all dlc) but I inadvertently purchased the latest edition -1.
Still Mortal Kombat XL for $5 wasn’t a bad pick up.
I don’t know if the game had gotten harder or if I just suck at it anymore. It certainly doesn’t help the story mode starts you off with 3-5 fights as Johnny cage, who I never liked to play as, then gives you 3-5 fights with characters I’ve never heard of.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Played NHL 21 threes eliminator for the first time today, won on the second try. Must have been pretty lucky. That mode is a pretty good time

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The mortal Kombat movie gave me an itch to play a series that I haven’t touched since ultimate mk3 on the Super Nintendo. I thought I bought the latest release in an ultimate edition(aka all dlc) but I inadvertently purchased the latest edition -1.
Still Mortal Kombat XL for $5 wasn’t a bad pick up.
I don’t know if the game had gotten harder or if I just suck at it anymore. It certainly doesn’t help the story mode starts you off with 3-5 fights as Johnny cage, who I never liked to play as, then gives you 3-5 fights with characters I’ve never heard of.

Fighting games are more complex than ever.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
FFXIV, let’s make this trial version as hard as humanly possible to use!

The only option in the game is “I have an account” so I click it. It had a name I’d generally use already filled in but I don’t know the password. Reset password. Enter both of my email addresses that I use for gaming, and neither one are a known email.
Create an account using one of the email addresses, and now I can’t find where to link my square account with my psn account. YAY!

If it matters, I’m on ps5 trying this, and mobile for the account info.

Reactions: trostol

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
so FFXIV updated for the PS5 yesterday. I wanted to try the free trial on it to see how much i liked it. Well seems like I can't? Customer support is no help either. I literally played 30 minutes of the trial the first time around... even though the trial is unlimited. Sigh
Ever get this working?

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Nope :/. Talked to chat and they said all I could do is create a new PlayStation account :/. Sucks since literally the first like 20 hours is free to play during the trial (with some limits of course)
God forbid they have an account unlink feature.
Oh well. They’re loss.

Reactions: sa cyred

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
65997E7A-92DD-41D5-A525-289D66EA5D61.jpeg
So I gameshared COD Cold War from a buddy of mine, who bought the ps4 version on release. I’ve played it on ps4 and I thought I have played it on ps5 but I’m not positive. I know I do have it downloaded on my ps5 and it just downloaded the update.
I don’t have an option to play, only purchase. Can I not play the ps4 version on ps5 at all? Are they really going to try to milk another $60 from me when I didn’t pay $60 in the first place(how dare they!)?

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Man I am dog shit at war zone but I managed to get 4 kills in one life last match without getting a load out.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What’s Valorant?
Its a new(ish) PC game that’s basically a CounterStrike competitor, but cartoony, with magical powers, and way easier.

Been playing it a lot with my brother over the past few months since it’s the only PC game he’s tried playing and he never bought a new console after Xbox 360.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I like when I’m playing the Show online, and I look at the bat tracker for the other guy.....and on a higher difficulty yet with a smaller bat zone.....and the dude is ALWAYS square to the ball whatever pitch or location. Like I’m f***ing lucky if I get the bat in the general vicinity. I can’t fathom how you’re that accurate short of modding or something. I played a dude who was top 15 in wins on both consoles. I beat him, but he was probably unlucky. As soon as I saw his bat replays, I knew and went to the leaderboards. :laugh:

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Its a new(ish) PC game that’s basically a CounterStrike competitor, but cartoony, with magical powers, and way easier.

Been playing it a lot with my brother over the past few months since it’s the only PC game he’s tried playing and he never bought a new console after Xbox 360.
aka people hiding around corners and headshotting you with a pistol

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I like when I’m playing the Show online, and I look at the bat tracker for the other guy.....and on a higher difficulty yet with a smaller bat zone.....and the dude is ALWAYS square to the ball whatever pitch or location. Like I’m f***ing lucky if I get the bat in the general vicinity. I can’t fathom how you’re that accurate short of modding or something. I played a dude who was top 15 in wins on both consoles. I beat him, but he was probably unlucky. As soon as I saw his bat replays, I knew and went to the leaderboards. :laugh:
I long for the day I see you in the battle royale lobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->