OT: Video Game Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Finally playing God of War on PS4

Too early to have a strong opinion. Looks fantastic though.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
My latest mobile obsession is Rogue Adventure. It's another roguelike deck building game but it's done very well and reminds me of playing Magic, especially when I can load up on weenie combos to get ridiculous streams of shields, health, and attack. Sending a stream of neverending Robohounds in one turn is so damn satisfying. Also loading up on 300+ shields and dropping a card that does damage equal to your shield total. Bye bye boss fight.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I'm actually holding out for now. I'm in a weird holding pattern with games. I don't want to get The Show 21 for PS4 when I know I'm going to get a PS5 in the not so distant future. But I might cave. Idk

As far as I’m aware, anything made for the PS5 has to be backwards compatible. The list of games that aren’t is pretty small and it’s all old games.

That doesn’t mean the performance will be the same though. For instance, the ME legacy collection is announced to be 4K 60 FPS on PS5 and PS4 Pro, but we have to wait to see what the performance is on a base PS4 because they haven’t given any indication.

Reactions: DancingPanther

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I got it around Christmas and have been playing it off and on. I think it's a blast. I'm really looking forward to the new EA Sports PGA Tour game next year. It'll bring back a bunch more official courses.
You know you can search for courses other people have made, right? There is an Augusta course, but you need to do a deep search for it.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
This would be the easiest way to explain it. You can search and find pretty much any course. It makes the game so much more fun

tenor.gif

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
@Young Sandwich

Other courses off the top of my head that you'd want to search for:
Merion
Pinehurst
The Cradle (Pinehurst par 3 course)
Butter's Bay (fictional course made by one of the Barstool guys, fun course)
Knives Creek (same as above)
Chambers Bay
Golden Horseshoe (course in Williamsburg, VA. Played it in September and playing it again next week)

I haven't searched for it, but I imagine Kiawah is on there too.

There are a ton out there. You can just do a normal search for those courses. Always play the one with the most reviews/stars, that's going to be the best replica. Anything with Lidar in the name is legit.

Also check out this designer. Wish you could search courses by username.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0QqDSGjKiH6Vxb6b8kHhg

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Yeah, I love it. The best part is you can design courses and upload them online, so you can play courses other people have made. It's great
Are the online modes a big part of the game?

Been looking for something on PC for a while. Tried NBA 2K21 but online is dead on PC and the franchise mode seems to be exactly the same as 2k20 which I played to death.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
@Young Sandwich

Other courses off the top of my head that you'd want to search for:
Merion
Pinehurst
The Cradle (Pinehurst par 3 course)
Butter's Bay (fictional course made by one of the Barstool guys, fun course)
Knives Creek (same as above)
Chambers Bay
Golden Horseshoe (course in Williamsburg, VA. Played it in September and playing it again next week)

I haven't searched for it, but I imagine Kiawah is on there too.

There are a ton out there. You can just do a normal search for those courses. Always play the one with the most reviews/stars, that's going to be the best replica. Anything with Lidar in the name is legit.

Also check out this designer. Wish you could search courses by username.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0QqDSGjKiH6Vxb6b8kHhg
Awesome, I've got some new stuff to dive into! I've basically just been working through a Tour season with my player and absolutely dominating tournaments. Been having to up the difficulty to keep it fun. :laugh:

Reactions: Cody Webster

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Are the online modes a big part of the game?

Been looking for something on PC for a while. Tried NBA 2K21 but online is dead on PC and the franchise mode seems to be exactly the same as 2k20 which I played to death.
Ummm not really. You can join societies and they create tournaments in which you can play in. They added a new mode a few weeks ago called derby golf. There's 20 people in the game at once, some are usually bots, and you all tee off at the same time and it's a race to get the ball into the hole. They shrink the field after each hole until there is a winner. It's fun to do a few times in a row, but gets a bit boring after a while. If you have friends that play on PC, you can create a group and play together. Unfortunately, there is no cross-platform play. They do keep adding updates and everything to the game which is nice and refreshing (new clubs and apparel, the new game mode)

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Ummm not really. You can join societies and they create tournaments in which you can play in. They added a new mode a few weeks ago called derby golf. There's 20 people in the game at once, some are usually bots, and you all tee off at the same time and it's a race to get the ball into the hole. They shrink the field after each hole until there is a winner. It's fun to do a few times in a row, but gets a bit boring after a while. If you have friends that play on PC, you can create a group and play together. Unfortunately, there is no cross-platform play. They do keep adding updates and everything to the game which is nice and refreshing (new clubs and apparel, the new game mode)
Awesome, might have to pick this one up then. Sports games generally seem to be dead online on PC so that was my main concern.

Reactions: Cody Webster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad