OT: Video Game Thread Part IV

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
How the **** do you counter a takedown? Ill be winning a fight and then my still green bar drop to nothing and i lose. How do you even preform one?

Finally started a LTL player im gonna play. DFD for the Plymouth Whalers. Already a 78ovl . 14 games in hot streak meets hot streak Owen sound 12-1 won last 12. Plymouth 13-1 won last 12. One goes to 13 tonight.

Need to mess with sliders. My team can not cycle just skate up boards then 45° cut into defensive player turning puck over

B A T M A N

Tavares is a playoff GOD. And Yakupov is clutch as ****. But Tavares got a hat trick in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals against Anaheim to lead the team back from a 3-1 deficit. You can't make this **** up.

Tavares: 17 goals, 15 assists - 32 points in 22 playoff games. He finally dethroned Schneider's two straight Conn Smythe streak.

New roster is giving me headaches. No idea how it's going to work.

But for now it looks like...

Landeskog (87) - Tavares (93) - Yakupov (87)
Bittner [2015 3rd overall pick who was explosive in the playoffs] (83) - MacKinnon (88) - Voracek (88)
McDavid (83) - Barkov (84) - Kucherov (80)
Paajarvi (81) - Brunner (80) - Leino (82)

Ekblad (88) - Pietrangelo (90)
Hedman (86) - Rielly (84)
Liles (80) - Ristolainen (81)

Schneider (85)
Fucale (83)

Top prospects: LW Damian Hennessy (72o, 4rs); G Petri Niemi (58o, 4ys).

Had to get rid of Kane and Henrique due to Tavares' new monster contract. It's temporary because obviously these bloody twats are going to want a dump truck of money when they get out of their ELCs.

Last edited by a moderator:

B A T M A N

Scratch that. McDavid on MacKinnon's line is tearing it up. **** you Bittner. D:

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
Tavares is a playoff GOD. And Yakupov is clutch as ****. But Tavares got a hat trick in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals against Anaheim to lead the team back from a 3-1 deficit. You can't make this **** up.

Tavares: 17 goals, 15 assists - 32 points in 22 playoff games. He finally dethroned Schneider's two straight Conn Smythe streak.

New roster is giving me headaches. No idea how it's going to work.

But for now it looks like...

Landeskog (87) - Tavares (93) - Yakupov (87)
Bittner [2015 3rd overall pick who was explosive in the playoffs] (83) - MacKinnon (88) - Voracek (88)
McDavid (83) - Barkov (84) - Kucherov (80)
Paajarvi (81) - Brunner (80) - Leino (82)

Ekblad (88) - Pietrangelo (90)
Hedman (86) - Rielly (84)
Liles (80) - Ristolainen (81)

Schneider (85)
Fucale (83)

Top prospects: LW Damian Hennessy (72o, 4rs); G Petri Niemi (58o, 4ys).

Had to get rid of Kane and Henrique due to Tavares' new monster contract. It's temporary because obviously these bloody twats are going to want a dump truck of money when they get out of their ELCs.

Based on the overalls you may be alright but idk what your cap space is haha...

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
This is the worst HUT game I've ever been a part of a complete collapse. This is what forced me to change my defensive strategies. I'd love to blame ice-tilt but lets be honest, I don't think EA is smart enough to code such a thing into a game but... Either way the bottom line is... I BLEW IT! :laugh:

This will provide you guys with some comic relief! :laugh: Let me know how horrible I played. :p:

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
This is the worst HUT game I've ever been a part of a complete collapse. This is what forced me to change my defensive strategies. I'd love to blame ice-tilt but lets be honest, I don't think EA is smart enough to code such a thing into a game but... Either way the bottom line is... I BLEW IT! :laugh:

This will provide you guys with some comic relief! :laugh: Let me know how horrible I played. :p:

I think I am more embarrassed that I lost to a team that had Volchenkov on it... :cry:

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Just an example on how horribly easy it is to score goals in that game. That game winning overtime goal should never had been let through.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Spoilerific review of Arkham

[spoil]

- Main story is pretty weak, and way too short
- Overuse of brawls and underuse of predator scenarios
- Assassin side-quests are incredibly short and underwhelming
- Detective missions are incredibly linear, and require 0 brain cells
- Enigma collection missions back, but wayy more basic than before
- Gadgets are all basically repeats or re-hashes of previous ones
- Map doesnt actually feel that much bigger than AC. they say its 2x but feels like 1.1x
- Crime-in-progress and Blackgate Roundup are so boring. fly to location, beat up some guys, repeat
- Seems to be very little reward in the way of costumes and extras etc
- The in-story challenges are a pretty cool distraction and require you to put some thought in
- Challenge mode is as good as ever, Deathstroke is pretty cool to play as

- having said all that, the formula still works and its a very enjoyable game, its just not a patch on AA and AC. they didnt try to push anything like Rocksteady might have

[/spoil]

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
any PC nVidia users here, get todays new drivers. nVidia Shadowplay is amaziiiiing. full 1080p recording with no framerate drop. awesome

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
KaossKing ...

Without spoilers, how did you like Origins? How does it compare to the others?

Also, you mentioned the newest Saints Row wasn't good... How come?

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
KaossKing ...

Without spoilers, how did you like Origins? How does it compare to the others?

Also, you mentioned the newest Saints Row wasn't good... How come?

actually the review I posted doesnt really spoil anything. I posted it in spoiler tags because I was going to talk about the story but didnt

in short, its very good, just doesnt push the envelope over AC

as for SR4, the super-powers ruins the game. its not fun when you can just fly around the map and blow people up. the missions and exploration become boring, and theres no reason to use vehicles and weapons

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
actually the review I posted doesnt really spoil anything. I posted it in spoiler tags because I was going to talk about the story but didnt

as for SR4, the super-powers ruins the game. its not fun when you can just fly around the map and blow people up. the missions and exploration become boring, and theres no reason to use vehicles and weapons

I was hoping that it would be similar to Crackdown.

Thanks for the info.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
Year 3

Chris Coyle(82)- Henrique(86)- P Kane (88)
Tedenby(82)- Zajac(87)- C. Stewart (84)
Clowe(83)- Josefson(80)- Jan Mursak(82)
Hoeffel(79)-Helm(82)-Kobasew(78)

Bouwmeester(87)- Larsson(85)
Greene(84)-Fayne(82)
Gelinas(81)- Corrente(80)

Schneider(87)
Dipietro(82)

I like having a PWF on each line. Mursak is a monster, basically a better Ryder, all 90 shooting. Tried to keep it realistic but I stunted Merrill development a little bit, and Corrente turns out to be a decent defenseman lol. Hoeffel turns into a huge PK asset too.

I buried Elias(85) because of cap constraints and to try and develop Hertl and Boucher down in the AHL. Severson, Boucher, and Matteau are progressing alright, we'll see.

Question, does poise EVER go up? Why is a 29 year old Fayne only have a 75 poise. He'd be a mid 80 by now if he were.

B A T M A N

I don't think anybody was legitimately expecting it to be better than Arkham City. That's expecting the next Elder Scrolls game to be better than Skyrim. Hah, good luck with that. And same with AC. That was just such a well rounded and amazing game. It took all of the flaws of Arkham Asylum and beefed up the hell out of everything.

It'd be cool to do the New Game + on Christmas Eve, just to make it feel more realistic. I know that's something I'm going to try and do.

I haven't gotten my copy yet but I'm not letting all the negative reviews affect my thoughts on the game.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
I don't think anybody was legitimately expecting it to be better than Arkham City. That's expecting the next Elder Scrolls game to be better than Skyrim. Hah, good luck with that. And same with AC. That was just such a well rounded and amazing game. It took all of the flaws of Arkham Asylum and beefed up the hell out of everything.

It'd be cool to do the New Game + on Christmas Eve, just to make it feel more realistic. I know that's something I'm going to try and do.

I haven't gotten my copy yet but I'm not letting all the negative reviews affect my thoughts on the game.

Skyrim isnt that great. Morrowind is still the best. I loved Skyrim but there is a reason Bethesda gave up on offical mods. The game gets boring. The first 15 levels its always great fun then it slows. its a grind to level up because most people only use 3 or 4 skills. I created a Orc Beserker who wore liight armor and carried a big hammer. I couldnt reach 30+ because i only used those two skills. Most peopke have to grind alchemy blacksmithing and enchantment if they want to get a high level. Elder Scrolls online will likely blow Skyrim out of the water.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Christ EA you cant even get the Draft right. How does Ottawa a team the i lost too in the first round pick 17th while i pick at 26? No Ottawa had no other first round picks only its own. I call shenanigans!

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Christ EA you cant even get the Draft right. How does Ottawa a team the i lost too in the first round pick 17th while i pick at 26? No Ottawa had no other first round picks only its own. I call shenanigans!

definately didnt trade before round 1?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad