OT: Video Game Thread Part IV

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Pleasent suprise. Boucher is 8th in goal in his first NHL season.

Laurent Dauphin is weird. 80 Overall on PHX 3rd line and always seems to be in the top3 for goals beyond the 3rd year or so. great shooting stats but still...

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Blowing up the team one year at a time. This year Traded a 35 year old Zajac and a 2nd for 2nd overall and Drafted a 5 star goalie to replace Schneider in 4 years. Last year i traded Severson for 8th overall ended up being a 84 overal DFD. Still in a cap hell but have about 2.5 mill left for my injury call ups

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
usually you find guys that high in the prospect game stats

I was watching him on the scouting sheet. I knew he was gonna go 8-10 tried to get the pick but philly wouldnt budge. i targeted him in free agency instead of signing players with my .565 cap space. he was a 81 ovr. Severson was a 82 trade went smootly all it took was a 2nd. Then i simmed to preseason where he jumped to a 84. It was just easier saying i traded for 8th overall

personally ive never seen anyone that high overall comming out of the draft

Last edited:

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
personally ive never seen anyone that high overall comming out of the draft

highest ive seen in NHL14 was an 85OVR forward in the prospect game but he went 1st overall and I didnt have the assets for it. Highest ive taken is 83

I saw a goalie in NHL13 taken at 78 overall, which is quite high since the 4 goalies in the prospect game are usually 50-60 and theres a sli chance of anyone else beign better

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
highest ive seen in NHL14 was an 85OVR forward in the prospect game but he went 1st overall and I didnt have the assets for it. Highest ive taken is 83

I saw a goalie in NHL13 taken at 78 overall, which is quite high since the 4 goalies in the prospect game are usually 50-60 and theres a sli chance of anyone else beign better

I didnt know about prospect game stats lol i just drafted on scouting alone

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I didnt know about prospect game stats lol i just drafted on scouting alone

haha yeah let the prospect game simulate then the day before the draft check the game stats. it lists the Overalls for everyone. they are more accurate if you have a better Pro Scout, but ive never found it to be all that innaccurate

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Just a question. How would a player like the FA I picked up be a FA ??? Was he undrafted ? I mean how do you not take a 5 Full Green Stars Goalie who is 20 years old and 83 overall

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
haha yeah let the prospect game simulate then the day before the draft check the game stats. it lists the Overalls for everyone. they are more accurate if you have a better Pro Scout, but ive never found it to be all that innaccurate

Just found a 88 C in the Prospect game.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Just a question. How would a player like the FA I picked up be a FA ??? Was he undrafted ? I mean how do you not take a 5 Full Green Stars Goalie who is 20 years old and 83 overall

maybe his team dropped him because he wanted serious bank? if you signed him (or you know who did) you can look at his player info page and see who and when he was drafted

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
maybe his team dropped him because he wanted serious bank? if you signed him (or you know who did) you can look at his player info page and see who and when he was drafted

Serious bank ??? it was his first contract im pretty sure

I wasnt allowed to do anything else then 3 years . 900k

Signed him at 83 overall in FA. After progression he became 85. Now has 54 Wins in Albany

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Serious bank ??? it was his first contract im pretty sure

I wasnt allowed to do anything else then 3 years . 900k

Signed him at 83 overall in FA. After progression he became 85. Now has 54 Wins in Albany

ah yeah spose. well that is wierd. did you find out when he was drafted

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
The very next year

86 Overall 20 year old Mathias Kristoffersson 4 and 1/2 yellow stars. UFA again

Colorado Avalanche drafted him in 2016, 3rd Overall and dropped him

Update : First full year of Progression Reich is 93 Overall at 22 years old

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
The very next year

86 Overall 20 year old Mathias Kristoffersson 4 and 1/2 yellow stars. UFA again

Colorado Avalanche drafted him in 2016, 3rd Overall and dropped him

Update : First full year of Progression Reich is 93 Overall at 22 years old

did the Avs hire DeBoer?

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
Larsson jumped to a 94overall. Sucks it isnt permanent

Do player ratings change multiple times over the course of a season? I just completed a season where Zajac won the Hart and Richard (LOL) and had like 5 guys over 60pts. I didn't see much progression from the young guys, maybe one or two ratings.

Side note, lil Gio developed a 91 wrist shot accuracy and still stayed the same rating but he rode the healthy scratch pine all year. I don't understand.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Do player ratings change multiple times over the course of a season? I just completed a season where Zajac won the Hart and Richard (LOL) and had like 5 guys over 60pts. I didn't see much progression from the young guys, maybe one or two ratings.

Side note, lil Gio developed a 91 wrist shot accuracy and still stayed the same rating. I don't understand.

they do change over the course of the season. theres 2 types of change

Natural Growth - Based on age and potential. Permanent change

Statistical Growth - Based on season stats. reset every year

You can check these in the GM progress reports

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Ok, so they change ratings right after the re-signing phase?

just before the pre-season games there will be a day (about a week or two before) where the game will seem to pause for a second then show a message (i forget what it says). during that pause, the statistical growth is reset, and their natural ratings will be boosted (on top of any natural growth gained during the previous season)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad