OT: Video Game Thread Part IV

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
I started a new play through in Skyrim with a mod called Requiem, it makes the game way more challenging and immersive, you actually need to play with a strategy instead of hacking and slashing or you'll get owned. It completely rebuilds the gameplay, the NPC's in the game actually level up and become stronger as the days go by. It's fun if you like old school RPG's but it's tough, last night I spent 4 hours in a cave getting owned by 3 skeleton archers.

That is really cool. I need to play skyrim again. I was able to get pretty good at it, i was able to sneak up to dragons and sneak shot kill them in 1 or 2 shots. It was pretty funny.. anyways i would play as archer and used the slow time spell along with doing mostly sneak attacks while crouching. Invest in a lot of sneak stuff and get the 3x damage when enemies can't detect you and the game is SUPER easy but a lot of fun because you have to plan for the horde of attackers coming at you after you fire your first shot. Best strat is to backup and hide somewhere else because enemies investigate where the last shot you fire.

Also invest in your weapon with ice damage if you do bow, that way you can slow your enemies (under magic tree, buy ice slows your enemies).

I may have a video of my sneaking on a dragon if anyone wants to see it.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I'm two missions away from being done with the main story of Far Cry 4... yet the game tells me I've only completed 30% of the game. I've liberated every bell tower and conquered every outpost. There is so much to freaking do in this game it's unbelievable.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I'm two missions away from being done with the main story of Far Cry 4... yet the game tells me I've only completed 30% of the game. I've liberated every bell tower and conquered every outpost. There is so much to freaking do in this game it's unbelievable.

I posted in the other thread where you commented about FC4. Is the game play similar to FC3 where you are taking over those towers and outposts. Game looks great but it looks more of the same.

I loved FC3, awesome game and finished it to 100%.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I posted in the other thread where you commented about FC4. Is the game play similar to FC3 where you are taking over those towers and outposts. Game looks great but it looks more of the same.

I loved FC3, awesome game and finished it to 100%.

The gameplay is similar... outposts and towers are the same from the last game. The missions are different, graphics are amazing, and there is seriously so much to do. I would recommend it. If Far Cry 3 was so highly rated, why change too much? There's a good crafting system and a lot of ways to get money... there's more emphasis on hunting animals and the animals are really aggressive. You can ride an elephant, take down the gate of an outpost and run people over and smash things haha. Or you can set wild animals free into an outpost and they can thin the enemy herd for you while you watch from a hill.

theking72

Confucius Ackbar
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
NJ
Anyone here interested in playing vs. online? I typically play a game or two between 11-12pm. theking72 on Xbox One

MountainGoat

That is really cool. I need to play skyrim again. I was able to get pretty good at it, i was able to sneak up to dragons and sneak shot kill them in 1 or 2 shots. It was pretty funny.. anyways i would play as archer and used the slow time spell along with doing mostly sneak attacks while crouching. Invest in a lot of sneak stuff and get the 3x damage when enemies can't detect you and the game is SUPER easy but a lot of fun because you have to plan for the horde of attackers coming at you after you fire your first shot. Best strat is to backup and hide somewhere else because enemies investigate where the last shot you fire.

Also invest in your weapon with ice damage if you do bow, that way you can slow your enemies (under magic tree, buy ice slows your enemies).

I may have a video of my sneaking on a dragon if anyone wants to see it.

you should try this mod called Elemental Arrows, it adds new arrows that you can link magic spells to, when you hit a target the magic spell is released on impact.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49983/?

Lous Special Sauce

Aug 16, 2013
Currently playing Zelda: twilight princess for the wii (on wii u), surprised how good the graphics held up considering the game came out in like '06

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad