OT: Video Game Thread Part IV

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Any one ever been a benefactor of huge puck bid? I keep seeing someone is paying 30,000 pucks for bronze contracts

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
either loaning a friend pucks or settling an off-game bet/trade/sale

They are actually puck farming. I saw on the EA forums that a lot of people create like 20+ xbox accounts and trade the collections to them then move the pucks to the main account those contracts are used to trade the players and pucks back to the main account. Some people have WAY too much time.

B A T M A N

That's sad. Especially considering this is an annual game. Why bother doing that for a game that has an expiration date? If it were something like League of Legends I'd get it... but not NHL.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
That's sad. Especially considering this is an annual game. Why bother doing that for a game that has an expiration date? If it were something like League of Legends I'd get it... but not NHL.

Agreed and think about it these low lives make 20 accounts and complete Tampa Bay they get 1.2 mil for moving it around. Unreal that EA has not addressed it.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
So Matteau thinks hes better the Reid Boucher who lead the league in goals last year. Anyone takes the time to develop him he turns out as a good 2line player. However at 86overall and wanting over 7million a year he can walk. So make sure you trade his ass when you can

B A T M A N

I still wouldn't get it :laugh:
I mean I'd get it as in I'd understand why some people would bother to do it. But this? Just doesn't make any sense.

And I'm by no means a LoL fan.

Agreed and think about it these low lives make 20 accounts and complete Tampa Bay they get 1.2 mil for moving it around. Unreal that EA has not addressed it.
Is it that surprising though? EA doesn't care. They're just happy that they get money from people who pay for pucks. I'm sure for every one person that puts the time in this sad ********, there are ten people who frown upon this behaviour and just spend $10 on packs, because they couldn't be ****ing bothered.

So Matteau thinks hes better the Reid Boucher who lead the league in goals last year. Anyone takes the time to develop him he turns out as a good 2line player. However at 86overall and wanting over 7million a year he can walk. So make sure you trade his ass when you can
Silly question, but why not just sign him, and then trade him immediately after? That's what I'd always do. Even though your GM rep drops, it doesn't take long before it rises again. I reached my Legendary GM status after 1200 games, so I think I'll start another GM playthrough, and make the team a little more realistic this time around. The team I built is so good that it's not that fun anymore.

It's hilarious how certain teams become your rivals if you keep trying to get a trade to go through for that team. St. Louis and Colorado should not be the Devils rivals, even if I did fleece them in multiple trades. :sarcasm:

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Silly question, but why not just sign him, and then trade him immediately after? That's what I'd always do. Even though your GM rep drops, it doesn't take long before it rises again. I reached my Legendary GM status after 1200 games, so I think I'll start another GM playthrough, and make the team a little more realistic this time around. The team I built is so good that it's not that fun anymore.

It's hilarious how certain teams become your rivals if you keep trying to get a trade to go through for that team. St. Louis and Colorado should not be the Devils rivals, even if I did fleece them in multiple trades. :sarcasm:

Because i didnt have cap room. Too much spent in goal and on the blueline.

jasonthenicest

Because The Internet
Off topic from the NHL chat but I was wondering if anyone of the forum plays Minecraft? I know it has a bad rep because of the people who play it but if there is anyone on the forum that is looking for a Vanilla Survival Server, I own one and we are still sort of a newer server and would love to get some of you guys on the whitelist. There is an age requirement of 18+ but I will make exceptions for any board members.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
so any one play live the life alot? I really want to love it but the controls are ****. Why is it that when i call for a pass a slit second after a pass is made to me do i pass it? even when its a Two libe pass from thr face off circle. Why cant i poke check anymore and why does he only do it straight ahead and why cant i keep the poke check in the shooting lane? im used to just hitting poke when i just wanted to chop a puck so getting used too the cop puck will solve not being able to poke a loose puck. How can i defend when im not allowed to use my stick! the stupid never stop sliding and weird turn around animations still annoy me but im getting used to them. Getting stuck on players. Why cant i get around anyone when im rushing back after a failed pinch. then the ****ing dumb cpu wont leave my point even when i am standing 2 feet away from him because i am slighyly out of position

I so wanted to love this game mode

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Skyrim has taken over my life. Dragons, trolls, being a dick to random people. I just can't get away from it. I have to have close to 30 hours in and have barely touched the main quest or any of the major side quests.

B A T M A N

Amazon are bloody oafs. All I have to say.

9VtiLMm.jpg

While I'm ecstatic that it arrived five days ahead of schedule, they still managed to **** up.
Why bother sending games in envelopes? It just doesn't make sense. The last package was in a box. I don't understand the inconsistency, but whatever.

B A T M A N

The back edge (and a large amount of the back of the case) is destroyed. The discs are fine, but as a collector that little damage upsets me.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The back edge (and a large amount of the back of the case) is destroyed. The discs are fine, but as a collector that little damage upsets me.

Ohhh, I didnt see your link at first. I'm the same way. Even if the game plays fine, you bought a brand new game and deserve a perfect case.

B A T M A N

Ew. I said it before, and I'll say it again. The next gen is quite simply not impressing me that much right now. I just don't see the point in buying a $400/$500 console for some higher frame rates and more textures. Is anybody else underwhelmed by the next gen right now or am I paranoid?

Ohhh, I didnt see your link at first. I'm the same way. Even if the game plays fine, you bought a brand new game and deserve a perfect case.
Ah well. Not the end of the world I guess. I just don't want it to occur too often. Especially since I'm already paying over $30 for shipping to begin with.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

Ew. I said it before, and I'll say it again. The next gen is quite simply not impressing me that much right now. I just don't see the point in buying a $400/$500 console for some higher frame rates and more textures. Is anybody else underwhelmed by the next gen right now or am I paranoid?

Being a PC owner, the consoles are just introducing things that have been around for 5+ years. im not an elitist by any means, but alot of people are saying console is up to par now. I mean ok, BF4 looks pretty similar on PS4 and PC, but give it 3-6 months and PC steams ahead again, especially as more 4K monitors roll out at better prices. to be honest though, if you are sitting 6-8 feet away from your TV, running a game at 1440x900 on a console isnt going to make any real visual difference. its still gonna look fine compared to full 1080p. a PC monitor 1-2 feet away from your face is another story

im actually having a crappy weekend since my BF4 copy didnt show up yet :cry:. would have bought it digital but got a boxed cpy ordered for my birthdat and hasnt come :shakehead

B A T M A N

Being a PC owner, the consoles are just introducing things that have been around for 5+ years. im not an elitist by any means, but alot of people are saying console is up to par now. I mean ok, BF4 looks pretty similar on PS4 and PC, but give it 3-6 months and PC steams ahead again, especially as more 4K monitors roll out at better prices. to be honest though, if you are sitting 6-8 feet away from your TV, running a game at 1440x900 on a console isnt going to make any real visual difference. its still gonna look fine compared to full 1080p. a PC monitor 1-2 feet away from your face is another story

im actually having a crappy weekend since my BF4 copy didnt show up yet :cry:. would have bought it digital but got a boxed cpy ordered for my birthdat and hasnt come :shakehead
The only good to come out of the next gen consoles is that when games are ported to PC, they'll be a lot more impressive, and it should be easier since they're all around equal footing right now (at least in comparison to the current gen consoles and PCs today). So that's a good thing. The only reason to stick with console gaming are the first party games. And it'll be a good 6 months before any substantial ones hit the market. I really hope people aren't pressured by the whole "OMG NEW TECHNOLOGY MUST GET IT DAY ONE OR I WILL NOT FIT IN WITH MY FRIENDS ANYMORE!" mentality.

I think I'll be skipping BF4. I still haven't even picked up BF3 haha. Oh well. Better for me to wait and play the games I got. And wait for other games to drop in price before I go bonkers again.

DevilzFan

PS3 GM Conn. Oilers
Feb 4, 2010
Jersey
www.cobraisland.com

Consoles are holding up advancement in video game technology plain and simple. You've got some mavericks out there like the Oculus Rift team, and Chris Roberts and Star Citizen, but for the most part, yeah, consoles hinder advancement in video game tech.

The only good to come out of the next gen consoles is that when games are ported to PC, they'll be a lot more impressive, and it should be easier since they're all around equal footing right now (at least in comparison to the current gen consoles and PCs today). So that's a good thing. The only reason to stick with console gaming are the first party games. And it'll be a good 6 months before any substantial ones hit the market. I really hope people aren't pressured by the whole "OMG NEW TECHNOLOGY MUST GET IT DAY ONE OR I WILL NOT FIT IN WITH MY FRIENDS ANYMORE!" mentality.

Console exclusive games are the only reason I use my PS3. I long dumped my 360 and Wii. Right now all I use the PS3 for is NHL and GTA V. I don't see myself purchasing a PS4 anytime in the next year really, unless NHL 15 really blows me away.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
every time I think about Star Citizen I have to change my underwear

DevilzFan

PS3 GM Conn. Oilers
Feb 4, 2010
Jersey
www.cobraisland.com
every time I think about Star Citizen I have to change my underwear

If you only knew....

I'm actually kind of afraid to post this and be laughed at :laugh:

Shots from inside my hangar. This doesn't include the ships that aren't in-engine yet that I have pledged for. (Cutlass, though the statue is there, Caterpillar, Retaliator, Starfarer)

ScreenShot0015.jpg

ScreenShot0016.jpg

Screenshot%202013-11-03%2018.44.57.jpg

And then there's this....I am weak when it comes to Chris Roberts. :cry:

Screenshot%202013-11-03%2018.45.15.jpg

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
im holding out on pledging till at least the Dogfight module is out, but everything about that game looks stunning

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad