OT: Video Game Thread Part IV

B A T M A N

kjElSp6.png

Looks like I'm in too. Also ordered two other surprise projects, because hey why not? Amazon.com shipping sucks for Canadians though. I have to pay an arm and a leg for them just to ship a couple games, and they just dick around and take their sweet time. It sucks, but what can you do? Coulda gone with .ca but for some reason .com Amazon vouchers aren't friendly with .ca. Go figure.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
is it bad to be in your mid-20s and finding Lego Marvel Superheroes incredibly fun?

B A T M A N

Yes.

Is it bad to be 25 next month and be extremely excited to buy a 3DS XL and Pokemon Y for said birthday?

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Why was NHL14 made by Pete. A 77overal Harrold is better then a 80 youngster and players develop sitting in the pressbox never playing a single game that year. Does explain why none of my pospects ever ammounted to anything in the NHL after being a 76-78 for years in the As or on the 4th line

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
is it bad to be in your mid-20s and finding Lego Marvel Superheroes incredibly fun?

Yes.

Is it bad to be 25 next month and be extremely excited to buy a 3DS XL and Pokemon Y for said birthday?

Nope, have fun with whatever you have fun with (as long as its not hurting anyone). I remember buying the original Pokemon when I was 16 and the clerk was a kid I went to high school with... He said "really?"... No shame from me. I don't still play Pokemon today but if you find it fun, who cares. Maybe I'd put that game case near the bottom of the pile and not be walking around town with my 3DS but that's just me :laugh:

Store near me is doing a deal next week. Buy 2 games and get a $40 giftcard plus they will be giving a $15 off a game coupon after purchase. So essentially buy 2 get any $60 game free. The ones to choose from are Batman: Arkham Origins, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed: Blackflag, GTA5, Saints Row and a few others. Might be too good for me to pass up. Being a Super Hero guy, I considered getting Lego as my "free" game

B A T M A N

Dear god. :laugh: Best advertising ever.

Nope, have fun with whatever you have fun with (as long as its not hurting anyone). I remember buying the original Pokemon when I was 16 and the clerk was a kid I went to high school with... He said "really?"... No shame from me. I don't still play Pokemon today but if you find it fun, who cares. Maybe I'd put that game case near the bottom of the pile and not be walking around town with my 3DS but that's just me :laugh:

Store near me is doing a deal next week. Buy 2 games and get a $40 giftcard plus they will be giving a $15 off a game coupon after purchase. So essentially buy 2 get any $60 game free. The ones to choose from are Batman: Arkham Origins, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed: Blackflag, GTA5, Saints Row and a few others. Might be too good for me to pass up. Being a Super Hero guy, I considered getting Lego as my "free" game
Oh yeah I totally agree. That's why I was making fun of myself. I don't mind playing games that some people might find embarrassing for a grown ass man to play. You were 16 when the original game came out? Damn. You must be in your 30s then huh? I was like 8. I can't wait to show off the nice Limited Edition X/Y 3DS around town actually. Every single person will know I'm catching them all. For the eight hundredth time.

That's a nice bundle, but are you sure you want SR and GTA V? along with AC4 and B:AO that is a lot of open world games. Perhaps you'd like to get another linear story game along with that? If not, nothing wrong with that. I would recommend GTA V and of course B:AO. I personally like to try my best to spread the wealth around when I get bundles, just so there is diversity. That's a good deal though.

B A T M A N

Finally jumped into NHL 14's Live the Life. I was drafted first overall by the Pittsburgh Penguins. Which is really interesting since I'm a center sniper. I may request a trade if I don't play on one of Crosby's wings. Doubt I'd be able to bump him off the first line but that would be a fun challenge.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Im loving live the life. Drafted by Philly, demanded a trade and just acted like a *****. Traded to Vancouver and now play on a line with Henrik and Daniel .

Midway through year 2, I like doing what Johnny Superbman does. Only play the 3rd period

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
just finished DLing Arkham Origins. the Batfan in me is so excited

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Had to blow up my team too many oldies getting money that the kids need. Had a flood of players from the minors hitting 80+ traded zajac teddy and haglin gor 2nd 5th and 18th in the draft Set for years

yakitate304

Crunch Time
Oct 23, 2007
NY
I've only been playing Live the Life to unlock boosts for my EASHL player. I put it on Pro, 20 minute period simulation settings which gave me a ton of time to rack up ~5-8 points per game. The "get 3 points per game, 4 games in a row" one was interesting. Game 1 of the season, I scored 2 goals on my very first shift, and put up 8 points. Game 2, I put up 6 points. Game 3, I have 2 points with 4 seconds left in the third period and then make a nice saucer pass to Landeskog, who rifles one five hole to give me my third point. Game 4, I'm shut down all game after getting an injury and somehow put up 1g3a in the last 7 minutes. That allowed me to get +7 offensive awareness and +7 wrist shot power. Pretty helpful. I'm averaging about 8 hits per game, which means I'm just under halfway to the 200 hits I need to unlock +7 body checking.

I did make an alternate save at the start of the career so that I can go back and play legitimately (on Superstar rather than Pro) if I ever want to play the mode with this player for real.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Dear god. :laugh: Best advertising ever.

Oh yeah I totally agree. That's why I was making fun of myself. I don't mind playing games that some people might find embarrassing for a grown ass man to play. You were 16 when the original game came out? Damn. You must be in your 30s then huh? I was like 8. I can't wait to show off the nice Limited Edition X/Y 3DS around town actually. Every single person will know I'm catching them all. For the eight hundredth time.

That's a nice bundle, but are you sure you want SR and GTA V? along with AC4 and B:AO that is a lot of open world games. Perhaps you'd like to get another linear story game along with that? If not, nothing wrong with that. I would recommend GTA V and of course B:AO. I personally like to try my best to spread the wealth around when I get bundles, just so there is diversity. That's a good deal though.

I think 16 was about the right age, but yea I'm 31. Before you know it you'll blink and be right here with me :laugh: I married a young wife (23 lol), so she keeps me young :P

I bought GTAV already so that wouldn't be my game. It would most likely be Batman and BF4 and then I could choose whatever game for my 3rd later down the line with new releases. I still have NHL14 I just opened yesterday, GTAV which I just beat but haven't gone back to try the Heists again and also the Last of Us that I really want to play again.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Not sure how but im stacked on D. Tried getting it stacked in2 years but failed. Goalie situation not grat but 6 years in....

Drouin 90- Reinhart 89 - Boucher 86
Pawley 85- Namestnikov 83- Erne 86
Matteau 84- Nelson 82 Brunner 80
Bell 76 - johnson 74- feser 76

Ekman-larssonn 89 - Larsson 87
Stewart 87 - Severson 87
Lindholm 85 - Gelinas 85

Dansk 85
Kapanen 81

RW 73 Card snp 4 yellow 21yo
LW 73 Klemm ply 4 green 20yo
D 70 Haley TWD 4 1/2 yellow 18yo
D 71 Marczak TWD 3 1/2 yellow 20yo

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
Here is some gameplay of my team in Ultimate Team. This guy started crying after the 1st goal. I didn't do any commentary in this one but you can hear his mic.

Please give input guys, specifically about my play because I don't think its all that good. :laugh:

First time you can hear his mic is around 3:48

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Not sure how but im stacked on D. Tried getting it stacked in2 years but failed. Goalie situation not grat but 6 years in....

Drouin 90- Reinhart 89 - Boucher 86
Pawley 85- Namestnikov 83- Erne 86
Matteau 84- Nelson 82 Brunner 80
Bell 76 - johnson 74- feser 76

Ekman-larssonn 89 - Larsson 87
Stewart 87 - Severson 87
Lindholm 85 - Gelinas 85

Dansk 85
Kapanen 81

RW 73 Card snp 4 yellow 21yo
LW 73 Klemm ply 4 green 20yo
D 70 Haley TWD 4 1/2 yellow 18yo
D 71 Marczak TWD 3 1/2 yellow 20yo

This team. as expected the 4th line got desteoyed -8 -8 and -9. However everyone else was in double digits on their +/- highest +45 +39 +38 +35 +34

B A T M A N

Here is some gameplay of my team in Ultimate Team. This guy started crying after the 1st goal. I didn't do any commentary in this one but you can hear his mic.

Please give input guys, specifically about my play because I don't think its all that good. :laugh:

LOL. I really hope you sent him a troll message. Even if you built your team by spending money on microsoft points, I don't see why that's a reason to start swearing like a little child. Good players will still compete against all-star teams. Using it as a crutch like he does is pretty sad. I think he's butthurt because it takes him two weeks to be able to afford a gold pack and the best player he can muster out of it is Stajan?

"I WON THAT FIGHT! You know without Chara I won that fight." :laugh: What a little child.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF

funny stuff haha. see it all the time

only thing id say is, when the opponent is on the rush, you tend to be overly aggressive and stepping up with your D and you end up getting burned. try collapsing your D with the rushing player to close off the option, then go for the hit when he tries to get by you

B A T M A N

His offense was really predictable too. He would often rush with the defenseman into the o-zone instead of passing it to a forward to carry it into the zone. And then when in the zone he would just go for the same ****** shot.

Talking about the opponent.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
Funny thing is, I built my team using all the pucks I got from pulling a Datsyuk 1-week into HUT someone already had 2.2 mil (shady) as all hell. Yeah I get burned way too much on defense, I always want to lay that Stevens like check haha.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Funny thing is, I built my team using all the pucks I got from pulling a Datsyuk 1-week into HUT someone already had 2.2 mil (shady) as all hell. Yeah I get burned way too much on defense, I always want to lay that Stevens like check haha.

thats exactly what I was going to describe it as, Stevens-like. unfortunately the game doesnt really support the style lol

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
LOL. I really hope you sent him a troll message. Even if you built your team by spending money on microsoft points, I don't see why that's a reason to start swearing like a little child. Good players will still compete against all-star teams. Using it as a crutch like he does is pretty sad. I think he's butthurt because it takes him two weeks to be able to afford a gold pack and the best player he can muster out of it is Stajan?

"I WON THAT FIGHT! You know without Chara I won that fight." :laugh: What a little child.

He was so adamant about it I was laughing so hard haha.

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
Lost a really frustrating one in HUT in OT to a guy playing a style that I can't imagine is good but worked really well for him in the game. His whole strategy basically consisted of using computer glitches to draw penalties, skating to the boards with the puck and stopping was remarkably effective at getting boarding called, getting way out of position and freezing got him a few interference type calls, he particularly went with controlling his goalie on dump-ins and running into my players; he ended up with 10 PP and won the game 4-3. Is this common/is this even a good idea if you only care about stats? I can imagine it might be, but I also might just have really bad self control and other people don't bite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->