OT: Video Game Thread Part IV

MountainGoat

does anyone else have Battlefield 4 on the 360 or ps3? is it just me or does the game actually look alot worse than BF3? still fun though

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
have a 22yo 95ovl D he wants 15mil. BJS offersheeted him. Dont know if i wanna make room or take the 4 picks

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
have a 22yo 95ovl D he wants 15mil. BJS offersheeted him. Dont know if i wanna make room or take the 4 picks

Well, so much for EA fixing the salary demands of young players... Overall aside EA claimed that players regardless of how good they get won't ask for an arm and a leg until they reach prime age (around 27).

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Well, so much for EA fixing the salary demands of young players... Overall aside EA claimed that players regardless of how good they get won't ask for an arm and a leg until they reach prime age (around 27).

considering im 18-19 years in and a 4th liner is asking for around 3million id say the best player in the league asking for around the same as the other top end talent isnt unheard of.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If you only knew....

I'm actually kind of afraid to post this and be laughed at :laugh:

Shots from inside my hangar. This doesn't include the ships that aren't in-engine yet that I have pledged for. (Cutlass, though the statue is there, Caterpillar, Retaliator, Starfarer)

ScreenShot0015.jpg

ScreenShot0016.jpg

Screenshot%202013-11-03%2018.44.57.jpg

And then there's this....I am weak when it comes to Chris Roberts. :cry:

Screenshot%202013-11-03%2018.45.15.jpg

Is this the new space MMO that is going to be more twitch based (unlike EVE)?

DevilzFan

PS3 GM Conn. Oilers
Feb 4, 2010
Jersey
www.cobraisland.com
Is this the new space MMO that is going to be more twitch based (unlike EVE)?

Basically yes. It will have single player campaigns, and it will be a non-subscription MMO/persistent universe.. Pay once, play for the life of the game. Right now there are packages you can buy to help support development of the game. This is the type of game you're going to want a HOTAS for. (Hands On Throttle and Stick) It's an actual Space Sim.

It's made by Chris Roberts (Wing Commander series, Starlancer, Freelancer).

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Basically yes. It will have single player campaigns, and it will be a non-subscription MMO/persistent universe.. Pay once, play for the life of the game. Right now there are packages you can buy to help support development of the game. This is the type of game you're going to want a HOTAS for. (Hands On Throttle and Stick) It's an actual Space Sim.

It's made by Chris Roberts (Wing Commander series, Starlancer, Freelancer).

Oh my sweet baby jesus YES!!!!! I need a new rig and a joy stick set up, but this sounds like the game I've been dreaming of for YEARS!!!

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Wow! I haven't made it past year 8 yet.

Yeah i forcing myself to finish all 25 years. I usually quit by now because its no fun playing with no name talent.

Live the life AI sucks. On rookie you just skate on by and your teammates are competent but on higher dificulties your team is just out there to annoy you. Wont skate being the worst along with the annoying stop skating/ start skating towards you to get a pass you made to them on a breakout. Why cant i get superstar teammates on superstar and idiots on rookie

Edit: im talking about when playing D. i can dangles and jangles at forward on superstar with no problems

Last edited:

DevilzFan

PS3 GM Conn. Oilers
Feb 4, 2010
Jersey
www.cobraisland.com
Oh my sweet baby jesus YES!!!!! I need a new rig and a joy stick set up, but this sounds like the game I've been dreaming of for YEARS!!!

Funding just hit the $26 million mark over the weekend. The game was "fully funded" at $23 million. All the extra cash now is going towards adding in more things, fleshing out other things, etc. It's been quite a journey so far (my first pledge was over a year ago) that I can't wait to see come to fruition.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
Yeah i forcing myself to finish all 25 years. I usually quit by now because its no fun playing with no name talent.

Live the life AI sucks. On rookie you just skate on by and your teammates are competent but on higher dificulties your team is just out there to annoy you. Wont skate being the worst along with the annoying stop skating/ start skating towards you to get a pass you made to them on a breakout. Why cant i get superstar teammates on superstar and idiots on rookie

Edit: im talking about when playing D. i can dangles and jangles at forward on superstar with no problems

Live The Life is a huge flop IMO. EA could have done so much more with it.

yakitate304

Crunch Time
Oct 23, 2007
NY
Live The Life is a huge flop IMO. EA could have done so much more with it.

I'm only playing it for 2 seasons on Pro difficulty to unlock the EASHL player boosts. Since it's so easy, I had about 105 goals and 230 points in my rookie year, winning the Hart, Art Ross, Richard, Lindsey, Conn Smythe, and the Cup. I wish there was more variety in the way the game "simulates" living the life aside from canned interview questions after every game, and endorsements that do nothing. I'm guessing that you're not involved in contract negotiations either, although I don't care since I'm not going to get to that point.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I'm only playing it for 2 seasons on Pro difficulty to unlock the EASHL player boosts. Since it's so easy, I had about 105 goals and 230 points in my rookie year, winning the Hart, Art Ross, Richard, Lindsey, Conn Smythe, and the Cup. I wish there was more variety in the way the game "simulates" living the life aside from canned interview questions after every game, and endorsements that do nothing. I'm guessing that you're not involved in contract negotiations either, although I don't care since I'm not going to get to that point.

Nope you get Zero contract negotiations.

July 1st you get X amount of offers from the teams and you have to take one

B A T M A N

And apparently it can be ANY used game. As long as it's for the 360, PS3, Wii U or 3DS. Doesn't matter how old it is, as long as it works. Sports games!!!

I'm gonna try my luck and line up before the store opens and see what happens. Probably a waste a time, but **** I have a Best Buy right next to my Futureshop so I may as well try both and see if I can get at least one game.

B A T M A N

Just got back from Future Shop and Best Buy.

sjKMJWB.jpg

tJa4yz7.jpg

cCQVNgS.jpg

Arrived at Future Shop an hour before it opened (9:00am). Got out with my copy of AC IV in exchange for NBA 2K11 at 10:43am. Then I had to wait in line at Best Buy for a very long time. But there were still games at Best Buy. Futureshop ran out literally so fast. Got Battlefield 4 from Best Buy in exchange for Crackdown.

What. A. ****ing Deal.

B A T M A N

This is the only good deal we got that Americans didn't! This puts us on the map for once. xD

Me either. Everybody I spoke to in lines were equally confused. They're going to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars. The ONLY thing I can think they're doing this is because they want people to come back to them, trade in these games to upgrade to the PS4/X1 version of the game for $10. But even still... some people would have bought those games for $60 anyway... so, you're still losing way more profit than you can make.

Whatever. I'm happy. PRAISE BB and FS for doing something good for once. I went on a whim and made out like a bandit. Happy day.

B A T M A N

BYpqLLVIcAAV7jM.jpg:large

Oh god. This is boxing day bad. I'm glad my location was no where near that bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad