Player Discussion Victor Olofsson (2014, 181st) – '18-19: Rochester #12 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Turned the game off after goal 5, but I'm looking forward to the highlight. He has looked smart and solid so far, while generating a good number of shots.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
He reminds me a lot of Mike Hoffman shooting, for some reason goalies don't read the shot off his stick going where it goes or being as hard as it is.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
He is much faster then i expected. He doesn't look out of place at all, physically and mentally.

Thx Botts, for keeping Tage up and Olofsson down, you did the complete opposite of what should've been done.

Edit: I would've started him in Rochester, but they should have definitely tried him in the big league much much earlier.

Tage being sent down after the season was lost, even later then that, and him coming up this late and having to play with that tire fire, is a disgrace and a slap in the face of VO and anyone whose hockey mind is still functioning.

Last edited:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Does VO follow Foligno and Mittelstadt with a very productive short stint at the end of a season and fail to produce next year or is he a legit top 6 guy as a first time full timer?

I am optimistic he can be a 15-20 goal player if Eichel is centering him. It would go a long way for us if he is a 20+ goal scorer right off the bat. This team still only has 3 legit top 6 forwards. If Skinner stays adding a 4th 20+ goal scorer would be ideal.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Does VO follow Foligno and Mittelstadt with a very productive short stint at the end of a season and fail to produce next year or is he a legit top 6 guy as a first time full timer?

I am optimistic he can be a 15-20 goal player if Eichel is centering him. It would go a long way for us if he is a 20+ goal scorer right off the bat. This team still only has 3 legit top 6 forwards. If Skinner stays adding a 4th 20+ goal scorer would be ideal.

I think you need to step away from Sabres hockey and the computer for a bit.

Foligno was a mid-rounder who exceeded expectations. He got put on a scoring line and did things no one thought he could.

Mittelstadt is one year removed from being everyone's top prospect and the WJC MVP. He's a rookie. He hit the wall weeks ago.

Olofsson is older and played professionally prior to this season. He's also been in Rochester all year, and proven he's a goal scorer in back to back years in the SHL and AHL.

HUGE differences in those three players.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

If he plays with Eichel or another offensive line he will be fine.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
The thing I like about Olofsson is that Jack seems to really like him and it seems genuine. I would like to see Nylander on the line with them for the last few games.
He seems to me to really try getting those guys good looks when he's on the ice with them. Some combination of having new toys to play with and trying to get them confident at the NHL level.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
He seems to me to really try getting those guys good looks when he's on the ice with them. Some combination of having new toys to play with and trying to get them confident at the NHL level.
You noticed that too. I want to have something positive to take from this season.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010

If he does nothing else, I think his shot alone on the PP will carve out a nice career for himself. I’ve been saying it for months, he fills a huge need for us on PP1, a legit scoring threat on the right side opposite of Eichel.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES

Lets hope ANY winger Eichel is slotted with for an entire year has more than 15-20 goals. 25+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad