Player Discussion Victor Olofsson (2014, 181st) – '18-19: Rochester #12 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Since we're busy dissecting other videos in this series:

giphy.gif

J/K, I truly appreciate it when these late-round/undrafted players succeed. I hope he turns into Buffalo's version of Zetterberg (but with more gooooaaaals) :)
Cheers

Edit:Being a dumb ass for not embedding gif correctly

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-1_14-8-8.jpeg
    upload_2019-10-1_14-8-8.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Is he a much better forward than pilut is a defenseman?

Similar age.
Similar AHL production last year.

Nedo801

Jul 13, 2017
Seeing them both in SHL I would say no, if you look at pure talent.

However, Piluts size and playstyle probably suite SHL better then NHL.

edit: Missed the quote there answering EXTRAS

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Assuming Goalofsson puts up 20-29 goals this year and that a 2 year deal still leaves him a RFA I would be happy with a 2 year bridge @ 3.5 mil per. Then we can extend him for that 7-8 years. As much as we want to get him signed for 8 years next summer at a team friendly contract you can't force a player to sign a deal. VO likely does not want a long term deal right away anyway he will pull a Sam and push for a bridge so he can bet on himself to earn a big time deal.

That being said if Olofsson becomes a Skinner type player I would be ecstatic getting him for 8 years at 6-7 mil per. I think VO is going to be a 35-25-60 type player which should help us during negotiations. He likely doesn't rack up the assists necessary to be a 70+ point player but even if he is a 30-20 player that is still a high end goal scorer

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Assuming Goalofsson puts up 20-29 goals this year and that a 2 year deal still leaves him a RFA I would be happy with a 2 year bridge @ 3.5 mil per. Then we can extend him for that 7-8 years. As much as we want to get him signed for 8 years next summer at a team friendly contract you can't force a player to sign a deal. VO likely does not want a long term deal right away anyway he will pull a Sam and push for a bridge so he can bet on himself to earn a big time deal.

That being said if Olofsson becomes a Skinner type player I would be ecstatic getting him for 8 years at 6-7 mil per. I think VO is going to be a 35-25-60 type player which should help us during negotiations. He likely doesn't rack up the assists necessary to be a 70+ point player but even if he is a 30-20 player that is still a high end goal scorer

Is goal/assist ratio has been wierd.

It was even, even, twice as many assists, then twice as many goals, then even again.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I think he's gonna be my next jersey purchase, the 68 looks so sick.

I have been most impressed by his effort away from the puck, as well as his willingness to fight for it.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
To be heard VERY SOON around league.

“That Olofsson on Buffalo is 24 and should not be considered a rookie of the year candidate.”

Who would like to take bets these words will be widespread in 2020?
I could careless if he gets the Calder or not, and I’m sure he could careless either.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I think he's gonna be my next jersey purchase, the 68 looks so sick.

I have been most impressed by his effort away from the puck, as well as his willingness to fight for it.

He's right behind Dahlin and Reinhart for my next jersey purchase. Not getting those until next year though.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I'd like to see an arviddson style long term deal.

He plays at speed, his all around game is sufficient to function on a top six line and that cannon will keep him safely in the nhl for several years.

If I was Botts, try to lure him with a big total in cash, but low cap. Like 4-5 years at 4 a year. Take a risk.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Yeah I'm thinking I'll wait for royal blue to come back before I buy another sweater. Those 50th anniversary jerseys are slick, though.
Couple days ago a guy had a new Dahlin size 50 for $150. It looked legit, and he's sold tons of authentic pucks/cards. It was just a little too small for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->