Player Discussion Victor Olofsson (2014, 181st) – '18-19: Rochester #12 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Housley knows where to position Olofsson and his shot on the PP1 right?!!!

Edit: Almost forgot Dahlin and Olofsson we’re teammates last year and worked the PP together.

Reactions: SwedeDreams

SwedeDreams

Oct 15, 2018

Edit: Almost forgot Dahlin and Olofsson we’re teammates last year and worked the PP together.
Are we sure Housley knows how to use VO? As a one timer shooter in powerplay. He scores goals there even in nhl

Reactions: Mitts888

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

I don't think Dahlin played much, if any, PP time last year.

SwedeDreams

Oct 15, 2018
I second anyone that's said just let VO be successful for a few games then go back down healthy and confident for the AHL playoffs.

Also... please play him in a position, and with good players that can set him up, to tee off shots.

That isn't too much to ask, right?
Sobotka Thompson and no powerplay ?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I second anyone that's said just let VO be successful for a few games then go back down healthy and confident for the AHL playoffs.

Also... please play him in a position, and with good players that can set him up, to tee off shots.

That isn't too much to ask, right?

I'd love to see him get a look with with both of Jack and Casey as his center, which means Sheary would get Sobotka duty (which sounds like the name for a military punishment). See if there is some synergy with an offensive center, don't let him wallow with the Slouch.

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
If Phil put Nylander on PP1, I don't see why he wouldn't try Oloffsson there opposite Eichel. Of course, Alex had to score first on a line with Vlad Sobotka to be given that opportunity.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Frölunda supporter here, I can confirm this. Dahlin was stapled on PP2 and we're still trying to figure out why.
You've seen what Olofsson can do in PP already with Rochester, so I don't think I have to tell you about that.
Let's just hope stupid Housefly has seen it. inb4 OKposo has VO's spot.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Poor Nylander. All his good efforts, and he's rewarded with skating next to Sobotka. I'd rather see:
Olofsson - Eichel - Nylander
Skinner - Mittelstadt - Reinhart
Girgs - Larsson - Okposo
Sheary - Sobotka - Pominville (just put all the garbage together on one line)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad