Player Discussion Victor Olofsson (2014, 181st) – '18-19: Rochester #12 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Not a surprise to see him start hitting twine; his shot really jumped out at rookie camp last year among his peers.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@SabresProspects -

SHL Qualifier - Victor Olofsson has a goal and Gustav Possler has a helper as MODO leads Leksands IF 2-0 at the end of the 1st Period.

SHL Qualifier - Victor Olofsson nets a pair of goals plus an assist and Gustav Possler gets a PPG and an assist as MODO defeats Leksands IF 5-0.

Last edited:

jn

May 12, 2006
Would like to see the kid make the jump to Rochester next year.

Today he signed a two year contract with Frölunda so it seems he plans to stay in SHL at least one more year. He is moving from a relegation battle to one of the best clubs.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Today he signed a two year contract with Frölunda so it seems he plans to stay in SHL at least one more year. He is moving from a relegation battle to one of the best clubs.

So now I have to explain to the people in this cafe I'm in why I just let out a "**** yeah!".

Frölunda... second best record this year in the SHL. That's a great place to see how Viktor handles more meaningful games even if he may have a smaller role. Exciting news.

jn

May 12, 2006
Just scored a nice goal to give MoDo a 2-1 lead in game 7 vs Leksand.

jn

May 12, 2006
And now he scored his second of the night, 3-1 after a great 2-on-1.

jn

May 12, 2006
MoDo lost in overtime, have no idea how that happened. Based on the play MoDo should have won that with like five goals but Leksand never gave up despite being outplayed, outchanced and outshot badly. Sort of like a Ted Nolan win last year.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Someone fill me in on how it works for retaining his rights before he's a UFA? Unsure on what the agreements are with Sweden leagues and the similarities to say kids coming out of college.

His game's slick.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Players drafted out of Europe under the current CBA have their rights held for four years. So Olofsson's rights are held through June 1, 2018, having been drafted in 2014.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
They can sign him and loan him back right? So it doesn't have to be about him coming over if they are happy with him developing over there. That's a good league he's in.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Olofsson was rumored to be jumping to a better SHL team earlier in the year (Possler too), so the relegation to Allsvenskan for Modo probably seals that transfer if he doesn't come over to NA yet.

Forsberg sure as hell wasn't happy with blowing a 3-1 lead:

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Players drafted out of Europe under the current CBA have their rights held for four years. So Olofsson's rights are held through June 1, 2018, having been drafted in 2014.

Ok thanks. So his new 2 year deal will take him right up to the couple months prior to June. 1, 2018.

Works for me. Layer all these kids out, ones ready to contribute..one wants to too much money for our structure.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Yes, he could be signed and loaned back to a European club. Linus Ullmark was signed and loaned back to MODO just last season. Of course, in Ullmark's case, he was drafted under the previous CBA which meant his rights were only held for two years. With the longer window under the current CBA, there's less reason to sign and loan a player to Europe (especially for players, like Olofsson, whose contracts cannot slide).

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
Olofsson was rumored to be jumping to a better SHL team earlier in the year (Possler too), so the relegation to Allsvenskan for Modo probably seals that transfer if he doesn't come over to NA yet.

Forsberg sure as hell wasn't happy with blowing a 3-1 lead:

He signed a two-year deal with Frölunda last week, it's still possible that he'll come over to NA of course but it seems unlikely at this point. I'd actually prefer having him play in Rochester next year (with an outside shot at making the big club) over keeping him in the SHL for another season, but wanting to see how he does on one of the SHL's top teams before bringing him over certainly isn't a bad idea either.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Pretty crazy. I'd ask how you play 9 other forwards more than your leading scorer...but now I don't have to wonder how they ended up relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad