Player Discussion Victor Olofsson (2014, 181st) – '18-19: Rochester #12 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Inspired by the Reinhart thread, RinkNet has him at 5'10.5'' 157, so an 8cm increase on the MODO and SIHA listings but no increase in weight.

I bet the team manually corrected the height and left the weight because they were unsure.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Impressive stat line, for someone unfamiliar with scouting why was he only a 7th round risk pick?

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Olofsson talks about the prospect camp. Some comments about Ullmark too.Hope the google translate isn't to bad.

http://translate.google.com/transla...ishockey/shl/modotalangen-om-veckan-i-buffalo

Translation was pretty good, thanks.

I liked this:

To Örnsköldsvik is a hockey town know most. The Buffalo breathe hockey, it is however not as many people know. When it was served inter match early in the week became Olofsson completely shocked.
- That was sick. There were nearly 9000 people on site. I think it was really impressive and fun to so many fans came to the stadium. It was extra psyched by it.

Well, of course Örnsköldsvik is a hockey town. Goes without saying. ;P

LaFontaineToMogilny

Jul 16, 2013
Olofsson talks about the prospect camp. Some comments about Ullmark too.Hope the google translate isn't to bad.

http://translate.google.com/transla...ishockey/shl/modotalangen-om-veckan-i-buffalo

Great read, and the translation does it's job. Only little thing that might be messed up is when Google says they went out after an hour at the hotel every day in dev camp, that's not what he said. Basically, he says by the end of each practice day they were spent; it was a case of getting back and staying awake for an hour before falling asleep (for linguistics: translated as went out bacause he used the term for when a light goes out to illustrate how quickly he would fall a sleep.).

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
Great read, and the translation does it's job. Only little thing that might be messed up is when Google says they went out after an hour at the hotel every day in dev camp, that's not what he said. Basically, he says by the end of each practice day they were spent; it was a case of getting back and staying awake for an hour before falling asleep (for linguistics: translated as went out bacause he used the term for when a light goes out to illustrate how quickly he would fall a sleep.).

When he talks about Reinhart, it sounded like he was saying he didn't think he seemed that great. Am I interpreting that part correctly?

LaFontaineToMogilny

Jul 16, 2013
When he talks about Reinhart, it sounded like he was saying he didn't think he seemed that great. Am I interpreting that part correctly?

He said he didn't stand out to him, but they didn't play on the same team so he din't see him play much. Then he goes on to mention how camp was stocked with many very. very good players, so he did notice at least some players on the ice. If I remember correctly he says something along the lines of ... To be honest I have no idea how good Reinhart is, I didn't get to see him play

All in all, I guess it reinforces the common conception that Reinhart wasn't head and shoulders above everyone else in camp and didn't stand out either way.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
I meant "draft picks" in terms of prospects recently drafted.

You think Detroit fans are staying up at night thinking about Alexander Kadeikin?

I meant in regards to Detroit's success in late rounds (Zetterberg, Datsyuk, etc), so if i were a wings fan my expectations would certainly be more lofty

And Olofsson (player in question/Moskau's dreams) is just as recently drafted as Kadeykin

It was more of a joke anyway

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.sabresprospects.com/2014/07/development-camp-wrap.html

- It's often not too difficult to get behind a late-round pick, but it looks like Victor Olofsson is going to be the biggest sleeper in the prospect ranks. Good changes of speed with the puck and an ability to quickly elevate it from in tight. He worked hard this week. The Sabres can sit on him for a few years, but long term sniper potential is plain and clear with this kid. - See more at: http://www.sabresprospects.com/2014/07/development-camp-wrap.html#sthash.CswWbNAD.dpuf

Bakes liked him.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I meant in regards to Detroit's success in late rounds (Zetterberg, Datsyuk, etc), so if i were a wings fan my expectations would certainly be more lofty

I know what you meant.

And Olofsson (player in question/Moskau's dreams) is just as recently drafted as Kadeykin

That was my point.

It was more of a joke anyway

My first comment was joking as well.

The average sports fan in America doesn't pay much attention to the NHL, and even among hockey fans, most don't pay much attention to the Draft, and even among those who do, they mostly just want to know who their team's first-round pick is.

It takes a true Buffalo die-hard to be having dreams in the middle of the off-season about a 7th-rounder who will most likely never play an NHL game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad