Player Discussion Victor Olofsson (2014, 181st) – '18-19: Rochester #12 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jn

May 12, 2006
He's having a good playoffs, 1+1 today and 8 points in 9 games.

jn

May 12, 2006
He's really good on the power play, good vision and quick passes. And his shot is also dangerous. Five on five he isn't always so noticable.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I've liked him for a while. Left handed shot who plays RW. Seems like a perfect fit for Eichel in the future.

Yup, the kind of guy that could fill some holes eventually. Doesn't need to be a driver, just be in the right places and let one of our centers feed him.

Castrophy

Feb 26, 2015
Oswego, NY
I've been high on him for a while now. He's really starting to heat up in the playoffs. he's 3-3-6 in the last 4 games. Hopefully TM brings him over this summer so he can play in Rochester next year and try to earn a call up there. No guarantees he ever makes the NHL but as we have all seen his shot is lethal and is easily NHL caliber right now.

jn

May 12, 2006
Half of game three played and three assists from Victor so far.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@SabresProspects - Less than a couple of hours hours away from SHL semifinal Game 7 between Frölunda and Brynäs.
Will Victor Olofsson (13 GP - 4-8-12 in playoffs) be the hero again?

Last edited:

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Is there any chance he plays here soon. It seems like he's had some good years recently.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Is there any chance he plays here soon. It seems like he's had some good years recently.

Rumor is he is staying to finish his contract in Sweden for next season.

I have been wondering about him and signing him.

his rights expire 6/1 next year.

I would still sign him to a contract then loan him his team like what buffalo did with Ullmark--then they have him under contract.

KBstyle

Aug 3, 2005
How he's doing at development camp, nobody talk about him anymore. Other prospect surpassed him?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
How he's doing at development camp, nobody talk about him anymore. Other prospect surpassed him?

Good question - some of our more regular Dev Camp reporting posters haven't been there so there hasn't been much of any discussion beyond "hey, that guy is fast".

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

its a case of Shinny High Impact Toy Syndrome

folks focus on new kids that aren't seen before.

Personally I want him signed then loaned back to his team in Sweden.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I think he could really be one of our most underrated prospects.

He has produced relatively well in a good professional league and I think could be a strong winger. I don't think he's as far behind Bailey/Baptiste/Fasching as people think.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I think he could really be one of our most underrated prospects.

He has produced relatively well in a good professional league and I think could be a strong winger. I don't think he's as far behind Bailey/Baptiste/Fasching as people think.

The question like Possler is if he ever is truly going to leave Europe and come over. I thought his signing eligibility was up with Possler, but that's good. Hopefully he'll have a conversation with Botterill. We never want to lose assets for free.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
The question like Possler is if he ever is truly going to leave Europe and come over. I thought his signing eligibility was up with Possler, but that's good. Hopefully he'll have a conversation with Botterill. We never want to lose assets for free.

I think the thing with Possler is he wasn't even coming to the Development Camps anymore plus he had some injury issues to the point I'm not sure he is even a big loss, other that the hope he'd be a steal. Olofsson is here every year and he always impresses in camp. Hopefully Botts can get him signed and in Rochester - I think it's about time he came over after this next year in Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad