Player Discussion Victor Mete

The best thing to do for his development?

• Bring him to London

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Bring him back with the first team

Votes: 25 51.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Was he playing with Weber before he was sent down ;)

Jokes, he's playing well. I think the offense will be coming at some point. Probably not this year. Perhaps next year or the year after.

He's bound to break out a little but later. I don't see tremendous offensive upside in him but he'll easily make over 20 points a season. The question is will he make 30+, 40+? I'm unsure. 30+ is certainly possible but 40+ is hard when you have no threat of a shot. Players will always cheat when he's on the ice for a PP or whatever, they don't see his shot as a threat at all.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
He's bound to break out a little but later. I don't see tremendous offensive upside in him but he'll easily make over 20 points a season. The question is will he make 30+, 40+? I'm unsure. 30+ is certainly possible but 40+ is hard when you have no threat of a shot. Players will always cheat when he's on the ice for a PP or whatever, they don't see his shot as a threat at all.
He will adapt and attack the net a lot closer and score goals that way.
Hes been adapting his whole life. I have no worries about Mete's offense. A 35-45 point player imo, mainly assists but some goals.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He will adapt and attack the net a lot closer and score goals that way.
Hes been adapting his whole life. I have no worries about Mete's offense. A 35-45 point player imo, mainly assists but some goals.

Yeah a lot of sneaky back door goals a la Markov I reckon. I think he's gonna be a real beauty. Big piece of our future.

Really like our future on the back end. Out of the 5 'prospects' (Brook, Mete, Romanov, Fleury, Juulsen) I think Juulsen might be the 'worst' hahaha. That's not bad at all.

Reactions: dralaf

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Yeah a lot of sneaky back door goals a la Markov I reckon. I think he's gonna be a real beauty. Big piece of our future.

Really like our future on the back end. Out of the 5 'prospects' (Brook, Mete, Romanov, Fleury, Juulsen) I think Juulsen might be the 'worst' hahaha. That's not bad at all.
If we can solidify that with a top prospect like Byram, a LD, we might have the best upcoming D core of the NHL.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
I'm convinced that if he didn't have that goal waived off back in October he would have like 8 goals by now. He gets qualify opportunities on a nightly basis. The only thing holding him back is quite clearly a curse

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
If we can solidify that with a top prospect like Byram, a LD, we might have the best upcoming D core of the NHL.
I've been hoping for Byram for a while, but what sucks is he keeps getting better, raising his stock and we keep winning. I can't see him being around when we pick this summer.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
I'm convinced that if he didn't have that goal waived off back in October he would have like 8 goals by now. He gets qualify opportunities on a nightly basis. The only thing holding him back is quite clearly a curse
or his pee-wee shot. He really need to work on his shot this off season. So many occasions where he just cant put enough to be goaltenders with his. He even the difficulty to lift the puck all of his shot being downlow with no power. 0 chances to score. Thats the only thing that hold him back from being an effective defender. The skating is there,the IQ, the will, the pass but he really lack of strength in general ( in his shit,in his 1vs1).
Hes gonna get just fine with time we have to be patient.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I'm not sure why he's even here with his AHL shot. Hey bud, a little tip for you, try and lift the puck off the ice after the 15th time you have missed an open net by not raising it. Can he raise the puck? Oh, he's fast, thats what they keep feeding the fans after ever blown opportunity.

Frustrating to watch him play.

Reactions: Habs4Life

ginomini

May 25, 2014
I'm not sure why he's even here with his AHL shot. Hey bud, a little tip for you, try and lift the puck off the ice after the 15th time you have missed an open net by not raising it. Can he raise the puck? Oh, he's fast, thats what they keep feeding the fans after ever blown opportunity.

Frustrating to watch him play.

So you think his shot would get better more quickly if he played in the AHL ?

Seriously watch the player he's really good defensively and his NOT and never will be an offensive dman. he does not need a could shot. (tho a better one would surely make him a more dangerous offensive threat)

Reactions: Fixxer

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
One of the reasons he's not scoring because its always the same old low velocity shot. He needs to elevate those shots a bit so they don't hit the goalies pad everytime! Last night was a perfect example on the one opportunity. If he would have just got the puck up a bit more it would have been a goal.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
So you think his shot would get better more quickly if he played in the AHL ?

Seriously watch the player he's really good defensively and his NOT and never will be an offensive dman. he does not need a could shot. (tho a better one would surely make him a more dangerous offensive threat)

No I think his game is AHL material, nothing more. He doesn't do anything that well, besides skate. NHL dmen need to have more tools than to skate. His shot stinks, he is often pushed off the puck, his passes are suspect, and his shot is awful.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
No I think his game is AHL material, nothing more. He doesn't do anything that well, besides skate. NHL dmen need to have more tools than to skate. His shot stinks, he is often pushed off the puck, his passes are suspect, and his shot is awful.

So far I agree, he needs more seasoning in the AHL. I thought Juulsen played better.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is this real -- Mete is 7th all time for not scoring a goal relative to games played:

zSGLhWK.png

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
I do think Juulsen is better than Mete, but youre way off on your evaluation of Mete. Hes solid defensively and he fuels the rush, thats valuable.

Mete and Juulsen are getting underrwted hard.

You can't refute how often he is knocked off the puck, its a common occurrence, as common as Danault or Leks taking a stupid penalty. Yes he can skate the puck out of the defensive zone, that's his one ability, but not singular to him alone. Is that enough to keep him here? Reilly is just as bad btw, he's awful out there, even with his little goal last night.

Reactions: Habs4Life

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You can't refute how often he is knocked off the puck, its a common occurrence, as common as Danault or Leks taking a stupid penalty. Yes he can skate the puck out of the defensive zone, that's his one ability, but not singular to him alone. Is that enough to keep him here? Reilly is just as bad btw, he's awful out there, even with his little goal last night.
Rielly blows his coverage on a play by play basis. You cant say the same for Mete. Mete is not perfect at all, hes 20 and slight, but hes doing good.

Theres a reason why he misses so many chances, and thats because the puck gets to the good area. Thats the sign of a good player.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Juulsen is 2x the dman Mete is, and he can raise the puck when he shoots.

I like both when they are playing their style of games effectively. Issue is consistency. The only issue I have with Mete is lack of strength and how he looks in a 7 game playoff war. Juulsen plays a completely different game

Reactions: Habs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Rielly blows his coverage on a play by play basis. You cant say the same for Mete. Mete is not perfect at all, hes 20 and slight, but hes doing good.

Theres a reason why he misses so many chances, and thats because the puck gets to the good area. Thats the sign of a good player.

Agreed. When Mete is playing his game, he brings a lot to the table. Keep it up is all I will say! Romanov is coming in 1 or 2 years so you better plant yourself in a top 4D role. Stay hungry to get better!

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Mete did score a goal at the beginning of the season, but it was cancelled for some reasons after video review. Must be frustrating for him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna