Player Discussion Victor Mete

The best thing to do for his development?

• Bring him to London

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Bring him back with the first team

Votes: 25 51.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Mete did score a goal at the beginning of the season, but it was cancelled for some reasons after video review. Must be frustrating for him :)

Shaw was in the crease, I remember. I'm not sure if he'll ever make the leap to a well rounded dman. I hope he doesn't look to Reilly and Benn for role models

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
You can't refute how often he is knocked off the puck, its a common occurrence, as common as Danault or Leks taking a stupid penalty. Yes he can skate the puck out of the defensive zone, that's his one ability, but not singular to him alone. Is that enough to keep him here? Reilly is just as bad btw, he's awful out there, even with his little goal last night.

How old is he?

Yeah

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wow, some elite company there. Valabik....Eakins... Dwyer, and who can forget Matt Smaby

That's exactly the point. It's gotten so bad that the type of company he's with, is of the most obscure quality.

Six to fourth all time slots, are within reach.

zSGLhWK.png

Not surprising is how 8 out of the 10 are Ds.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Legenday 1st round pick and future sympathetic Hab waiver wire pick-up ( :sarcasm: ) Haydn Fleury is hot on Mete’s heels with 0 goals in 79 GP.
A high first round pick who can’t seem to adjust to the NHL. It will be interesting if younger brother Cale does better

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Well he faced off against the best player in the league yesterday and looked pretty solid out there. Another good game for him. Not sure the Habs take it if Lucics hit took Mete out.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Well he faced off against the best player in the league yesterday and looked pretty solid out there. Another good game for him. Not sure the Habs take it if Lucics hit took Mete out.
He must have had a stiff neck this morning...

Reactions: DangerDave

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He did really good in "containing" McDavid. He's the only D that could keep up with him. If only Mete was a few inches bigger he would dominate people defensively.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
The fun think about Mete is that he's dynamic like a young player (still looks like a junior kid at times) BUT he is learning and maturing. I also guess Joël Bouchard gave him a few tips on the defensive end and since he's back in Montreal, he rocks! Very mobile!!

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Kid's first year of not being junior eligible playing on a top pairing and like 70% are meh on him. Blows my mind. Really don't know what more does this kid have to do. Sure he could score but people acting like that's the be all and end all. He has a pretty damn bright future ahead of him. Kid's skating is absolutely incredible. Can still get stronger. It's not so self evident to me that Romanov will be better. Romanov could be better but fans really treat Victor like he's chopped liver. It's so goofy.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think with the fans here and Mete, they look at him and say for us to be a contender, we can't have a guy like Mete on the top pairing. He's on pace for 14 pts, clearly it was a good pick by Timmins to find such a great skater that fits today's NHL so well, and Weber helps him overcome his lack of size/strength but imo he is more of a 2nd pairing D and that's if he improves his offensive game or the Habs somehow find a way to have a major injection of talent upfront in terms of points producers.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
He may never score a goal in his NHL career :sarcasm:, but he's good and still so young. Unlike other small d-mans, he's a defense first player, if he add some pounds, he will be even better at winning corner battles.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Didn't see that elsewhere, that's something else, the kind of situation I hope will happen the 'right way' in the near future, kids growing together in the team.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Kid's first year of not being junior eligible playing on a top pairing and like 70% are meh on him. Blows my mind. Really don't know what more does this kid have to do. Sure he could score but people acting like that's the be all and end all. He has a pretty damn bright future ahead of him. Kid's skating is absolutely incredible. Can still get stronger. It's not so self evident to me that Romanov will be better. Romanov could be better but fans really treat Victor like he's chopped liver. It's so goofy.
look around the league, D who can play defensively and bring zero offense, you have on every single team, usually on 2nd or 3rd pair...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad