Player Discussion Victor Mete

The best thing to do for his development?

• Bring him to London

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Bring him back with the first team

Votes: 25 51.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I think we could finish the season with him and Weber as our first pair and be alright. If we don't get a top-4 D through trade, I wouldn't be mad at all.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I think we could finish the season with him and Weber as our first pair and be alright. If we don't get a top-4 D through trade, I wouldn't be mad at all.

Reilly and Kulak have also quietly both been playing quality minutes lately, they still make some mistakes but overall they have been solid. A top 4 LHD would be a major help, however given the price it would take to get one I'd rather just go with what we've got.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Reilly and Kulak have also quietly both been playing quality minutes lately, they still make some mistakes but overall they have been solid. A top 4 LHD would be a major help, however given the price it would take to get one I'd rather just go with what we've got.

I think Reilly still has potential. Especially when he turns on the jets, such as Drouin did yesterday. However, he's making lots of tiny mistakes and is inconsistent, but I think we can live with that for the moment. I think the staff is trying to simplify his game, they're trying to find a way for him to utilise his speed without getting exposed, which means that for now he uses his speed far less than before but also makes fewer mistakes.

Kulak seems like a very solid #5-6 D. He doesn't make the mistakes that Reilly makes, has a good first pass and is physical enough. I'm not as sure about Reilly's future with the Habs, I think he could be replaced by others guys with speed and skills (Brooks, Romanov), but I think Kulak may play here for quite some time.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm sorry but he looks better than PK did at the same age. Not saying he'll be as good but I can't believe how underrated he is. No way I think Juulsen's the better young player. He's like a 4th forward out there. Best is yet to come. If he works on his shot than he's a first pairing D no question. Even without it he creates so much.

don't agree as Subban looked great at 20 in the AHL, he had one of the best seasons any Hab prospect has had in modern era.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Reilly is frustrating to watch. He has similar skills and attributes as Petry but can’t put it together. Makes too many mistakes.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
don't agree as Subban looked great at 20 in the AHL, he had one of the best seasons any Hab prospect has had in modern era.

This is where Mete's overachieving hurts him like I've mentioned before. Instead of being in the AHL like PK was, he's in the NHL playing on a top pairing on a good team. Mete would've very well have put up very similar numbers to PK.

Now there are other variables at play why Mete's on the top pairing and having Weber really helps but what Mete was doing last night is what PK did in his first full year, he wouldn't have been able to do that stuff had he been in the NHL instead of in the AHL. Mete was unreal last night in my eyes.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
This is where Mete's overachieving hurts him like I've mentioned before. Instead of being in the AHL like PK was, he's in the NHL playing on a top pairing on a good team. Mete would've very well have put up very similar numbers to PK.

Now there are other variables at play why Mete's on the top pairing and having Weber really helps but what Mete was doing last night is what PK did in his first full year, he wouldn't have been able to do that stuff had he been in the NHL instead of in the AHL. Mete was unreal last night in my eyes.

I would bet everything I own that Mete wouldn't come close to the 18 goals and 53 pts that Subban had in the AHL at 20.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I would bet everything I own that Mete wouldn't come close to the 18 goals and 53 pts that Subban had in the AHL at 20.

goals? No but I don't know maybe close to 10. Points? I don't see why he couldn't get close to that. 4 pts in 7 games. Probably would have just gotten better and better.

Look at both of there D+1 years and sure Mete was likely on the better team but he almost doubled PK's goal totals in 8 less games. d+2 Mete's in the NHL and PK's still in junior. D+3 Mete's on a top pairing and PK's in the AHL. Doesn't seem to far fetched to me. You could argue that they were at least close but I'd still say Mete has at least progressed quicker than PK did.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
goals? No but I don't know maybe close to 10. Points? I don't see why he couldn't get close to that. 4 pts in 7 games. Probably would have just gotten better and better.

Look at both of there D+1 years and sure Mete was likely on the better team but he almost doubled PK's goal totals in 8 less games. d+2 Mete's in the NHL and PK's still in junior. D+3 Mete's on a top pairing and PK's in the AHL. Doesn't seem to far fetched to me. You could argue that they were at least close but I'd still say Mete has at least progressed quicker than PK did.
flawed logic.

You think Mete would be on the first pair if Weber wasnt playing ?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Subban was one of the best players i've seen in the AHL at 20, no way is Mete anywhere close to that impressive. His skill level, shot are so much ahead of Mete's, just really don't think it would be close at all. I doubt he could score 10 goals, I think Fleury would have trouble hitting 10 and he's got a cannon of a shot. 18 for a 20 year old blueliner is really tough.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
flawed logic.

You think Mete would be on the first pair if Weber wasnt playing ?

I said in my first post there are variables at play why Mete's on the first pair and Weber's helping him a huge bit. But he looks like Weber's best partner to date by a good margin. PK did well during his call ups during the regular season but not as good as Mete did last night. That came next year for PK.

First pair 2nd pair wherever he is he's still in the NHL and not only does he belong he's looking good doing it. PK if he had to may have looked as good in the bigs if he played there all year and it could've redlined his progression. That's possible but really from the looks of those call ups he needed to be in the AHL.

I'll concede that it's arguable who was better but for all those who were head over heels with PK but think Mete's barely an NHLer then I'd compare them both in the 3 years after they were drafted and I'd like to see in what year and how was PK so much better than Mete was up to this point.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Victor Mete: 87 shots on goal, in 93 games. Zero goals.

"Halko managed 15 assists in his 155 NHL regular-season games, but never turned on the red light despite being credited with 96 shots on goal. That's the most games played by anyone in NHL history without scoring at least once. "

:help:

He's had so many chances, I know he's bound to get one, but the hockey gods are not shining on Mete these days.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Subban was one of the best players i've seen in the AHL at 20, no way is Mete anywhere close to that impressive. His skill level, shot are so much ahead of Mete's, just really don't think it would be close at all. I doubt he could score 10 goals, I think Fleury would have trouble hitting 10 and he's got a cannon of a shot. 18 for a 20 year old blueliner is really tough.

Could've PK done what Mete did last night at the same age? That Mete would rip apart the AHL no question.

PK was pretty stiff in those first few games in the playoffs then settled down. He shut down Crosby but offensively he was very tame which of course was what he should've done but I still don't think he quite had the confidence with the puck yet.

I'll defer to you but so far Mete's accomplished more. I think it's at least arguable.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I said in my first post there are variables at play why Mete's on the first pair and Weber's helping him a huge bit. But he looks like Weber's best partner to date by a good margin. PK did well during his call ups during the regular season but not as good as Mete did last night. That came next year for PK.

First pair 2nd pair wherever he is he's still in the NHL and not only does he belong he's looking good doing it. PK if he had to may have looked as good in the bigs if he played there all year and it could've redlined his progression. That's possible but really from the looks of those call ups he needed to be in the AHL.

I'll concede that it's arguable who was better but for all those who were head over heels with PK but think Mete's barely an NHLer then I'd compare them both in the 3 years after they were drafted and I'd like to see in what year and how was PK so much better than Mete was up to this point.
You realise he probably wouldnt even be in the NHL if not for playing with Weber right now right ?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Could've PK done what Mete did last night at the same age? That Mete would rip apart the AHL no question.

PK was pretty stiff in those first few games in the playoffs then settled down. He shut down Crosby but offensively he was very tame which of course was what he should've done but I still don't think he quite had the confidence with the puck yet.

I'll defer to you but so far Mete's accomplished more. I think it's at least arguable.

no I highly doubt Mete would rip apart the AHL. This is where Subban's had some injuries is the 1st time he's on either going to put up 50+ points or be on pace for that since his 2nd season in the NHL. In Subban's 1st season in the NHL he had 14 goals, 38 pts, do you see Mete getting half of that next year?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
You realise he probably wouldnt even be in the NHL if not for playing with Weber right now right ?

Did you see him last night? He's our 3rd best D man right now and the other 3 didn't do too bad. I'm not going to get caught up in your ridiculousness so I'll let you win. Mete's garbage. Better junior stats at the same age as PK. Makes the NHL 2 years before PK but you're right. He's not an NHLer because he can't score a goal. He can rush the puck up the ice better than anyone on this team since PK as a 20 year old but you're right he's garbage. 3rd pairing if lucky. Probably ends up in the Swiss league where he'll never score a goal either. He'll end up looking like your profile pic at 29 years old. Retired from hockey with an expensive salt sniffing habit and my god you're the most miserable poster ever.

Reactions: Goldenhands

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Did you see him last night? He's our 3rd best D man right now and the other 3 didn't do too bad. I'm not going to get caught up in your ridiculousness so I'll let you win. Mete's garbage. Better junior stats at the same age as PK. Makes the NHL 2 years before PK but you're right. He's not an NHLer because he can't score a goal. He can rush the puck up the ice better than anyone on this team since PK as a 20 year old but you're right he's garbage. 3rd pairing if lucky. Probably ends up in the Swiss league where he'll never score a goal either. He'll end up looking like your profile pic at 29 years old. Retired from hockey with an expensive salt sniffing habit and my god you're the most miserable poster ever.
huh... that's ONE game.

but I'm the one being ridiculous, got it! :huh:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
no I highly doubt Mete would rip apart the AHL. This is where Subban's had some injuries is the 1st time he's on either going to put up 50+ points or be on pace for that since his 2nd season in the NHL. In Subban's 1st season in the NHL he had 14 goals, 38 pts, do you see Mete getting half of that next year?

yeah he could half that. Won't get as much goals but could easily get 30ish points. I said initially I'm not saying he'll be better than PK but I think he's better at the same age.

Of course he'd rip apart the AHL. Come on. Had he stayed down there, he would have put up massive points. Easily.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Weber or not, Mete is playing very well lately and could have gotten a couple of pts easily...
he is, thing is, whenever he's not playing with Weber he looks AHL calibre...

so people might want to wait for him to score a goal or two at least before saying he's ahead of 40-50-60 pts D at the same age. you know...

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
huh... that's ONE game.

but I'm the one being ridiculous, got it! :huh:

You don't think he'll ever repeat that? That that's that for a 20 year old? HE'S 20!!!

No your general ridiculousness I mean. Compared to other times you're fine now. I just know how this will devolve. I'm cutting my losses now. You win. Mete's not an NHLer.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
You don't think he'll ever repeat that? That that's that for a 20 year old? HE'S 20!!!

No your general ridiculousness I mean
. Compared to other times you're fine now. I just know how this will devolve. I'm cutting my losses now. You win. Mete's not an NHLer.
Given the quality of your posts on Mete right now, I'd stop talking about other posters ridiculousness if I were you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->