Player Discussion Victor Mete: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Most games played without having scored a goal (skaters). Mete currently sits at 0 goals in 117 games played. The record is held by Steve Halko, who played 155 NHL games over parts of 6 seasons without ever scoring a goal. However, in terms of minutes played, Mete is even closer to Halko. Steve Halko played 2044 minutes in the NHL. Mete has logged 1965 minutes played as of tonight. Just thought that was interesting.

he is a LONG way away from the record...the record is like 230 + games

Reactions: Redux91

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Most games played without having scored a goal (skaters). Mete currently sits at 0 goals in 117 games played. The record is held by Steve Halko, who played 155 NHL games over parts of 6 seasons without ever scoring a goal. However, in terms of minutes played, Mete is even closer to Halko. Steve Halko played 2044 minutes in the NHL. Mete has logged 1965 minutes played as of tonight. Just thought that was interesting.

stop looking at Steve Halko at 155....look at David Hale ...

Click here>David Hale (b.1981) Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Garbageyuk

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Useless thread disguised to make it appear as though he is struggling, when in fact he's one of the better players, especially defenders, on the team

struggling to score =/= struggling.
Right, because I have some agenda against Victor Mete of all people. When someone goes 117 games without scoring their first goal, it's worth talking about.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015

He doesn't shoot, not near the way he did his last year in junior. And now playing with Weber, I can see him deferring shots to him (and rightly so).

Any defenseman playing with Shea is going to have his shot totals down, because honestly if at the end of the game Mete had like 6 shot and Weber 1, you KNOW Clod or Luke are pulling him aside and going "Dude, wtf?"

Reactions: Fixxer and RandR

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I don’t care if he scores or not at the moment. No one can deny that he is playing very well on a role that he probably isn’t ready yet. The guy is an under sized D playing against the best opponent line every night. Not only does he play a good defensive game but he’s also generating a lot of scoring chances lately.

People around here are WAY too hard on a young D who could still be eligible to play in the OHL right now.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
He doesn't shoot, not near the way he did his last year in junior. And now playing with Weber, I can see him deferring shots to him (and rightly so).

Any defenseman playing with Shea is going to have his shot totals down, because honestly if at the end of the game Mete had like 6 shot and Weber 1, you KNOW Clod or Luke are pulling him aside and going "Dude, wtf?"
In any case, it is quite unusual.

Reactions: habergeon

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I don’t care if he scores or not at the moment. No one can deny that he is playing very well on a role that he probably isn’t ready yet. The guy is an under sized D playing against the best opponent line every night. Not only does he play a good defensive game but he’s also generating a lot of scoring chances lately.

People around here are WAY too hard on a young D who could still be eligible to play in the OHL right now.
Who's hard on Mete? I've never seen it.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
NHL referee Dean Morton scored a goal in his first and last game of his NHL career. They were the same game.

Mete is doing fine. I like his game and hope he continues to develop favorably. I hope this thread is meant to jinx his drought.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Josh Georges with better skating and worse shot blocking. Probably get 4 million a year from Bergy for those stats.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Our #2 defenseman hasn’t scored a goal. But I can’t wait for people to blame Price for why we didn’t make the playoffs a week from now.

JSR 56

Dec 18, 2017
Montreal
Useless thread disguised to make it appear as though he is struggling, when in fact he's one of the better players, especially defenders, on the team

struggling to score =/= struggling.
well if you cant score in 2 years, then a part of your game is struggling.
do we want him to be another de la rose where we are happy that he isnt making mistakes, or do we want him to be a gamebreaker. playing in the #2 slot, he should be producing more than 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad