Player Discussion Victor Mete: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Weber always had a great shot though, not sure how Mete is gonna develop that. It's like Beaulieu..he wasnt going to become a great shooter. His passing though, that could maybe improve, not sure he has enough vision though. That's why spending time in AHL to develop that would have been crucial imo.

Shot can definitely improve. Gallagher had practically no shot when he came in the league.

Reactions: tazsub3

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
He does two things well-
He is sound defensively and moves the puck up ice better than any D we have.
A plus 5 last year on a horrendous team and a plus 16 this year through 63 games.

Turns 21 in June

Reading many here, you would think he reached the age of retirement,

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
My guess is you havent watched

I haven't missed a game. I see Mete turning over the puck over in key positions, getting manhandled down low and rushing the puck into obscurity on most nights all while providing zero offense. He's a 5-6 playing in critical times he shouldn't be at this point, its because the rest of our D is so bad he looks decent. Even Kulak has outplayed him the last 20 games.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I haven't missed a game. I see Mete turning over the puck over in key positions, getting manhandled down low and rushing the puck into obscurity on most nights all while providing zero offense. He's a 5-6 playing in critical times he shouldn't be at this point, its because the rest of our D is so bad he looks decent. Even Kulak has outplayed him the last 20 games.
And we watch the same games? Wow

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I should say that I think he could benefit from the AHL too but I think it's 50/50. Sergachev's production is pretty circumstantial though. Not to say Mete would've scored as much on TB necesssarily but I think they've been similar enough. I really don't think he's as in over his head as some think. He's gotten better which is what you want to see.
Sergachev’s 5 GWGs from his rookie campaign say hello! Kid is being developed properly on the best franchise built since the cap. Mette? He doesn’t have the luxury of being developed. Birth by fire on our shit team, and he is doing it!

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
It boggles my mind that people are upset about mete's play. Not many Dmen Metes age can come in and earn the coach's trust the way he has. He gets the toughest minutes besides Weber and plays against guys like McJesus and Crosby. Best part is he doesn't look out of place against the best players in the league.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
It boggles my mind that people are upset about mete's play. Not many Dmen Metes age can come in and earn the coach's trust the way he has. He gets the toughest minutes besides Weber and plays against guys like McJesus and Crosby. Best part is he doesn't look out of place against the best players in the league.
who is ->upset<- ??

(my guess ? very very few, but hey, let's focus on these one or two guys lol)

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Yeah, how about we owe him a little "patience"?
Even pk ****ing subban wasnt in the NHL at his age yet...
reality : fans do not owe him anything....

and if he's as soft as Habs fans, he can find another job someone else will gladly take his spot.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

and if he's as soft as Habs fans, he can find another job someone else will gladly take his spot.

reality : you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

You're unfortunately one of the very few who have this tunnel vision stuck on "0 goals in 112" games as if it defines his CAREER...that just started...

Nick Slafkofield

Nov 5, 2018

Well kotkaniemi has been in a slump for some games now better buy out his contract right?
We owe him (Mete) patience because he's got the potential to be better than he is already playing, and he is playing great right now btw

Reactions: Redux91 and Tyson

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I think he's improved since last year but I see his ceiling being 5 goals 30/35 pts which is pretty good.
Same as Gallagher ceiling was a 3rd line player potting 10 goals .
Now he might score or not , but to really limit the upward curve in today's NHL of a 21 yo which posses the main tools (skating and speed) is more then naive

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Same as Gallagher ceiling was a 3rd line player potting 10 goals .
Now he might score or not , but to really limit the upward curve in today's NHL of a 21 yo which posses the main tools (skating and speed) is more then naive
Find me posts that said that... That's a strong claim to make for a three time 40 goal scorer in the WHL. From 2012: "But Gallagher's main weapon is his shot, which has been terrorizing the junior ranks for the past three years. He has a strong wrist shot and can score goals from a distance, but he also has a knack for crashing the goal crease and potting the dirty goals." Top 25 Under 25: #7 Brendan Gallagher

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I know he hasn’t scored yet but Mete is slowly becoming one of my favourite players

love this.

I love the way he's played fearless, even as a 5 foot 9 19 year old dman.

I'm ready to be patient and see what happens to his offensive game. Right now on a rush, it looks like he's half thinking about getting back on D. When he gets more experienced and satisfied with his defensive game, he'll start to put think offensively more. We'll see if he's able to create scoring chances and goals. Time will tell.

Reactions: Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
love this.

I love the way he's played fearless, even as a 5 foot 9 19 year old dman.

I'm ready to be patient and see what happens to his offensive game. Right now on a rush, it looks like he's half thinking about getting back on D. When he gets more experienced and satisfied with his defensive game, he'll start to put think offensively more. We'll see if he's able to create scoring chances and goals. Time will tell.

Experience will only make this kid a better player, i completely agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad