sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
the reverse jinx will not work
god knows its been tried enough

the shawsie debacle is just icing on the cake

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Useless thread disguised to make it appear as though he is struggling, when in fact he's one of the better players, especially defenders, on the team

struggling to score =/= struggling.
It's a false data misleading the Mete's contribution...

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
To be honest he's had a bunch of medium to good (10-30%) scoring chances that he did not capitalize on. He should be scoring roughly 4-8 goals per years the way he plays..

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
How can it be when during all these years the NHL had absolutly dumb dumb big slow defensemen that NEVER scored. Harold Schnepp had more goals than Mete? I don't buy that.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Useless thread disguised to make it appear as though he is struggling, when in fact he's one of the better players, especially defenders, on the team

struggling to score =/= struggling.
Well articulated. The kid has been terrific

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
How can it be when during all these years the NHL had absolutly dumb dumb big slow defensemen that NEVER scored. Harold Schnepp had more goals than Mete? I don't buy that.
I guess they mean the goalies were awful and puck luck happened. Otherwise, if Mete wasn't playing with one of the top goal scoring defenseman, things might be different.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Mete was great tonight. He honestly should have had one where it hit the out of position goalie in the head who didn't even see the shot- that baby was labeled top corner.

Reactions: Frankc

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
The kid is a phenomenal defender. The offense will come. He’s holding his own on the top pairing. It’s amazing that he was a fourth round pick just three years ago.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
A big reason why Mete has the longest goal drought in the NHL is because he can’t shoot. Not literally, but his shot is so ineffective he’s reluctant to even use it. In 68 games this season, Mete has attempted 143 shots at 5-on-5, or just over two per game. In terms of shot attempts per 60 minutes of ice time, Mete’s rate of 7.95 is the lowest on the team. In fact, among players who have logged at least 800 minutes at 5-on-5 this season, Mete’s shot attempt rate is 32nd lowest in the entire NHL.

If Mete has anything to do with it, this will not be the situation for long.

“That’s the goal this summer, just keep shooting,” Mete said. “I’m going to start early. Not working out early, but shooting.”
Last summer, Mete couldn’t do any shooting because his left index finger – the bottom hand on his stick – was broken and he couldn’t grip his stick. Assuming he makes it to the summer healthy this year, Mete plans on visiting Tim Turk, a shooting guru who works with NHL players across the league and travels the world teaching the mechanics and intricacies of shooting a hockey puck.

Mete worked with him three years ago, but then the year after was his draft year and he went to the Memorial Cup with the Knights, then last year he was injured. He’s eager to go back to see him, and Turk is confident he can make a difference.

From part of a bigger article about him from The Athletic. The article goes on to say that Gallagher has worked with Tim Turk a ton and helped turn him into a 30-goal scorer so I'm glad Mete is seeking him out this summer

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Very happy with his progression this year. I had a clump of young players (Lehkonen, Mete Hudon) heading into the season that I wanted to see if they could take the next step. Mete has really done that. The points will come eventually, but for now he's really built a solid foundation to his game that will keep him in the league for a long time and will be an important peice for the habs future.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Wonder why CJ doesn’t use Mete at FW when the other team pull there goalie he good defensively but at fw might better be able to use is speed and he might help him score is first goal.

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
I think it's easy to forget that Mete is only 20 years old. Playing top pairing defense.
My biggest concern is one on one down low he gets overpowered by bigger forwards. he will need to find a way to overcome that.
I can wait for the offensive numbers for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad