Player Discussion Victor Mete: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I think it's easy to forget that Mete is only 20 years old. Playing top pairing defense.
My biggest concern is one on one down low he gets overpowered by bigger forwards. he will need to find a way to overcome that.
I can wait for the offensive numbers for now.
He's been getting better as the year had gone on. He'll never be able to match strength with most forwards but his positioning has improved greatly. Then throw in his quickness and he'll be just fine going forward. Smart player that just needs more seasoning

Reactions: CanadiensChick

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Couldn't stop laughing when he rung it off the goalies head on that open net .

He is a beast though. He'll be a legit top pairing guy once he learns to shoot

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
At Mete's age, Morgan Rielly had 20 ESP compared to Mete's 13 and wasn't playing tough matchups like Mete has. Similar to Rielly, Mete is a great skater who doesn't have a big shot.. in Rielly's first 5 years in the league he only averaged 6 goals over 82 games before breaking out with 20 goals this year.

Mete won't ever be a goal scoring D in the league, but with his speed and knowing when to pick spots and jump into the rush I won't be surprised if he can get 8-10 goals a year in the future.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Because he's literally a one-man breakout machine on the backend ? Non-arguably our best breakout defender ?
I agree, maybe I wrong I just don’t remember him getting much ice time when other teams pull their goalie... kind of remember seeing Benn a lot of the time... last night I remember see Kulak I just assume CJ wanted a bigger play on the ice, so I taught that moving Mete to Fw for the late game mission kind able CJ to have the bigger player down low and still have Mete on the ice.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
At Mete's age, Morgan Rielly had 20 ESP compared to Mete's 13 and wasn't playing tough matchups like Mete has. Similar to Rielly, Mete is a great skater who doesn't have a big shot.. in Rielly's first 5 years in the league he only averaged 6 goals over 82 games before breaking out with 20 goals this year.

Mete won't ever be a goal scoring D in the league, but with his speed and knowing when to pick spots and jump into the rush I won't be surprised if he can get 8-10 goals a year in the future.

Wow not bad at all. I was hoping someone could give me a comparison. He stacks up pretty well with Rielly at the same age. I'm not saying he'll be Rielly good but people need to realize what he's doing for his age is very very impressive. So much room and time to improve. PK played 2 regular season games at the same age. Yes, different circumstances, especially the rosters, but I'm not 100% sure PK would've done as well as Mete has had he been thrown onto a top pairing at the same age.. He very well could of. Still that bodes very well for Mete.

Jul 6, 2016
Couldn't stop laughing when he rung it off the goalies head on that open net .

He is a beast though. He'll be a legit top pairing guy once he learns to shoot

Maybe Habs could hire Marc-André Bergeron to teach him how a pint size d-man can blast shots at goal.....

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
His biggest asset is his willingness to work, be coached and put in the work.
We saw it first hand here in London.
Yes he can skate. Has a good head for the game, but its the competitiveness and work ethic that will make him a top 4 main stay for years to come

Reactions: cphabs

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Arguably the best D on our team since returning from Laval. So happy with his season and so much to look forward to :DD

Reactions: Mrb1p

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
He played great this season. In my opinion at 20 years old he’s already a 2nd pairing dman. His speed is phenomenal and his checking ability is pretty good too. Just needs to work on that shot but that’ll come eventually. Great partner for Weber who lacks speed

Reactions: Vachon23 and cphabs

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I was ready to leap out of my seat if he scored in OT, oh so close

If Shaw had only stayed out of the crease earlier in the year on his disallowed goal

Reactions: Mrb1p

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Mete needs to work on his outlet passing and what he does when he gets in a good position in the offensive zone.

I think both can and will be improved.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Mete is a good player, and doesn't look out of place in the top 4, but man, this goalless streak is embarrassing.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
0DD45DFA-4267-451F-AFFA-7B9E25FDC48E.jpeg

We still love you Mete :laugh::heart:

Reactions: cphabs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad