Boston Bruins VI-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I was literally just thinking this. Lucic retained and Bennett for Bjork and whatever else gets it done. Waive Wagner. We need big bodies in this division. The playoffs are going to be a blood bath (if we even get in).

March-Berg-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Ritchie
Lucic-Coyle-Smith
Frederik-Kuraly-Bennett

You essentially rearranged the deck chairs on the Titanic. Team is no better than one we’re icing now. It’s Top 6 talent or bust.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Estlin

member 96824

I was literally just thinking this. Lucic retained and Bennett for Bjork and whatever else gets it done. Waive Wagner. We need big bodies in this division. The playoffs are going to be a blood bath (if we even get in).

March-Berg-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Ritchie
Lucic-Coyle-Smith
Frederik-Kuraly-Bennett

In what world does that lineup score more than what we have at the moment?

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
We are all aware that if Sweeney does trade for someone, that player will bring the covid and Tyler Seguin's nightlife into the locker room, right?

Is there an opposite of the Midas Touch?

Reactions: capecodder

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Sweeney is going to have to have make 2010-2011-esque in season trades to not only change the make up of this team, but in order for this team to go anywhere in the playoffs. Everyone but the first line and McAvoy should be available, but I don't think Sweeney has the capability of making those moves.

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
Only this place would clamor for Lucic after a game like today. I just don’t understand it.
Todays performance is not an offense issue. Its clearly a character issue. They’re not built for team toughness. I’m tired of seeing our best players get run over with no response. Getting a top 6 winger in no way puts them over the hump. Plus I don’t even know whose available. You get your soft 25 goal scorer and enjoy the performance of today again of getting physically embarrassed. Good luck in the playoffs with that.

Reactions: capecodder

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Todays performance is not an offense issue. Its clearly a character issue. They’re not built for team toughness. I’m tired of seeing our best players get run over with no response. Getting a top 6 winger in no way puts them over the hump. Plus I don’t even know whose available. You get your soft 25 goal scorer and enjoy the performance of today again of getting physically embarrassed. Good luck in the playoffs with that.

You’re right. Who needs legit top 6 talent when you can keep bottom 6 talent like Ritchie in the top 6 and acquire more bottom 6 talent because toughness!

I say this with all due respect but you’re out to lunch with this take.

Reactions: bbfan419

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
You’re right. Who needs legit top 6 talent when you can keep bottom 6 talent like Ritchie in the top 6 and acquire more bottom 6 talent because toughness!

I say this with all due respect but you’re out to lunch with this take.
I quite enjoy lunch. Don’t consider Ritchie a bottom 6 winger. Will gladly hear your fantasy land proposal of how we acquire McDavid.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Lucic has been really good this season. He's been hitting, fighting, hyping his team up. He's been scoring too. I'd take him back without hesitation. Leadership too.

Even at 50% retained, he’s 3M for another 2 seasons. You’re now tying up 5.75M in Lucic and Moore. It’s 7M if you throw in Wagner.

This would be a massive problem. That’s a legitimate player at that money.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I quite enjoy lunch. Don’t consider Ritchie a bottom 6 winger. Will gladly hear your fantasy land proposal of how we acquire McDavid.

On a cup contending team, Ritchie is not in your Top 6. He lacks the consistency and speed for it. He’s a guy you slot up if needed for a little.

I wouldn’t suggest McDavid/Eichel at all as they’re not realistic.

However, there’s top 6 talent that could be had that would actually upgrade the teams main issue: Scoring. Y’know the thing you need above all to win games.

It’s been ignored for 5-6 years now. Enough is enough.

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
On a cup contending team, Ritchie is not in your Top 6. He lacks the consistency and speed for it. He’s a guy you slot up if needed for a little.

I wouldn’t suggest McDavid/Eichel at all as they’re not realistic.

However, there’s top 6 talent that could be had that would actually upgrade the teams main issue: Scoring. Y’know the thing you need above all to win games.

It’s been ignored for 5-6 years now. Enough is enough.
Names..

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Starting to fear Smith is another Belesky. Free agency is a losing game.

None of the names being thrown around as targets excite me, either. Dadonov, Granlund, etc.

Wonder if we could get Cam Atkinson for a reasonable price. edit: didnt look at the contract, bad idea.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Still think we should try Olofsson from Buffalo. Winger who can play both sides. On a terrible team but very talented. Wonder what it would take.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
There are other forwards between the skill level of McDavid and Lucic that aren't fantasy land.

Not sure if you remember Lucic's last season here wasn't exactly filled with energy. He also wants to be out west due to family reasons, not saying he wouldn't want to be here, I just don't think it's not gonna happen for a number of reasons.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
There are other forwards between the skill level of McDavid and Lucic that aren't fantasy land.

Not sure if you remember Lucic's last season here wasn't exactly filled with energy. He also wants to be out west due to family reasons, not saying he wouldn't want to be here, I just don't think it's not gonna happen for a number of reasons.
I think if he was presented with an opportunity to come back, he'd come no hesitation. He loved it here. He still likes posts and posts throwbacks. No doubt he would return.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Pavelski with salary retained would be awesome. He's having a good year, would look awesome on Krejci's RW. Dallas owes us a favor for gifting them Seguin, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad