Post-Game Talk: Monarchy Abolished (x3)

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
For those that say “well the refs just called actual penalties” … remember when they didn’t call actual penalties for us?

We are definitely getting some mandated calls now. Maybe the league wants McDavid with a Cup. Maybe they didn’t want the 1-3-1 advancing and boring the second round.

Whatever the reason, I don’t care. I’m gonna savour the fact that we finally got favourable officiating.
I said the same thing it was like California reffing but in reverse tonight. Whatever though if there is one team that has earned a few breaks it’s this one :laugh:

Oilking83

Jan 14, 2009
Oil Country
For those that say “well the refs just called actual penalties” … remember when they didn’t call actual penalties for us?

We are definitely getting some mandated calls now. Maybe the league wants McDavid with a Cup. Maybe they didn’t want the 1-3-1 advancing and boring the second round.

Whatever the reason, I don’t care. I’m gonna savour the fact that we finally got favourable officiating.
This is ridiculous. We won cause the kings suck ass. Officiating is back and forth in every series. Sometimes you get a break other times you don’t. End of day it’s up to you to kill penalties which king’s couldn’t do.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
2DEB2DF3-CF3E-46E1-A201-834ADE5135FC.gif

Late to the party but I just woke up!!!

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
The Oilers have been better before and gotten screwed by shitty officiating.

This is what happens when the Oilers are better AND get favourable officiating. We win in 5 games and hold LA to 6 SOG in the last period of their season.
Also helps skinner only had one bad game this series as opposed to seemingly every game last playoffs. And they will need him to continue to play well.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This is ridiculous. We won cause the kings suck ass. Officiating is back and forth in every series. Sometimes you get a break other times you don’t. End of day it’s up to you to kill penalties which king’s couldn’t do.
I didn’t say we won because of officiating.

I said we are finally getting favourable officiating and as a result the series is over in 5 and two of the games weren’t even kept artificially close by game management.

Not sure if anybody commented on it but looks like KK forgot how to win a series. The training staff had to all tell him to get out on the bench. he got so excited he forgot all about the handshake stuff. Kind of funny.
He’s still a rookie lol

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

I think cause the Oilers showed maturity throughout the series. Not getting revenge in scrums. Paying attention to their stick work. And I’m guessing not being bitches to the refs after calls as we’ve seen in some mic’d up videos. We earned the officiating we got this series.

It’s that whole vet teams get calls thing. But you gotta act like vets to get those calls.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Disagree, the Oilers were just more disciplined than the Kings.
The Oilers have been more disciplined before and gotten screwed by the refs not calling obvious penalties against the other team.

This time, it was different.

And I hope it continues.

I hope we ride a 50% PP all the way to the Cup and draw the most penalties in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad