Boston Bruins VI-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I think if he was presented with an opportunity to come back, he'd come no hesitation. He loved it here. He still likes posts and posts throwbacks. No doubt he would return.
Liking posts on social media isn't the same is coming back to play, I just don't think it's gonna happen. And if it did, I'd have a feeling people would be trying to run him out of town long before his contract ended.

Lucic coming back here for a retirement run feels like the exact opposite direction this team should be going.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Liking posts on social media isn't the same is coming back to play, I just don't think it's gonna happen. And if it did, I'd have a feeling people would be trying to run him out of town long before his contract ended.

Lucic coming back here for a retirement run feels like the exact opposite direction this team should be going.

He's playing well though. Has more points than the guys we put out on the 4th line. He's hitting. Fighting. Scoring. His leadership is great. If there is an opportunity to get him here and dump Wagner and Moore or Kuraly, I do it. That's just me though.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
A top-six forward doesn’t change anything when 9/12 guys are skating like it’s a pre-season matchup. The coach needs to get more out of these guys, especially Coyle and Smith. Wagner and Kuraly are giving this lineup virtually nothing, either, which doesn’t help. Your fourth-line can’t be getting out hustled and skated every single night.

Sweeney needs to make a move no doubt, but y’all blaming him and calling for his head right now seems like misplaced frustration, IMO. There’s plenty of talent on this roster to be competitive every game, against every team. Whether or not that’s on the coach or the players on the ice is up for debate, but the sentiment still stands— too many guys skating like there’s no consequences and they’ll be rolled out there again and again.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Neither are worth what it'll cost to get them.

Rakell is going to command a big price and Palmieri will too despite only having 10 pts on the year

“Worth” is subjective.

For this team those two are worth way more than for many
other teams because of their small window.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
He's playing well though. Has more points than the guys we put out on the 4th line. He's hitting. Fighting. Scoring. His leadership is great. If there is an opportunity to get him here and dump Wagner and Moore or Kuraly, I do it. That's just me though.
He's also playing in geographic area that he wants to be. Out of all the players that left Boston, he left Boston pretty amicably and I think the conversation of what his plans were, were part of it

He's better than what we have on the bottom 6, but I also think the bottom 6 isn't the issue. If we need our bottom 6 to get out too 6 to score, then maybe the bigger problem needs to be addressed.

Lucic would be far far down on my priority list. But hey, maybe Sweeney wants to redo 2015. I know most of us want him to.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
A top-six forward doesn’t change anything when 9/12 guys are skating like it’s a pre-season matchup. The coach needs to get more out of these guys, especially Coyle and Smith. Wagner and Kuraly are giving this lineup virtually nothing, either, which doesn’t help. Your fourth-line can’t be getting out hustled and skated every single night.

Sweeney needs to make a move no doubt, but y’all blaming him and calling for his head right now seems like misplaced frustration, IMO. There’s plenty of talent on this roster to be competitive every game, against every team. Whether or not that’s on the coach or the players on the ice is up for debate, but the sentiment still stands— too many guys skating like there’s no consequences and they’ll be rolled out there again and again.

I don't see how it's misplaced frustration, Anthony. Sweeney has ignored making a move for a Top 6 forward for years now when it's always been the need. Coach has shown consequences this season. He's benched guys, he's sent them upstairs, he's demoted. It's not working with them. They get back in the lineup and continue the same tired lack of effort crap. Bruins are a one line team and when you shut down the one line, they're easy as hell to play against and beat.

Reactions: Bodit9

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I don't see how it's misplaced frustration, Anthony. Sweeney has ignored making a move for a Top 6 forward for years now when it's always been the need. Coach has shown consequences this season. He's benched guys, he's sent them upstairs, he's demoted. It's not working with them. They get back in the lineup and continue the same tired lack of effort crap. Bruins are a one line team and when you shut down the one line, they're easy as hell to play against and beat.

I agree with you and Anthony is right, you could get Brett Hull here and what's the point with your 2C, 2LW, 3C and 3RW basically have mailed it in all season. They aren't playing with any urgency. This seems to be an entire roster issue with work ethic, or being in shape or whatever....Maybe we all shortchanged the Chara factor when he was here about being accountable and working hard.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I mean because we want to? Or because Calgary wants him. I don't think it's the latter.

Also if Lucic is doing as well as you are saying he's doing, why would Calgary retain AND take a cap dump just to help the Bruins?
Cause they aren't making the playoffs?

Keep in mind. This conversation came up because Wagner and Kuraly have done nothing for our 4th line. Whereas Lucic has been producing in his role this year. He would be an upgrade over what we have now. Add his toughness AND leadership to all of that. Would the Bruins look at him? No. But would I? Yeah, I would. That's all.

Reactions: capecodder

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Cause they aren't making the playoffs?

Keep in mind. This conversation came up because Wagner and Kuraly have done nothing for our 4th line. Whereas Lucic has been producing in his role this year. He would be an upgrade over what we have now. Add his toughness AND leadership to all of that. Would the Bruins look at him? No. But would I? Yeah, I would. That's all.
I was asking why would Calgary take Moore. And the reason unless there's incentive is Calgary wouldn't want both Moore and to retain on Lucic.

Reactions: Mione134
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad