Vegas Cinderella story is over

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
This thread is gold :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Pretty good team all around. I love that 4th line. These three bros administer so much hurt on the opposing team, it's beautiful to watch. Scoring a bucket load of goals doesn't hurt either.

Stastny has been out for most of the season, too.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Cody Eakin quietly turning into a 2C, something that was expected to happen years ago but then he fell off.

Sounds like a Vegas thing to happen.

If the Max - Eakin - Tuch line continues to perform like a legitimate 2nd line they could just keep that together.

Marchessault - Karlsson - Smith
Pacioretty - Eakin - Tuch
Nosek - Stastny - Haula
Carrier - Bellemare - Reaves
Carpenter

Yeah not bad. Then they got Cody Glass coming up too.

f*** Vegas man.

Reactions: egelband

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
gmgm-wink2-o.gif

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Cody Eakin quietly turning into a 2C, something that was expected to happen years ago but then he fell off.

Sounds like a Vegas thing to happen.

If the Max - Eakin - Tuch line continues to perform like a legitimate 2nd line they could just keep that together.

Marchessault - Karlsson - Smith
Pacioretty - Eakin - Tuch
Nosek - Stastny - Haula
Carrier - Bellemare - Reaves
Carpenter

Yeah not bad. Then they got Cody Glass coming up too.

**** Vegas man.
There are a couple of players who I was not overly impressed with last season that are winning me over this season. The first one is Cody Eakin, he seems like a completely different player than last season. The other is Ryan f***en Reaves, a guy I didn't want on the team... I actually think I wanted to jettison him into the sun, but he's been great on the 4th line... and the power play.

An NHL team playing Ryan Reaves on the power play.... Never thought I'd say that.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
I don't think he was throwing the blame at Vegas for winning but how the league handled the new franchise.

And what happens when Seattle doesn't come out of the blocks like Vegas?

What will the excuses be then?

They weren't handed anything.

They were a team that everyone thought would be in contention for Dahlin.

Then it was...."Hahahaha.....see they do suck!! Was just a fluke!! Right where they belong"!!

Now that they are back to playing good/great hockey it's back to the ol' standard....."They were gifted a great team! So unfair"!

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
I don't think he was throwing the blame at Vegas for winning but how the league handled the new franchise.

I just wish the league would fill his team division with mockery teams instead of the Pacific. How can we ordinary teams in the Pacific even make the playoffs after Seattle joins? They and Vegas will be clear division winners every year for the foreseeable future with this league mockery going on.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
And what happens when Seattle doesn't come out of the blocks like Vegas?

What will the excuses be then?

They weren't handed anything.

They were a team that everyone thought would be in contention for Dahlin.

Then it was...."Hahahaha.....see they do suck!! Was just a fluke!! Right where they belong"!!

Now that they are back to playing good/great hockey it's back to the ol' standard....."They were gifted a great team! So unfair"!

It is just strange that franchises that have waited decades to be competitive working hard to draft players and develop them, players after players after failed experiments that a new team comes in and go to the Stanley Cup finals. I remember people salivating at the players Vegas would get. Hey we have wanted years to have a guy like Theodore and these guys get him for free. It's not like McPheee has ever been known for being a genius(the trade with the Wings and Habs showed that), it's just the new system that have allowed them to be this competitive. I also think it's more rewarding for a club like Nashville for instance that have done well early but at least struggled over the years to build themselves something good via good drafting, by their own means.

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
Not a Cinderella story so thread is moot.

Maybe. Just maybe .. its possible that they are simply a decent team.

I know that will be hard for some to accept. But it just MIGHT be possible.
Maybe, just maybe, the "west is so much better than the east mentality", is coming through. The past 3 champs came out of the east, and it wasn't even close.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Capitals smoked Las Vegas and beat them for the cup last season.
Cinderella story is wrap.

The Golden Knights are going nowhere this season and nobody gives a 2 f***s about them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad