Vegas Cinderella story is over

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
I think a lot of people saw this coming. Which made the Tatar and Pacioretty trades so dumb. Even while they were in the chase I thought either Neal or Perron should've been dealt. It was a perfect storm last year and now reality is set in.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think a lot of people saw this coming. Which made the Tatar and Pacioretty trades so dumb. Even while they were in the chase I thought either Neal or Perron should've been dealt. It was a perfect storm last year and now reality is set in.
Eh I don't blame them for not making a move for the pending UFAs last year. And getting to the SCF - right call.

The Tatar move was clearly "EK trade fell through let's drop a piece or two from the deal and get someone else". Was a bad deal at the time, looks worse now that they traded him + other pieces for a guy who looks toast.

GMGM is not a good GM. He had some teams over the barrel during the EDraft, and he still made some questionable moves. I kind of feel bad for Seattle because of the expectations set. GMs are going to be better prepared this time around.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
but are they still "not paying for anything is this town" ?

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
They accomplished last season what many franchises that have been in the league for decades never have, and nearly won the Stanley Cup. All because of the moronic expansion draft that Seattle is going to be getting as well. Joke.

Oh come on. No one saw the team they drafted and expected them to even be half decent, let alone make the playoffs

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Eh I don't blame them for not making a move for the pending UFAs last year. And getting to the SCF - right call.

The Tatar move was clearly "EK trade fell through let's drop a piece or two from the deal and get someone else". Was a bad deal at the time, looks worse now that they traded him + other pieces for a guy who looks toast.

GMGM is not a good GM. He had some teams over the barrel during the EDraft, and he still made some questionable moves. I kind of feel bad for Seattle because of the expectations set. GMs are going to be better prepared this time around.

I forgot about that. That just adds another layer to how stupid that was. I remember hearing that those pieces offered for Tatar were offered for Karlsson but the deal fell through. I remember thinking why not just wait till the summer. The picks plus Hague and Haula for Karlsson + Ryan would've been a solid deal for both sides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad