Vegas Cinderella story is over

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
8-2-0 in their last 10 games.

This will continue to be bumped because the OP's post was especially smug, along with a bunch of other posts in this thread.

Fully agreed about bumping this thread and others like it....it never fails that some sports fans think the whole season is in a few games.....sometimes
it takes teams some time to round into form....Vegas is following that pattern exactly......they very well could be a threat again in the West when the
playoffs commence.....

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
The Capitals smoked Las Vegas and beat them for the cup last season.
Cinderella story is wrap.

The Golden Knights are going nowhere this season and nobody gives a 2 ****s about them.

Wow....can't fault you for your honestly....however I would bet there are more people that care about the Vegas Hockey team then the Jets.....or at the very least
the fan base is close in number and passion.....

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Fully agreed about bumping this thread and others like it....it never fails that some sports fans think the whole season is in a few games.....sometimes
it takes teams some time to round into form....Vegas is following that pattern exactly......they very well could be a threat again in the West when the
playoffs commence.....

Vegas is a good team but I don't see the talent on their team any where near the Preds and Jets. That said that did not stop them from making it all the way to the cup final last year so what do I know?:)

B Stemhovilichski

Feb 15, 2016
Bay Town
Wow....can't fault you for your honestly....however I would bet there are more people that care about the Vegas Hockey team then the Jets.....or at the very least
the fan base is close in number and passion.....Passion?

Beyond clueless, Winnipeg won the Stanley Cup in 1896.
Do yourself a favor and check some hockey history. The Peg is a place where people have backyard rinks and skate outside when its -20.
Take winning the Super Bowl & The World Series and mix them together and that would not be close to how to how people in Winnipeg would feel about winning Lord Stanleys Cup

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Do yourself a favor and check some hockey history. The Peg is a place where people have backyard rinks and skate outside when its -20.
Take winning the Super Bowl & The World Series and mix them together and that would not be close to how to how people in Winnipeg would feel about winning Lord Stanleys Cup

I'm not sure you caught his drift?

Or maybe you did, which makes it even worse.

There are a lot of passionate Knights fans in Nevada. Lots. The environment at the arena is fantastic and you can find people all over Nevada excited about the Knights. I have a place at Lake Tahoe and you see plenty of people supporting the Knights. It's not just people visiting Vegas filling up the arena!

Add in the fact that there are almost 3x as many people in Nevada as compared to Manitoba and you can see what he was saying.

Plus, all of Canada has back yard rinks in the winter. What's your point? That you're not a true fan of the game unless you can build a rink in your back yard? You're limiting a lot of hockey fans with that standard!!

You need to take in the post he replied to and grasp a little context. The guy he responded to said the Knights are a shitty team that no one gives two shits about.

You're going to defend that bullshit? That's the hill you want to die on?

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016

I remember that Winnipeg Stanley Cup victory like it was yesterday...or 122 years ago...

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017

I'm all for rubbing it in, but saying that "Vegas has more people that care about (their) hockey than Winnipeg" is a huge stretch, and I really don't mind Vegas.

B Stemhovilichski

Feb 15, 2016
Bay Town

There are a lot of passionate Knights fans in Nevada. Lots. The environment at the arena is fantastic and you can find people all over Nevada excited about the Knights. I have a place at Lake Tahoe and you see plenty of people supporting the Knights. It's not just people visiting Vegas filling up the arena!

Add in the fact that there are almost 3x as many people in Nevada as compared to Manitoba and you can see what he was saying.

Plus, all of Canada has back yard rinks in the winter. What's your point? That you're not a true fan of the game unless you can build a rink in your back yard? You're limiting a lot of hockey fans with that standard!!

You need to take in the post he replied to and grasp a little context. The guy he responded to said the Knights are a ****ty team that no one gives two ****s about.

You're going to defend that bull****? That's the hill you want to die on?

B Stemhovilichski

Feb 15, 2016
Bay Town

You need to take in the post he replied to and grasp a little context. The guy he responded to said the Knights are a ****ty team that no one gives two ****s about.

You're going to defend that bull****? That's the hill you want to die on?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Interesting assertion. It’s quite possible, considering the Las Vegas population is about twice Winnipeg’s there are actually more Vegas fans. Certainly Winnipeg has more long-time die-hard fans, so the passion statement may be overblown. But in certain metrics you could say Vegas is as popular as the Winnipeg Jets. Anyhow, impossible to say, really. But it’s not crazy to say Vegas has more fans, at least in name.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I doubt it.

The Golden Knights are yesterday's news.

giphy.gif

Reactions: amethyst

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Went to a game in Vegas and had a poor experience. Was with a nephew and we got heckled and stuff thrown at us for minding our own business.

Also got heckled leaving, in the bathroom, and some other seats we got moved to after getting heckled. Worst fans I’ve experienced in any sport outing.

Anyone saying the fans in Vegas are anywhere close to jets fans are out to lunch. Vegas fans at the game flat out suck and belong at an XFL game.

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
Went to a game in Vegas and had a poor experience. Was with a nephew and we got heckled and stuff thrown at us for minding our own business.

Also got heckled leaving, in the bathroom, and some other seats we got moved to after getting heckled. Worst fans I’ve experienced in any sport outing.

Anyone saying the fans in Vegas are anywhere close to jets fans are out to lunch. Vegas fans at the game flat out suck and belong at an XFL game.

I've had the same crap at all 3 NYC metro area arenas (including Coliseum not Barclays). I saw a Buffalo fan chuck a beer bottle at a girl in the parking lot after the Winter Class. Anyone who thinks that crap is unique to Vegas is out to lunch.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I've had the same crap at all 3 NYC metro area arenas (including Coliseum not Barclays). I saw a Buffalo fan chuck a beer bottle at a girl in the parking lot after the Winter Class. Anyone who thinks that crap is unique to Vegas is out to lunch.

Never personally had a bad experience with opposing fans but I went to the Ducks-Kings outdoor game at Dodger's Stadium and saw a car decked out in Ducks decorations absolutely covered in red slurpee, most of it melted in this disgusting looking red glaze. I mean there's a chance that a fellow Ducks fan had a personal vendetta against another but the betting odds are it was a pissed off Kings fan.

I am so sick of hearing about how shitty Vegas fans are because of a few drunk idiots.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
playoffs commence.....

It's so funny to me how when an unpopular team like the Ducks, Knights, or even the Maple Leafs do well in the regular season it doesn't mean anything because the playoffs are all that matter. And then a team like the ducks can make the conference finals twice in 3 years and they still suck cause they couldn't make the finals.

But then when one of those teams have a bad stretch of 5-6 or up to ten bad regular season games, it's all the evidence the masses need to proclaim them a shit team.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I never get why people generalize a whole fanbase based off of a few select people. Ths same thing pretty much happens on HF boards. Its 4 games into the season and we already get x team is amazing type of threads.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Vegas is a good team but I don't see the talent on their team any where near the Preds and Jets. That said that did not stop them from making it all the way to the cup final last year so what do I know?:)

I agree with your assessment about the talent level being greater on the Preds and Jets...no question there....but as a team, Vegas just seems to work.....I am still shocked that they beat the Jets last year in the playoffs.......I think teams are going to be very wary of facing the Knights in the playoffs again this upcoming year....

Reactions: PopaneNightscare

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Interesting assertion. It’s quite possible, considering the Las Vegas population is about twice Winnipeg’s there are actually more Vegas fans. Certainly Winnipeg has more long-time die-hard fans, so the passion statement may be overblown. But in certain metrics you could say Vegas is as popular as the Winnipeg Jets. Anyhow, impossible to say, really. But it’s not crazy to say Vegas has more fans, at least in name.
Obviously what I am saying cannot be proving scientifically but it isn't a reach to say the Knights have as many fans as the Jets and this coming from a team that has only been around for one year....

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->