Vegas Cinderella story is over

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I doubt it.

The Golden Knights are yesterday's news.

giphy.gif
There is just so much wrong in your post its not even funny.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
They accomplished last season what many franchises that have been in the league for decades never have, and nearly won the Stanley Cup. All because of the moronic expansion draft that Seattle is going to be getting as well. Joke.

They had no chance in the SCF. The miracle of the Knights were the refs. Ref love ran out after the title conference game. The Knights had the nerve to complain about not getting the calls like they were getting all season in the SCF.

What is going to suck is I don't think the refs will be up for it again in Seattle.

Reactions: tntkid and amethyst

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
How can it be over? They’re under two years in. Whatever the story is, it’s just started. Most expansion teams are drafting first overall after their first season, and they’re not in contention for a playoff spot In their second. And their goaltender isn’t at the top of the leaderboards in wins or shutouts. WTF are you talking about???

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
They had no chance in the SCF. The miracle of the Knights were the refs. Ref love ran out after the title conference game. The Knights had the nerve to complain about not getting the calls like they were getting all season in the SCF.

What is going to suck is I don't think the refs will be up for it again in Seattle.

Yeah...that was it! For sure!! It was all the ref's!!

Jesus...some of the posts in this thread are atrocious.

Reactions: Vegas07 and allevat

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Yeah...that was it! For sure!! It was all the ref's!!

Jesus...some of the posts in this thread are atrocious.
I mean we’ve had it’s the refs, the nhl gave them a certified cup contender that everyone always knew was a cup contender and all the teams got hammered and were playing hungover in Vegas. I felt they missed the grade a chance to see all the opposing teams were kidnapped by the government and experimented on in Area 51, which is why Vegas was good.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba

So many calls went the Golden Knights way last year by the refs and they did get special treatment.
Non calls on Vegas and bs calls on teams that played them to gift them powerplays.

Many other teams fans know this to be true about last season.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
So many calls went the Golden Knights way last year by the refs and they did get special treatment.
Non calls on Vegas and bs calls on teams that played them to gift them powerplays.

Many other teams fans know this to be true about last season.

WPG-Vegas WCF

Game 1 Penalties

VGK 7
WPG 4

Game 2

VGK 4
WPG 3

Game 3

VGK 4
WPG 4

Game 4

VGK 4
WPG 2

Game 5

VGK 4
WPG 2

Total penalties

VGK 23
WPG 16 (7 more powerplays than Vegas)

Yeah dude. The refs were definitely handing the Knights powerplays like candy and never calling them for anything.

Keep spreading these fairy tales. It doesn't make them true.

Last edited:

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Good. What a mockery they made of the league last season.

Honestly, this is why a lot of people don’t like big market team fans. Lots of entitlement, and I see it plenty in Boston too so don’t get me wrong but it’s a bad mentality to have

Vegas won games. End of story. You can’t be mad because your own superior team or teams you view as superior didn’t win it all.

This won’t be the first time a team made the finals and then missed the playoffs next year or got a top five pick and it wont be the last

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Honestly, this is why a lot of people don’t like big market team fans. Lots of entitlement, and I see it plenty in Boston too so don’t get me wrong but it’s a bad mentality to have

Vegas won games. End of story. You can’t be mad because your own superior team or teams you view as superior didn’t win it all.

This won’t be the first time a team made the finals and then missed the playoffs next year or got a top five pick and it wont be the last

Not that we've missed the playoffs yet. But it is a good point, in fact didn't LA miss the playoffs the year after winning the cup?

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Can’t wait when Vegas picks up another group of good players teams can’t protect for the next expansion draft.

The tears will end the Southwest drought for good

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Can’t wait when Vegas picks up another group of good players teams can’t protect for the next expansion draft.

The tears will end the Southwest drought for good

Huh?

Vegas doesn't get to pick players in the Seattle expansion draft. They just don't have to expose any players.

Though I would've laughed if Vegas missed the playoffs, won the draft lottery and got Jack Hughes. Doesn't seem likely at this point.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Huh?

Vegas doesn't get to pick players in the Seattle expansion draft. They just don't have to expose any players.

Though I would've laughed if Vegas missed the playoffs, won the draft lottery and got Jack Hughes. Doesn't seem likely at this point.

Poorly explained by me. Vegas doesn’t have to protect anyone. So teams that have players they OT want to lose for nothing will be shopping to get something...anything, for some of their assets. Vegas not having to expose players has an opportunity to grab those players

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Poorly explained by me. Vegas doesn’t have to protect anyone. So teams that have players they OT want to lose for nothing will be shopping to get something...anything, for some of their assets. Vegas not having to expose players has an opportunity to grab those players
Yeah I guess, but given their contract situation and the fact that Brannstrom and Glass will likely be in the NHL next year putting their ELC negotiations fairly close to the next expansion draft, I really doubt they're gonna go on a shopping spree for what will mostly be tertiary pieces.

The core for Vegas is more or less set at this point with Marchesseault, Pacioretty, Smith, Tuch, Schmidt, Theodore, Glass, Brannstrom, and Miller (puke unless he can turn this trash season around.)

Karlsson is either gonna bounce for more money or settle for less money to be a part of this core with the way his season is going.

In any case there's a lot of money tied up in those assets (or in the case of Glass and Brannstrom there will likely be a lot more)

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
WPG-Vegas WCF

Game 1 Penalties

VGK 7
WPG 4

Game 2

VGK 4
WPG 3

Game 3

VGK 4
WPG 4

Game 4

VGK 4
WPG 2

Game 5

VGK 4
WPG 2

Total penalties

VGK 23
WPG 16 (7 more powerplays than Vegas)

Yeah dude. The refs were definitely handing the Knights powerplays like candy and never calling them for anything.

Keep spreading these fairy tales. It doesn't make them true.

Even with Winnipeg's stories history, dude's gotta reach to justify that series.

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
I never get why people generalize a whole fanbase based off of a few select people. Ths same thing pretty much happens on HF boards. Its 4 games into the season and we already get x team is amazing type of threads.
Human nature. Simplify, Label.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Haven't they won 8 of their past 10? Yes, they've played more games. However, they're winning them in convincing fashion.

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
Yeah I guess, but given their contract situation and the fact that Brannstrom and Glass will likely be in the NHL next year putting their ELC negotiations fairly close to the next expansion draft, I really doubt they're gonna go on a shopping spree for what will mostly be tertiary pieces.

The core for Vegas is more or less set at this point with Marchesseault, Pacioretty, Smith, Tuch, Schmidt, Theodore, Glass, Brannstrom, and Miller (puke unless he can turn this trash season around.)

Karlsson is either gonna bounce for more money or settle for less money to be a part of this core with the way his season is going.

In any case there's a lot of money tied up in those assets (or in the case of Glass and Brannstrom there will likely be a lot more)
He has a point. GMGM will most likely try to pick up a goalie at that point, depending on what situation we have. Wild Bill will most likely want to stay for personal reasons as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad