Vegas Cinderella story is over

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Another W. Now 10 games above NHL .500.

It will be interesting to see how the Pacioretty - Stastny - Tuch line gels now that everyone is healthy. If the chemistry develops there, look out Western Conference.
Looked excellent tonight. Few more games will be real interesting.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
They sent Pirri down again. What the hell? I guess they feel that as an expansion team they can’t afford to lose anyone. Hasn’t Pirri scored about as many goals in a handful of games as Lindberg, Nosek and Carpenter combined?

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
They sent Pirri down again. What the hell? I guess they feel that as an expansion team they can’t afford to lose anyone. Hasn’t Pirri scored about as many goals in a handful of games as Lindberg, Nosek and Carpenter combined?
It's smart asset management in that they can make a trade without the pressure of having to put anyone on waivers, so they probably get more value from the player they move to make room for him (assuming that's what they're planning to do).

6 goals and 3 assists in 7 games, how can you not?

streitz

Jul 22, 2018
Don't watch the NHL anymore but....

WJ7SaEs.jpg

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Looked excellent tonight. Few more games will be real interesting.
Tuch has kind of been playing on cruise control lately though. I feel like with his sophomore success he's trying too hard to experiment with new ways to be productive instead of sticking to what he does best, using his size and speed to create chances for himself and his linemates. I mean sure, he made a good chip pass to start the play for the Patches goal but if that line is gonna be successful he needs to save the experimentation for blow out leads. Too many attempts to be cute out there the last few weeks.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It's smart asset management in that they can make a trade without the pressure of having to put anyone on waivers, so they probably get more value from the player they move to make room for him (assuming that's what they're planning to do).

6 goals and 3 assists in 7 games, how can you not?
Vegas is already in a tough spot roster wise just with Patches coming back but eventually Miller will draw back in. This was the problem they were supposed to face at the start of the year but with the Schmidt suspension and the merry go round of injuries they haven't had to until now.

Eventually a trade or waiver or both will have to be made, and my fingers are crossed that the first guy to get the axe is John Merrill. But I'm not optimistic because he inexplicably seems to be one of Gallant's "boys". Reminds me of Bieksa with Carlyle last year.

Reactions: hangman005

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Tuch has kind of been playing on cruise control lately though. I feel like with his sophomore success he's trying too hard to experiment with new ways to be productive instead of sticking to what he does best, using his size and speed to create chances for himself and his linemates. I mean sure, he made a good chip pass to start the play for the Patches goal but if that line is gonna be successful he needs to save the experimentation for blow out leads. Too many attempts to be cute out there the last few weeks.
He's been producing, but I would like to see a bit more more bull in a china shop as opposed to finesse. Not saying he shouldn't use finesse just that he should use his size a bit more.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

Full disclosure, I haven't seen him in a single game this season... But, hasn't this always been Brandon Pirri? Can score goals at will, but never sticks anywhere because scoring goals is the one single bit of a professional skill that he has?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Not really built to win right now but things are ahead of schedule. They're not as good right now as their record with Schmidt might indicate, and they weren't as bad as their record without him would suggest. Hopefully they can limit the amount of starts for Fleury in the 2nd half to less than 30.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Full disclosure, I haven't seen him in a single game this season... But, hasn't this always been Brandon Pirri? Can score goals at will, but never sticks anywhere because scoring goals is the one single bit of a professional skill that he has?
It was. He really worked on his game in the AHL. He's not some excellent defensive player or passer now but certainly he's improved enough in that regard to be an NHL regular.

Reactions: Fixxer

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I still can't believe some still doubted them after everything that went down last season.

Unbelievable :laugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Elite is the right way to describe it. This is the generational jinx thread:

Vegas = 2012 Coyotes?

The takeaway is that you should think long and hard before you count out Vegas.

This post was a gem

"It’s a freaking travesty that I have to watch a stupid expansion team from a lousy Pacific division play in the conference finals.

As a Jets fan, it’s nice that we’re getting a free ticket to the Stanley Cup, but as a hockey fan, I was bored to tears tonight"

Reactions: traparatus

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
This thread is some underrating the extremely powerful team PDO stat story.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
What kind of matchups have they been getting in that stretch?

Going by raw points rank at the time of this post:

25 (A) - W
3 (H) - W
8 (H) - W
28 (A) - W
18 (A) - W
22 (A) - L
6 (H) - W
28 (H) - W
27 (A) - L
16 (H) - W
12 (A) - W
24 (A) - OTL
23 (A) - W
11 (A) - L
12 (H) - W
14 (H) - OTL
27 (H) - OTL
15 (H) - W
27 (A) - W
25 (A) - W
27 (H) - W
17 (A) - W
24 (H) - W

While that schedule is a bit soft, they still have have gone 7-1-1 against teams at or above the median.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad