Vancouver Sports Media III

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
I imagine he might have a few things to write about since then.
I wish he would write another too. Al Strachan had a book out several years ago and was really interesting. I think Tony could do something similar with a more Vancouver based perspective.

skeena1

May 15, 2006
Unless it's something else I've missed i thought the beef there was Walker going on a long rant on air about discounting Carcillo's claims because of the type of player he was.

Basically attacking his character or discounting the fact that people can change, so his claims shouldn't matter.

skeena1

May 15, 2006
So scoop on Walker being abusive?

I think the point if Walker had done things in the workplace its been/being dealt with internally by Rogers. If he hasn't then Carcillo needs to step back.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Never listened to Walker... But that looks like Carcillo just looking for dirt to try and get Walker canceled. he fraises it in a way that looks like he has something in hopes that "someone else" will give him dirt but also in a way that no one can accuse him of saying anything liable. D bag move in this cancel culture.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
JD Burke apologized for this 2nd time this year about his fast and loose Twitter comments. Trying to f*** up as best he can this good thing he has going for him.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
JD Burke apologized for this 2nd time this year about his fast and loose Twitter comments. Trying to f*** up as best he can this good thing he has going for him.
I was trying to look up his Twitter rant against management when Carolina signed Jake Gardiner..(until he figured out that Gardiner was a LHD, and then he deleted all of his posts)

Also,when asked to confirm his Ryan Miller for a 9th..He refused to confirm it (citing protecting his sources)

This all gets spewed out, and gobbled up by the gullible portion of the fan base.

Doing a good job at solidifying his position as a media idiot.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
I was trying to look up his Twitter rant against management when Carolina signed Jake Gardiner..(until he figured out that Gardiner was a LHD, and then he deleted all of his posts)

Also,when asked to confirm his Ryan Miller for a 9th..He refused to confirm it (citing protecting his sources)

This all gets spewed out, and gobbled up by the gullible portion of the fan base.

Doing a good job at solidifying his position as a media idiot.

I actually agree with him a lot of the time on his hockey takes, I just don't feel he is a source for telling us what is going to happen. Doubling down on this loud mouth ego and marxist thing on twitter is going to doom him though. It is easy to offend people.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Someone want to tell me why Jake Virtanen is trending on twitter?

Poor guy can't catch a break.

He went out to a night club with some friends and put some video on social media.

Some are roasting him because they think it's irresponsible, others don't care. I've been out to a bar with a buddy in the last few weeks, where they limited capacity, tables were spaced, protected by plexiglass etc. That's what it looked like in his video.

(He was wearing a funny hat that said "worst crew ever" a throwback to the leipsic messages.)

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
He went out to a night club with some friends and put some video on social media.

Some are roasting him because they think it's irresponsible, others don't care. I've been out to a bar with a buddy in the last few weeks, where they limited caacity, tables were spaced, protected by plexiglass etc. That's what it looked like in his video.

(He was wearing a funny hat that said "worst crew ever" a throwback to the leipsic messages.)

Jake Virtanen: just being a normal guy his age doing what he is allowed to do with public health guidelines

Social Media: :nono:

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Do you think of you asked Rick Dhaliwal or Elliott Friedman to tell you their sources they would?

Dhaliwal and Freidmans reputable comments are considered honest by the general media..Obviously, Burkes takes are not.
It's a false rumour (Miller for a 9th) unsupported by the general sports media... Its author also refuses to confirm it....It is only alive and well in the management thread...( by roughly a dozen gullible posters).

Last edited:
Reactions: m9

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
Before Dhaliwal, Friedman, et al earned their reputations, they still would have protected their sources. Or else they would have quickly lost them.

Obviously, Burkes takes are not.

In your opinion. Also the author confirmed the rumor, not sure where you read they didn't.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Before Dhaliwal, Friedman, et al earned their reputations, they still would have protected their sources. Or else they would have quickly lost them.

In your opinion. Also the author confirmed the rumor, not sure where you read they didn't.
Does Burke have a 'reputation'.?...Yes, I believe he does...Putting him in the same category of established reporters Dhaliwal and Friedman is asinine..

Hf's LucBourdon interviewed Burke, and asked Burke flat out .."Can you confirm the rumour..?"...Burke declined...(maybe we can ask him to dig it up).

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
This encapsulates the whole thing. Jake did nothing wrong. In fact, his hat throwing shade at Leipsic should be the real story - nicely done.
I’m just surprised it took me actually reading an article on it to find out it was Celebrities he was at

I would have thought I would have seen some “ha ha ha jake is gay” stuff :laugh:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg

Some are roasting him because they think it's irresponsible, others don't care. I've been out to a bar with a buddy in the last few weeks, where they limited capacity, tables were spaced, protected by plexiglass etc. That's what it looked like in his video.

I just checked on the hat, the Leipsic thing killed me. What a legacy Leipsic has... XD

Weirds me out considering my friend knew him super well and met him a few times, wasn't surprised when it happened just shocked. But it's even weirder that he's the face of scumbag-misogynist hockey players.

Last edited:
Reactions: rypper

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I’m just surprised it took me actually reading an article on it to find out it was Celebrities he was at

I would have thought I would have seen some “ha ha ha jake is gay” stuff :laugh:

I’m hopeful it’s a mark that we are starting to move away from that - although it could just be that people don’t know it’s a gay club.

It’s a nice spot with a fun atmosphere. My wife and I used to go with friends pretty frequently when we lived in Vancouver.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
Does Burke have a 'reputation'.?...Yes, I believe he does...Putting him in the same category of established reporters Dhaliwal and Friedman is asinine..

Hf's LucBourdon interviewed Burke, and asked Burke flat out .."Can you confirm the rumour..?"...Burke declined...(maybe we can ask him to dig it up).

I'm talking about his reputation as someone breaking news. Someone building sources in the market.

The Canucks were reportedly offered the 9th overall pick in 2015 from San Jose in exchange for Ryan Miller, but turned it down. It’s possible other pieces were involved, but those were the main pieces the deal was centred around. I mentioned it in an article at the time and it caught fire with a certain portion of the internet, mainly because they thought I made it up, but I had permission from the media member I heard it from to publicize it.

Here's the originator of the rumour confirming it.

Monday Mailbag: Goodbye Edition

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad