Vancouver Sports Media III

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
The ratings came out, and got even worse. Both stations did poorly, but 650 basically lost almost all their listeners.

Yep. There's a reason why you see "morning drive" and "weekday drive" in the promos. 1040 even moved Halford and Brough show to start at 6. If people aren't driving to work they aren't tuning into the radio stations.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Where's all the up and coming sports radio people to take some of these positions from these dinosaurs

Reactions: vanuck

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Where's all the up and coming sports radio people to take some of these positions from these dinosaurs
I'll listen to Ferraro any day, but yeah I agree that most of these guys could probably be replaced by younger and smarter folks and their respective stations would hardly miss a beat. Maybe we'll see some of the folks running podcasts now switch over in the future?

Edit: @RIP Botchford where you at. ;)

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I wonder what the median age is for sports talk radio listeners in Vancouver. In the states, according to a study Nielson did in 2018, the median age is like 44. The latest ratings actually have Taylor & Moj doing better than Halford and Brough.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I wonder what the median age is for sports talk radio listeners in Vancouver. In the states, according to a study Nielson did in 2018, the median age is like 44. The latest ratings actually have Taylor & Moj doing better than Halford and Brough.
That’s because taylor and moj aren’t any worse than halford and brough. These things can go either way.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
How many people here partake in Canucks social media? Twitter, instagram, tiktok, Facebook etc. Some of the debates that rage on there surprise me considering there's faces and names behind accounts.

The larschcast pod members specifically seem to be at war with people.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
How many people here partake in Canucks social media? Twitter, instagram, tiktok, Facebook etc. Some of the debates that rage on there surprise me considering there's faces and names behind accounts.

They are a bunch of idiots. Tej telling Shane O'Brian about his "battle" with JD Burke was extremely embarrassing and giving Tanbir a platform is not helping either but they are all of the same mold. Pretend to know it all, everyone who is just the slightest bit of critical of the Canucks is just a hater and not a real fan.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

That is interesting, but when you Reduce the number of commuters (either via driving or riding public transit who listen on their phones), it minimizes the inherit advantage that the morning and post work shows have over the mid-day show. Now, people listen to whomever they truly want to listen to because they don't have that 20-60 minute commute each way twice a day. Instead of driving in the morning, people are waking up that 20-60 minutes later. If you typically woke up at 6:30am and left at 7:15 to get to the office by 8am, then you can wake up at 7:15 and do your morning routine and breakfast and log onto your computer at 8am. So, now you've skipped the entire morning show that you would have listened to.

What it does is maybe then put the advantage towards the station on the next contract negotiations as the station can say to Price/Sekeras and Halford/Brough, hey, look back when Covid-19 was going on, your ratings were basically even with Donnie/Moj. So, we can almost put anyone in those time slots and do well.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
They are a bunch of idiots. Tej telling Shane O'Brian about his "battle" with JD Burke was extremely embarrassing and giving Tanbir a platform is not helping either but they are all of the same mold. Pretend to know it all, everyone who is just the slightest bit of critical of the Canucks is just a hater and not a real fan.

Those guys keep making so many unforced errors.

Tej's optometry practice are "the official eye doctors for the Vancouver Canucks" so it's even more funny that they spend their time shouting down any criticism of a team that has a financial relationship with them.

Last edited:

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

I don't partake at all but the average intelligence of fans who comment is just... yikes. Twitter seems to be a little better with some hit and miss, but Facebook is generally just trash. Although I'm aware that there tends to be a vocal minority kind of effect with these things oftentimes.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Carcillo/Walker thing is getting interesting now as Dan has basically implied he's going to take legal action.

skeena1

May 15, 2006
Walker apologized and Carcillo accepted it. Interesting to see what happens with Carcillo's earlier comments about Walker's alleged workplace behaviour.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Walker apologized and Carcillo accepted it. Interesting to see what happens with Carcillo's earlier comments about Walker's alleged workplace behaviour.

As an aside (this is obviously not the important issue here), the transcription of the remarks that Walker made shows him to be startlingly inarticulate. Speaking in sentences off the cuff may be more difficult than it seems, but this level of confusion is Cherryesque.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
What's the scoop behind Carcillo's accusation of abuse by Walker? Is he referring to work place behaviour or just things Walker said about certain players what are untrue and Walker refused to apologize for?

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
What's the scoop behind Carcillo's accusation of abuse by Walker? Is he referring to work place behaviour or just things Walker said about certain players what are untrue and Walker refused to apologize for?

Unless it's something else I've missed i thought the beef there was Walker going on a long rant on air about discounting Carcillo's claims because of the type of player he was.

Basically attacking his character or discounting the fact that people can change, so his claims shouldn't matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad