Vancouver Sports Media III

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Continue here.

Previous Thread 1: Vancouver Sports Media Thread
Previous Thread 2: Vancouver Sports Media

Quotes from previous thread:

I like this idea actually - Arndt's been around forever on social media and his tone is definitely closer to Botchford's than other writers I've seen.

For those who haven't come across it yet, Real Good Show founder – and HF Canucks alum – Justin Morissette has begun a daily podcast called Locked on Canucks (not his name, it's part of a network). The first few have just been him, but he says he'll eventually have guests on, and he's always good a pretty good handle on things. Also when he isn't working under the Sportsnet mantle he can be way more brutally honest about management.

We have more podcasts than fans

That just adds to the conversations we can have.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Like even if I worked for a radio station, his is me stating a bad podcast being bad a violation?

JD Burke has helped me a lot in my young career and the way that Tej or whatever his name treats him is f***ed.

Tej also made up a bogus Erik Karlsson lash summer, so to me he has zero credibility.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Like even if I worked for a radio station, his is me stating a bad podcast being bad a violation?

JD Burke has helped me a lot in my young career and the way that Tej or whatever his name treats him is ****ed.

Tej also made up a bogus Erik Karlsson lash summer, so to me he has zero credibility.
Not accusing you of anything... was trying to remember what your role was in media... and whether you had stated who you were affiliated with...

In terms of your example...Not a violation, of course...
More like a conflict of interest... unless transparent of your interests... cuz i think you or someone else had stated or suggested as such.

But as state your JD Burke relation, I'm thinking I had the right guy...
But obviously now you state you're unemployed... so anyways...

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Not accusing you of anything... was trying to remember what your role was in media... and whether you had stated who you were affiliated with...

In terms of your example...Not a violation, of course...
More like a conflict of interest... unless transparent of your interests... cuz i think you or someone else had stated or suggested as such.

But as state your JD Burke relation, I'm thinking I had the right guy...
But obviously now you state you're unemployed... so anyways...

I’m a student in my last year, so I go on internships at stations, I was at Sportsnet for all of September.

Reactions: cookiefest

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I thought Corey Hirsch was improving last season. Now I think he's doing about as well as anyone you'd pull in off the street to do colour on a game. He just doesn't have the personality and quickness on his feet to do the job. It's too bad because he seems like a good guy.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I thought Corey Hirsch was improving last season. Now I think he's doing about as well as anyone you'd pull in off the street to do colour on a game. He just doesn't have the personality and quickness on his feet to do the job. It's too bad because he seems like a good guy.
He’s actually a really really nice guy FWIW

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I thought Hirsch was actually pretty decent when he was being used as an intermission analyst on Sportsnet a couple years back but he's just woefully miscast as a colour commentator.

Being able to prepare a take ahead of time and then delivering it over a couple minutes in a studio is a completely different aptitude from being able to weave into games as a colour guy and provide succinct analysis on the spot.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Dhaliwal has good contacts with the team and is a good follow on Twitter but he's not my favorite on radio. Hope it works out for him, though.

Last edited:

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
If Andrew Walker still has a job when Dhaliwal is cut I'm never listening to a second of Sportsnet 650 again, and I already regret having done so in the past

Reactions: sexydonut

Kassattack

Low expectations
Sep 13, 2014
Victoria
Looks like Sat may finally have a chance of a good co-host.

How Walker still has a job is mindblowing to me, the guy may have single handedly tanked 650's chances of ever winning an afternoon radio ratings battle with TSN.

Reactions: sexydonut

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->