Vancouver Sports Media III

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I also think Ferraro was far from the only one declaring the Canucks in trouble after Game 4 of each series, which is most likely the time of his most negative comments.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I also think Ferraro was far from the only one declaring the Canucks in trouble after Game 4 of each series, which is most likely the time of his most negative comments.
Regardless of Ray’s criticism of the Canucks (specifically Benning) he’s still great. 650 should offer him big money to be the hockey anchor on their morning show. Put Ray and Scotty together. (Like they did fir six months on 1040 years ago. Hire Pratt to be on the drive home show, and put him with Sat Shaw. Love to hear
Sat beat up on Pratt again too. And stop spending so much time talking about sports other than hockey!

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Ferraro actually works for TSN, not just the local station, so he can't be appearing on 650AM anytime soon.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yeah, Ferraro is too big and too good for local radio.

Having him do morning radio here was like when a top prospect plays in a lower league than they should be playing in so you just have to enjoy it while it lasts.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Ferraro actually works for TSN, not just the local station, so he can't be appearing on 650AM anytime soon.
He can quit TSN if the money and term are better at 650, which is a Rogers company, so he could still do games on weekends if he wanted to keep his foot in the door of that part. 650 needs to dump their crap hosts, and hire guys with character. Ray has character, and he played 18 NHL seasons and scored 400 goals. Their are few guys with his combination of hockey experience and on air talents.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
He can quit TSN if the money and term are better at 650, which is a Rogers company, so he could still do games on weekends if he wanted to keep his foot in the door of that part. 650 needs to dump their crap hosts, and hire guys with character. Ray has character, and he played 18 NHL seasons and scored 400 goals. Their are few guys with his combination of hockey experience and on air talents.

That's true but i think he'd have to get out of a contract to leave TSN. But it sure seems like most of the guys are happy at TSN and aren't in hurry to leave. When the switch happened you didn't see Duthie or anyone jumping ship.

I do agree that 650 needs to change things up and once they no longer have the hockey rights they'll completely sink away.

Reactions: Luckylarry

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I don't think 650 pays their hosts all that much. Certainly, I don't think Ferraro would enjoy being confined to working a radio slot 5 days a week when he could make money calling in when he's driving to somewhere. Sportsnet has also cut their hockey on air talents recently. I highly doubt Sportsnet is interested in spending money to to hire Ferraro away from TSN.

Reactions: m9

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Ferraro should be working in the head office, not next to Andrew f***ing Moron Walker

Reactions: rypper

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
It's crazy to me that after the first round of underwhelming ratings, 650 ditched Jawn Jang and Dhaliwal, and not deadweight like Walker and Cybulsky.

I like Sat Shah (and Solkowski) but that station is basically a bunch of transplanted Toronto guys and it shows.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
I always enjoy listening to Ray Ferraro ..even when he is critical of management, he always has a well thought out reason to back up his criticism...However, in these playoffs , his read on the Canucks team was consistently horrible..every time he went on TV/Radio predicting the Canucks would get stomped, the exact opposite happened.

Ray was a Canuck fan growing up, but sometimes it seems like he's got a real bug up his ass regarding the Canucks.
Ray was by far the most friendly and “human” of any of the on air talent, and even players, that came by the office. Lots of great stories and always ready to share them with any of us. Massive respect for the guy and love watching him, and seeing him do Color as well.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
It's crazy to me that after the first round of underwhelming ratings, 650 ditched Jawn Jang and Dhaliwal, and not deadweight like Walker and Cybulsky.

I like Sat Shah (and Solkowski) but that station is basically a bunch of transplanted Toronto guys and it shows.

That first round of firings was likely related to contracts and the cheapest way out to reduce the staff. Walker is from Winnipeg though I think but it doesnt change the fact that he is an idiot who has no real opinion (or at least not voicing it) but rather just goes for the most controversial one to create interest.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't think either Jang or Dhaliwal are great on the radio so I was fine with those moves.

I actually don't mind Walker either. Sat/Walker is my 3rd favorite show out there behind Sekeres/Price & Halford/Brough. It's the least of 650's problems.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I don't think either Jang or Dhaliwal are great on the radio so I was fine with those moves.

I actually don't mind Walker either. Sat/Walker is my 3rd favorite show out there behind Sekeres/Price & Halford/Brough. It's the least of 650's problems.
Dhaliwal is great! Stupid fir 650 to let him go. Of course 1040 gobbles him up right away.
650 needs to dump most of their guys until Sat and Walker come on.
Two morning guys are horrifyingly awful.
Rintoul is okay, but he needs a hockey expert fir a co-host
Riccio has to go back to the Big Smoke.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Dhaliwal is great! Stupid fir 650 to let him go. Of course 1040 gobbles him up right away.
650 needs to dump most of their guys until Sat and Walker come on.
Two morning guys are horrifyingly awful.
Rintoul is okay, but he needs a hockey expert fir a co-host
Riccio has to go back to the Big Smoke.

Dhaliwal is a good guy and he seems to have some Canuck connections, but I don't think he's good on the radio. You wouldn't want him on a regular show, but he is fun to listen to.

Kind of the opposite of Rintoul, who actually seems good at his job but I don't have any interest in listening to him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Rintoul needs a co-host.

rick D, he has connections to agents and will always support them in order to continue getting information, so you have to take it with a grain of salt.

C-Ball he sounds like he’s about to choke when he says more than 5-6 words. SN has been on for 3 years now. Wonder what kind of term they gave the hosts that are still around when they started up?

based on the ratings they should be doing something to change it up.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Time has passed pratt, he would make a good call in guest but shouldn't get another show at this point.
Pratt knows little to nothing about hockey. He never played sports at any competitive level. He comes across as an idiot. But he’s entertaining, and 650 needs that. Sat and Pratt would be excellent entertainment. A younger, common sense guy who knows his stuff battling it out every day with the bombastic older (foolish) guy who knows little. Total entertainment.

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
I always enjoy listening to Ray Ferraro ..even when he is critical of management, he always has a well thought out reason to back up his criticism...However, in these playoffs , his read on the Canucks team was consistently horrible..every time he went on TV/Radio predicting the Canucks would get stomped, the exact opposite happened.

Ray was a Canuck fan growing up, but sometimes it seems like he's got a real bug up his ass regarding the Canucks.
Maybe youre being sensitive

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
how we like harman dayal

not an athelctic sub so haven't read much of his articles but he seems pretty on-point with most of his analysis and has a solid ability to break things down in simpler terms for any casual hockey fan to understand

only 20 y/o atm

Reactions: m9

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
how we like harman dayal

not an athelctic sub so haven't read much of his articles but he seems pretty on-point with most of his analysis and has a solid ability to break things down in simpler terms for any casual hockey fan to understand

only 20 y/o atm

Botch nicknamed him the "boy genius" a very fitting moniker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad