Vancouver Sports Media III

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
He doesn't pass the beer test for me. Sure, he knows his shit, but would I want to have a beer and watch the game with him? Personally, nope. So why would I want to have him in my ear for long periods?

I don't get this criteria. I mean do I want to have a beer with someone with interesting stories and adventures to tell and watch a game with him or someone who wants to talk and debate about sports 24/7? I'll take the former. Do I want to listen to someone talking about things that happened in his life on sports talk radio? Not really.

Reactions: MS

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
He doesn't pass the beer test for me. Sure, he knows his shit, but would I want to have a beer and watch the game with him? Personally, nope. So why would I want to have him in my ear for long periods?

I think if we applied the beer test he would be just as likely to be flipped off by the end of the night, due to his completely unlikable nature.

Reactions: victoriacanucker

Green Blank Stare

Drance approved coach
May 16, 2019
I thought Harman Dayal's piece today on The Athletic was pure fluff garbage as far as the Travis Green section was concerned. Basically skimmed over any criticisms besides a passing mention of keeping Loui on the second line. Nothing about the over-reliance on the fourth line; nothing about the turtling every time the team has a lead; praises what he's done with the young players for giving them a chance. <--- Is he serious? Green didn't have a choice after a while because the vets are so garbage. He buried Gaudette and sent him down to the AHL to start the season. Kept Hughes off PP1 so Edler could blindly fire shots from the blue line until a stadium revolt was imminent. Kept Virtanen buried on the third line behind Loui's bum ass most of the season. MacEwan's shown more in limited minutes than Sutter, Beagle or Loui all season and he barely gets any ice time.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Yup Sekeres and Price vs Andrew Walker and Satiar Shah.

1040's relatively new time slot makes it hard to compare though. Sekeres and Price are on from 2-6p.m. Reach Deep is on from 1-4 p.m. I would like to see Sekeres and Price go head to head with Walker and Shah.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Hey guys I'm interning at Save On Radio and have been given on-air time. If you like my takes/posts would really encourage you to tune in 12-2 from Monday-Thursday, mostly talk Canucks and hockey. Give it a listen and tell me what you think.

Link: Save On Radio
If you’re tired of listening to the same mid day radio shows come thru, I’m on the air at 12 and we talk Canucks for two hours.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I thought Harman Dayal's piece today on The Athletic was pure fluff garbage as far as the Travis Green section was concerned. Basically skimmed over any criticisms besides a passing mention of keeping Loui on the second line. Nothing about the over-reliance on the fourth line; nothing about the turtling every time the team has a lead; praises what he's done with the young players for giving them a chance. <--- Is he serious? Green didn't have a choice after a while because the vets are so garbage. He buried Gaudette and sent him down to the AHL to start the season. Kept Hughes off PP1 so Edler could blindly fire shots from the blue line until a stadium revolt was imminent. Kept Virtanen buried on the third line behind Loui's bum ass most of the season. MacEwan's shown more in limited minutes than Sutter, Beagle or Loui all season and he barely gets any ice time.

I dont understand wtf has happened to Harman...

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I hate password time. Doesn't help when he sounds so annoying when saying it. Flip channels every time it starts.
How about their “about last night” segment where they make a bunch of sexual innuendos? Real quality shit. :rolleyes:

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
They thought it came from playing with the Sedins, which I’m quite certain is not the case (the bra goal was a wicked behind-the-back pass from Jan Bulis, for example). They even talked about “three redheads lining up together”.

If anything, Kesler undersold it, said something like “6 goals in 10 games” (it was 6 in 4!) and made it sound like bras getting thrown was a regular thing that season – I’m pretty sure it happened just the one time, or maybe one other.

This shows you something that most fans remember and the actual players don’t. Use this mentality when you’re mad we lost a big game or don’t make the playoffs. Fans are more upset than the players, 100%. They have played 10,000 hockey games since they were kids. They are rich regardless. They don’t care nearly as much as most fans do.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

I wouldn’t wanna have a beer with probably any of them, except Ivanka Osmak.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Did JPat and TG talk post game last night? I’m in Mexico and game cut out after the collapse but before the Post game presser. Did they make up those 2?

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
I hate password time. Doesn't help when he sounds so annoying when saying it. Flip channels every time it starts.
Is it any worse than the constant game show themes Sekers and Price put out there? Hot Take this, Welcome Matt, Tell Me I'm Wrong, Errors, The Jury thing....it's amazing they throw out "have a conversation" as much as they do when it seems they're mostly having novelty slots filled.

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
Did JPat and TG talk post game last night? I’m in Mexico and game cut out after the collapse but before the Post game presser. Did they make up those 2?
I did hear them talk and didn't hear one hard hitting question. Usually things like, "how important is it to score goals?" Oh very important......

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
This shows you something that most fans remember and the actual players don’t. Use this mentality when you’re mad we lost a big game or don’t make the playoffs. Fans are more upset than the players, 100%. They have played 10,000 hockey games since they were kids. They are rich regardless. They don’t care nearly as much as most fans do.

This is true for the Loui Eriksons but not so much for the Sidney Crosbys.

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
I seem to recall he came in as an intern for Taylor and McDonald and I guess they took a shine to him.
Ryan Henderson is the worst. His voice is annoying at best and his laughter in the background is excruciatingly irritating to listen to. Donnie, Moj and Henderson are a gong show. Complete waste of time.

member 290103

It’s weird too how invested fans of the Oilers and Flames are in enjoying the Canucks losing...and trolling their fan boards to denigrate the fans, all players, ownership, management, etc.

Reactions: tyhee

member 290103

Ryan Henderson is the worst. His voice is annoying at best and his laughter in the background is excruciatingly irritating to listen to. Donnie, Moj and Henderson are a gong show. Complete waste of time.

100%. The show is put on purely for the enjoyment of these three individuals. They seem to care less that they have an audience.

Reactions: Makar27

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2