Proposal: Vancouver Canucks-Winnipeg Jets ("A Hockey Trade")

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Zero chance Vancouver trades their first this year. Draft is in Vancouver and the Canucks have a chance at drafting Hughes.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
well, one more year of being really bad could give the Canucks what looks like a formidable young core along the lines of what Winnipeg and Toronto have built. I think a Hughes/Cozens/Kakko level prospect in addition to what you already have should be enough for a solid core, plus there should be cap space to bring in UFA talent - this last year's free agency I think was just getting human shields for the kids, he overpaid for them but really think that's of little consequence in the grand scheme

I'd like to see Vancouver be one of the up and coming young franchises, Edmonton should right the ship this year and Winnipeg should be formidable. I'd like to see some all Canadian finals in the next 3-6 years
Completely agree, we need one more true top 6 forward and to overhaul the defence still to even be really on the upswing of the rebuild. But bottoming out hopefully gets JB fired- plus we add a good forward at the top of the draft.

Additionally we have all of these guys on expiring deals- if JB can't unload a good amount of them for draft picks then he really is as inept as we all know he is:
Edler, MDZ, Pouliot, Hutton, Granlund, Leipsic, Gaunce, Nilson, Motte, Goldobin

Plus Tanev to Toronto will pick up again by the TDL. We should but probably won't be primed with lots of draft ammunition for the new GM who actually has a clue what they are doing to really draft well.

Ideally from this early on, getting even just a 1st for Edler would be awesome if we can snag Honka at that pick plus a top 5 forward pick would go a long way.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Completely agree, we need one more true top 6 forward and to overhaul the defence still to even be really on the upswing of the rebuild. But bottoming out hopefully gets JB fired- plus we add a good forward at the top of the draft.

Additionally we have all of these guys on expiring deals- if JB can't unload a good amount of them for draft picks then he really is as inept as we all know he is:
Edler, MDZ, Pouliot, Hutton, Granlund, Leipsic, Gaunce, Nilson, Motte, Goldobin

Plus Tanev to Toronto will pick up again by the TDL. We should but probably won't be primed with lots of draft ammunition for the new GM who actually has a clue what they are doing to really draft well.

Ideally from this early on, getting even just a 1st for Edler would be awesome if we can snag Honka at that pick plus a top 5 forward pick would go a long way.
agree with the direction, this should be a bottom out year and the Canucks should focus on getting futures for current contributors. There may be a few players on that list that are young enough to keep around like Hutton, Leipsic, Goldolbin but I agree on max returns for the rest. It could be worse (see Ottawa or Montreal) but this should be a bad year for the Canucks followed by a steady rise up to contention if the team is managed well

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
agree with the direction, this should be a bottom out year and the Canucks should focus on getting futures for current contributors. There may be a few players on that list that are young enough to keep around like Hutton, Leipsic, Goldolbin but I agree on max returns for the rest. It could be worse (see Ottawa or Montreal) but this should be a bad year for the Canucks followed by a steady rise up to contention if the team is managed well
Key phrase "if managed well"- JB is not the man to follow that through.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
If I was guaranteed 70 games+both seasons from Tanev I'd probably say yes to this. A legit chance at a top 5 pick is worth the difference in performance between Trouba and Tanev.

If this wasn't such a "win before the team gets too expensive" season for the Jets it's an immediate no brainer

Oh that's so nice of you, ya know because this would be an absolute rip off by your team, but yah so nice that you'd be willing to do it....

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Key phrase "if managed well"- JB is not the man to follow that through.

Trades and signing's aside, his drafting has been pretty decent and he has stated he won't give up any more picks like this.
Nor has he ever traded a 1st rounder, so really your statement is false.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Vancouver Canucks-Winnipeg Jets ("A Hockey Trade")

To Vancouver: Jacob Trouba + Winnipeg's 1st
To Winnipeg: Chris Tanev + Vancouver's 1st

Absolutely horrible trade for the Canucks, Trouba doesn't re-sign here, so basically we get a late 1st and we give up a lottery pick and a top 4 dman.

No chance. Any jets fan saying they wouldn't do this is out of there mind.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Trades and signing's aside, his drafting has been pretty decent and he has stated he won't give up any more picks like this.
Nor has he ever traded and 1st rounder, so really your statement is false.
It is 100% not false- a GM has more to do than just drafting. Even in that sense when picking in the top end he's nailed the EP and potentially Hughes picks but completely ruined the Virtanen and Juolevi picks.

As for giving up picks, I will believe it when I see it. Almost every trade he has an unnecessary throw in pick or targets project players. Of course he hasn't traded a 1st rounder- the teams he has assembled are always so bad that it's in the top 10 of the draft- where a potential top end talent is available (2/4 success rate). The one year he didn't have a high pick he nailed on Boeser- so yes his drafting is the only thing he is adequate at when it comes to being an NHL GM. Therefore my statement is fundamentally true and he does not manage this team well.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Oh that's so nice of you, ya know because this would be an absolute rip off by your team, but yah so nice that you'd be willing to do it....

And a 5th overall pick would be a steal for 2 years of Connor McDavid that doesn't mean it makes sense for the Canucks.

I was speaking from a standpoint of what fits Winnipeg's window not about fair value in a vacuum

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Any Canucks fan saying the Jets would do this is out of their minds. You don't give up a young, top pairing RHD, for a defenseman that is breaking down and a pick. Contending teams don't make trades that make them worse.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
It is 100% not false- a GM has more to do than just drafting. Even in that sense when picking in the top end he's nailed the EP and potentially Hughes picks but completely ruined the Virtanen and Juolevi picks.

As for giving up picks, I will believe it when I see it. Almost every trade he has an unnecessary throw in pick or targets project players. Of course he hasn't traded a 1st rounder- the teams he has assembled are always so bad that it's in the top 10 of the draft- where a potential top end talent is available (2/4 success rate). The one year he didn't have a high pick he nailed on Boeser- so yes his drafting is the only thing he is adequate at when it comes to being an NHL GM. Therefore my statement is fundamentally true and he does not manage this team well.

You assumed he would trade a 1st rounder, that's what the original post in this is about no? He has never traded a 1st rounder before so yah, your statement is false.

Lately he has only given up mid round picks which amount to almost no NHL success, lately he has not given up anything higher, so believe it as it's happening.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Any Canucks fan saying the Jets would do this is out of their minds. You don't give up a young, top pairing RHD, for a defenseman that is breaking down and a pick. Contending teams don't make trades that make them worse.

So what if he doesn't wanna stay? Canucks are just as equally disgusted by this proposal

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
You assumed he would trade a 1st rounder, that's what the original post in this is about no? He has never traded a 1st rounder before so yah, your statement is false.

Lately he has only given up mid round picks which amount to almost no NHL success, lately he has not given up anything higher, so believe it as it's happening.
In responding to a dumb proposal from both teams perspective yes I did say we would keep the pick. At no point did I say he would trade it so I don't know what you're getting at. JB is a moron, but I give him enough credit that this would be an awful trade for us to make where we currently are and how bad we have looked in the pre-season. At no point did I ever say he has traded a first either so you're really just pulling crap out of thin air. If you think JB has done a good job that's fine, we definitely disagree.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
So what if he doesn't wanna stay? Canucks are just as equally disgusted by this proposal
I understand that. I don't think the trade makes sense for Vancouver either. I was just pointing out that an earlier poster who said this was a good deal for the Jets was absolutely wrong.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

No bud your out of your mind, Trouba ain't resigning and and the pick you speak of will top ten, if not top 3, which never get traded and all they get back is a player who won't re-sign and a late 1st, not sure how you don't understand that.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
In responding to a dumb proposal from both teams perspective yes I did say we would keep the pick. At no point did I say he would trade it so I don't know what you're getting at. JB is a moron, but I give him enough credit that this would be an awful trade for us to make where we currently are and how bad we have looked in the pre-season. At no point did I ever say he has traded a first either so you're really just pulling crap out of thin air. If you think JB has done a good job that's fine, we definitely disagree.

Guess I read something wrong, thought you meant JB would trade the 1st and screw it up.

For the record I don't think he has done a good job with signings or trades, his drafting which can be greatly contributed to Mr Brackett has been pretty damn good and that includes picks outside the top 10.

Reactions: THE Green Man

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
No bud your out of your mind, Trouba ain't resigning and and the pick you speak of will top ten, if not top 3, which never get traded and all they get back is a player who won't re-sign and a late 1st, not sure how you don't understand that.
Sorry bud, you're the one who is out his mind. It doesn't matter to the Jets if Trouba won't resign with Vancouver. No contending team, like Winnipeg is giving up a top pairing, young RHD for a pick that won't help them for at least 3 years. It makes the Jets worse to do that. I'm not sure how you don't understand that.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Sorry bud, you're the one who is out his mind. It doesn't matter to the Jets if Trouba won't resign with Vancouver. No contending team, like Winnipeg is giving up a top pairing, young RHD for a pick that won't help them for at least 3 years. It makes the Jets worse to do that. I'm not sure how you don't understand that.

Actually I think the jets would do it. A top 3 pick keeps the window open longer, and you don’t want to lose Trouba for nothing. And if you hit the first pick, that player can step in immediately

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Actually I think the jets would do it. A top 3 pick keeps the window open longer, and you don’t want to lose Trouba for nothing. And if you hit the first pick, that player can step in immediately
Not a chance.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
So you made a mock trade that was Boeser for Jost, Makar and some picks, that went about as well as anyone expected. Then you tried to sell the Tanev for Trouba swap the first time a while ago and again, that went as well as anyone expected. Now I look and see that you made a mock trade thats Boeser for Draisaitl and then again trying to sell your Tanev-Trouba swap.

I can't tell if you're actually serious or if you're a troll. Either way, stahp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad