Proposal: Vancouver Canucks-Winnipeg Jets ("A Hockey Trade")

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Vancouver obviously would have zero interest in this.

As for Winnipeg it's a tough call. It's very, very likely to be a Top 5 pick. Vancouver looks locked as the worst team in the West. Yeah Trouba is great and yeah Winnipeg wants to win this season, BUT the core is still super young. Imagine them winning Jack Hughes and having him cost-controlled for years. I think it's a risk you make if you want to win a Cup. Yeah, Vancouver could be this year's Avs and drop to a mid first rounder (which would not be good), but it's not likely.
It's not a tough call for Winnipeg. We don't have any interest in Chris Tanev and his brittle, frail mess of a skeletal system. I don't think anybody does.

OP is asking the Jets to trade a young 1D and a 1st to move up in the draft and also take on a cap dump. In our window.

It's a really really easy call.

Reactions: cg98

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Nope if I'm vancouver I hold onto that pick. Even if you trade Trouba for Tanev that pick could still be #1. Never know.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I don't think the Canucks should be trading that pick right now.

Can you imagine if Nucks make this trade and end up giving the Jets the 1st overall pick? LOL
People would instantly forget about everything Montreal, Edmonton and Ottawa's GMs had done over the past 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad