Vancouver Canucks COVID-19 Breakout (No unrelated covid talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Should have just cancel the season for Canucks... so many games now till end of season,, back to back every week and u expect the players will be healthy to play at a high level..

I have yet to see someone offer a practical way to make that happen. The Habs have already played their games against the 'Nucks and went 6-3. You gonna take those points away when they're in 4th? Edmonton and Calgary still have 5 games left against them. You gonna award them or deny them those points when Calgary is in 5th chasing Montreal?

And let's say you erase all of Vancouver's games from this season's schedule and either deduct or auto-award points to the remaining 6 teams, how do you seed the 2 teams that come out of the North against the rest of the league in the 3rd round?

It's impossible to address all of these problems. They have no choice but to finish Vancouver's season somehow or cancel the entire league. Or just have a complete circus I guess because that's what it would be if their season was canceled.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
The updated schedule is brutal for Vancouver. Also taking into account many players being bed-ridden recently, and the possibility of lingering fatigue from the virus for the players, it just seems like a needless risk. The Canucks aren't going to make the playoffs. Why not just call their season and focus on player health?
For someone who has it right now, theirs no way these players will be 100% I haven't seen the updated schedule but I'm guessing a lot of back to backs in a short period of time. Yeah theirs no point either bring guys from the minors or just call it they're not making it to the post season.

Reactions: SiZ

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
I have yet to see someone offer a practical way to make that happen. The Habs have already played their games against the 'Nucks and went 6-3. You gonna take those points away when they're in 4th? Edmonton and Calgary still have 5 games left against them. You gonna award them or deny them those points when Calgary is in 5th chasing Montreal?

And let's say you erase all of Vancouver's games from this season's schedule and either deduct or auto-award points to the remaining 6 teams, how do you seed the 2 teams that come out of the North against the rest of the league in the 3rd round?

It's impossible to address all of these problems. They have no choice but to finish Vancouver's season somehow or cancel the entire league. Or just have a complete circus I guess because that's what it would be if their season was canceled.
A bit of an over reaction, the league would figure something out, also not sure if you're aware but this season is already a circus.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Two questions arise from due to deconditioned players in a compessed schedule:
1.) Does Vancouver go 0-19, or are they able to eek out some wins?
2.) Does Vancouver suffer any serious injuries?

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Two questions arise from due to deconditioned players in a compessed schedule:
1.) Does Vancouver go 0-19, or are they able to eek out some wins?
2.) Does Vancouver suffer any serious injuries?

We’ll be in tough, esp the first couple of weeks while the players try to get there legs back. . They won’t go winless. . Really hope there aren’t any serious injuries but with the condensed sched on the back of Covid, I could def see it. . It’ll be interesting to see what they do with Petey, depending on the nature of his injury. . Could certainly use him back but nobody seems to have a clue what’s wrong with him

SurferBroChad

Dec 17, 2018
Victoria BC

calgary is so done, what an insane post

they have 3 games in hand over van and are only tied with them after almost a month of no play.

canucks have a better shot of making the playoffs then them

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Don't have time to check in earlier pages, what record would Vancouver have to go and what's the worst record Montreal can have so that we can catch them? Also I get that if it's tied it'll probably be head to head as tie-breaker and we were destroyed this year, so we'd need to top them? If anyone has calculated stats or projections I'd be interested to see.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Also, if Pete is on LTIR and many vets are still recovering from injury, if things are too far gone I hope that they rest the top guys and we can primarily play the pricey vets (Roussel/ Sutter/ Virtanen/ Gaudette => granted that they're recovered ofc) and new players (Vesey, Boyd, also Juolevi), along with some filler guys, to help them finish the season with sufficient opportunities. Ofc the trade deadline will have gone by the time they're back, but coaching might as well tinker with the lineup to see if any of the pricey vets can still contribute, instead of running the same current dysfunctional bottom-6 mishmash.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
calgary is so done, what an insane post

they have 3 games in hand over van and are only tied with them after almost a month of no play.

canucks have a better shot of making the playoffs then them

Interesting that you managed to not answer a single one of my questions while calling me insane. Have a great evening.

coolboarder

Mar 4, 2010
Maryland
This is not good schedule for the Canucks at all. Should have cut the season short and go for point percent for the standing imo. What the NHL is smoking at?

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
After the Sabres outbreak they went on to lose 18 straight games. Best of luck to the Canucks in this fake season.

Reactions: EichHart

lawrence

May 19, 2012
After the Sabres outbreak they went on to lose 18 straight games. Best of luck to the Canucks in this fake season.

thanks man. I wouldn't mind a 18 game losing streak for the sakes of finishing with a better draft position.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
May 8: Vancouver at Edmonton (April 12)
May 9: Ottawa at Calgary (April 20)
May 10: Vancouver at Winnipeg (April 4)
May 11: Vancouver at Winnipeg (April 6)
May 12: Toronto at Ottawa (May 10)
May 13: Vancouver at Edmonton (April 14)

Really? Ahaha 6 games in 6 days?
It's not baseball lol.

NHL is just a poor organization.

Players are cattle to the NHL, they don't give any f***s.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Why couldn't the league just extend the season a week to take a little bit of the load off? Someone's going to get injured with that schedule.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
The Jets should forfeit their games against the Canucks. Jets need the rest and why take a chance of catching covid.

Reactions: Kleefeld
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad