Vancouver Canucks COVID-19 Breakout (No unrelated covid talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Canucks will be lucky to win 5 games down this stretch, this is just a brutal schedule and so many sick players, just awful situation.
NHL really should be ashamed, this is completely messed up.
Not just the physical toll, but the Mental toll with families going through it also, How can they even play?
This is bigger than paychecks, playing what 17 games in 24 nights? like come on

The NHL should have just bought Covid Vaccines a while ago.

But the SJW would have never shut the hell up about it.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
What's the point of that? Is it because of the whole "derp, well mathematically Vancouver can still make it" thing? Because it seems kind of pointless to delay the playoffs for games between two teams that 99% likely don't make the playoffs.
It has nothing to do with the playoff. It has all to do contract bonus, TV contract ..... The best way for them to do is play those games after the regular season over.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
The NHL should have just bought Covid Vaccines a while ago.

But the SJW would have never shut the hell up about it.
I am far from a social justice warrior and am not for this a lot of restrictions being put in place but in no way should the NHL be purchasing the vaccine right now.

While there is still a risk to these young athletes, the risk is far, far greater for older people. They need to be vaccinated first.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Funny that the Canucks official twitter has posted the JT quotes and the interview. How about do something about it instead? Frustrating.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I am far from a social justice warrior and am not for this a lot of restrictions being put in place but in no way should the NHL be purchasing the vaccine right now.

While there is still a risk to these young athletes, the risk is far, far greater for older people. They need to be vaccinated first.
Not sure if you know this but America is already vaccinating everyone, Canada is just way behind and dropping the ball.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I would not be surprised if the entire team said f*** you to the NHL and sat out Friday.

The ownership and management need to do something about this

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
You can’t really blame the league here. There are, what, 30 other teams? And a few weeks left in the regular season. They’ve done a lot of accommodating for the Canucks so far, at some point this late you have to just say “alright, go ice the best roster you can and good luck”

If Miller doesn’t want to play, I’m sure he can sit out the game and the Canucks can call someone up

Reactions: phrenssoa

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Not sure if you know this but America is already vaccinating everyone, Canada is just way behind and dropping the ball.

In Canada, I know two people who have got the vaccine - my grandma who is almost 80 and my friend who is a nurse in her young 20s.

I think the idea of a vaccine is almost mythical to a lot of Canadians, and most don’t realize how well the US is vaccinating. In a lot of areas in the US life is beginning to return to normal. Here in Ontario, we just entered our third lockdown and variant-driven cases have caused this wave of Covid to be the worst one yet.

Beef Cake

Aug 10, 2016
In Canada, I know two people who have got the vaccine - my grandma who is almost 80 and my friend who is a nurse in her young 20s.

I think the idea of a vaccine is almost mythical to a lot of Canadians, and most don’t realize how well the US is vaccinating. In a lot of areas in the US life is beginning to return to normal. Here in Ontario, we just entered our third lockdown and variant-driven cases have caused this wave of Covid to be the worst one yet.

Yet people still hold Stephan Harper on a pedestal

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
You can’t really blame the league here. There are, what, 30 other teams? And a few weeks left in the regular season. They’ve done a lot of accommodating for the Canucks so far, at some point this late you have to just say “alright, go ice the best roster you can and good luck”

If Miller doesn’t want to play, I’m sure he can sit out the game and the Canucks can call someone up
Congratulations, you absolutely missed the entire point

Reactions: SiZ

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
You can’t really blame the league here. There are, what, 30 other teams? And a few weeks left in the regular season. They’ve done a lot of accommodating for the Canucks so far
By cancelling games that would have created massive spread?
Yea, that schedule is really accomodating to a team in their situation.. how about just extend the schedule a bit including the US teams that have had their schedules altered too. The way Japan is going the Olympics are gonna be pushed back anyways

Reactions: Szechwan

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Congratulations, you absolutely missed the entire point

I feel for Miller and the Canucks and largely agree with his points, but at the same time we need to view this from a business standpoint because the NHL is a business.

Everyone else is being asked to work or quit their jobs. The NHL is no different tbh.

Furthermore, I don't think it is inappropriate to question the NHL for doing this. I question how my company handled COVID every day. But the fact is you can be in the NHL and adhere to their requests or you can not. It's not like the Canucks are alone in this. And they can opt out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spoilers

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
By cancelling games that would have created massive spread?
Yea, that schedule is really accomodating to a team in their situation.. how about just extend the schedule a bit including the US teams that have had their schedules altered too. The way Japan is going the Olympics are gonna be pushed back anyways
that's already happened once....

it will not happen a 2nd year in a row..... otherwise go ahead and cancel Beijing 2022 since the Olympics are on alternating two year cycles

Spoilers

Jun 24, 2018
The Canucks aren’t being forced to play. They technically have the option to not play.

The NHL has already rescheduled so many games, so unless the players are COVID positive they don’t see the need to reschedule. It’s essentially like playing with injuries. Tough luck.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
The Canucks aren’t being forced to play. They technically have the option to not play.

The NHL has already rescheduled so many games, so unless the players are COVID positive they don’t see the need to reschedule. It’s essentially like playing with injuries. Tough luck.

This. Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad