GDT: US Open :: Raonic & Bouchard eliminated

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Bouchard squandered 4 straight points on Makarova's serve after being up 40-15 to lose a break opportunity. :help:

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Makarova's letting her ranking show in these last few games. Neither of them seem to be able to hold onto any momentum though.

Genie's clearly sluggish, and Makarova's been powering away every shot, for better or for worse. The female commentator is right about Makarova though, she'd have already won this match if she played her shots a bit more carefully.

And Genie's clearly found her second wind right now!

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Those powerful forehands by Makarova are a thing of beauty to watch.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Pretty frustrated right now. Very sluggish game by Genie that I hoped she could steer in the right direction eventually, but it just never happened. Pretty disappointing tournament by her, and I don't just say this because of her relatively early exit, but more because of where her game was throughout.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Well, the book's out on Genie this year: she has trouble keeping up with power hitters.

This game was ripe for the taking. Bouchard lost it more than Makarova won it imho. Both players had more unforced errors than winners. Had Makarova played cleaner Bouchard would've been ran off the court.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Pretty frustrated right now. Very sluggish game by Genie that I hoped she could steer in the right direction eventually, but it just never happened. Pretty disappointing tournament by her, and I don't just say this because of her relatively early exit, but more because of where her game was throughout.

She did fairly well for someone who has played as much as she has. She'll likely end the year with the most wins in a grand slam. In this heat it caught up with her.

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
Well, the book's out on Genie this year: she has trouble keeping up with power hitters.

She needs a new coach. I hate the way that she plays her games. I get that she needs to be the one putting the pressure on the opponent...but she needs to be a bit more creative with her plays. Try some drop shots, put a deep ball and go to the net, etc. I feel she plays the same way every match on every point. She'll be very good but I feel she might need a new coach that will give her better advices.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Nishikori in complete breakdown mode in the first set

Edit: Nevermind Milos bad ground game is getting to him

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Dammit, had to tend to an emergency and just tuned in now.

How has Milos looked so far?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes